Home

Why are we being asked, once again, to make detailed lists of what we want in Madden?

This is a discussion on Why are we being asked, once again, to make detailed lists of what we want in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why are we being asked, once again, to make detailed lists of what we want in Madden?

Just as the title says...it irks me to no end, because it's the same crap every year, just changing the format of how we explain. What's next, we submit a list in reverse Pig Latin??
Seriously, though. If they really aren't aware, then they're so totally disconnected from their customer base that it's a lost cause.
Imo, it's just more of a way to put a cap on the negative posts by restricting the format...we deserve to be able to voice our displeasure, don't have to sugar coat everything.
And honestly, is any of it....the lists, the surveys, the podcasts and interviews, really made a difference up to this point?
They are releasing a game that not only is so much like last year that reviewers have had a hard time telling the difference much. And to top it off, it has the SAME issues as last year prior to the patches!!
Frustrated as hell, sorry for the rant. Lol

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #2
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Why are we being asked, once again, to make detailed lists of what we want in Mad

Exactly!!! I prefer the developers to completely shut down the communication between them and the consumer.
{a bit sarcastic}

We, as a gaming community, get riled up and upset when developers don't interact with the consumer (see No Man's Sky), but yet we are also upset when they ask for a list of our wants all the time?

Last edited by seasprite; 08-17-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why are we being asked, once again, to make detailed lists of what we want in Mad

So you're complaining that they want to know exactly what specific things we want...? Uhh
Old 08-17-2017, 12:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
So you're complaining that they want to know exactly what specific things we want...? Uhh
Yes, because we've told them for how many years now? And now they want to act as though our displeasure is a surprise for them. Lol

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Exactly!!! I prefer the developers to completely shut down the communication between them and the consumer.
{a bit sarcastic}

We, as a gaming community, get riled up and upset when developers don't interact with the consumer (see No Man's Sky), but yet we are also upset when they ask for a list of our wants all the time?
I gathered from the OP that it's more the repetition of certain things as opposed to just generally being available to the public. The "list" thing is one of those "same ole, same ole" instances. I didn't personally see much in the new lists that hasn't been requested for in the past.

Now, I appreciate that the new lists are an approach with a different spin. I also appreciate that someone was willing to take initiative and organize it. That's why I was willing to participate and help even tho I didn't necessarily agree with the approach.

And I don't ever mind when/if EA asks for feedback on things that are add-on's outside the scope of simulating the game of football. I start to agree 100% with the OP when they seem like they start asking us to prioritize an order of putting things in the game that should already be in an NFL game.

Example: IMO, We shouldn't have to tell EA for years now that Assistant Coaches are a big deal in football and the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #6
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deu22ces
I gathered from the OP that it's more the repetition of certain things as opposed to just generally being available to the public. The "list" thing is one of those "same ole, same ole" instances. I didn't personally see much in the new lists that hasn't been requested for in the past.

Now, I appreciate that the new lists are an approach with a different spin. I also appreciate that someone was willing to take initiative and organize it. That's why I was willing to participate and help even tho I didn't necessarily agree with the approach.

And I don't ever mind when/if EA asks for feedback on things that are add-on's outside the scope of simulating the game of football. I start to agree 100% with the OP when they seem like they start asking us to prioritize an order of putting things in the game that should already be in an NFL game.

Example: IMO, We shouldn't have to tell EA for years now that Assistant Coaches are a big deal in football and the NFL.
I will never and could never go along with anything to suggest that more interaction with the user should be less. Them actually fixing those issues are a separate topic IMO.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 08-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #7
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

I think they are curious which requests are most popular...then put resources into them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2017, 01:01 PM   #8
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
I think they are curious which requests are most popular...then put resources into them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just because the list is made, doesn't equal to that is what they see as priority. These list are combined with other lists and other data that they look at when they make those design decisions. They can only do X amount of things each cycle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »