Home

Madden 18 "Little Things" Thread

This is a discussion on Madden 18 "Little Things" Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2017, 04:05 AM   #121
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 18 "Little Things" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
It's annoying but in settings if you turn on the kicking arc it kinda helps with that. As far as kicking and punting whenever it's too close for me to call I use suggestion play calling. If it tells me to punt I try to pin it deep, if it tells me to kicking I usually have a decent chance of making it. It take wind direction and sterength into account
I've wondered if it's sophisticated enough to take ratings and wind into account when making suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 11:58 AM   #122
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2

I really enjoyed this rebound catch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ydEgZOo6eU
Old 09-22-2017, 05:32 PM   #123
MVP

jack1535's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersaurus
One little thing I've found annoying -- there's no wind indicator that I can find! I've had a few instances where I've called a Kickoff Left to begin the game, only to find that the wind is blowing strong to the right. It's also difficult to tell whether I should go for a long field goal on 4th and 2 when in the play call screen, or whether the wind would make success unlikely.

This is for good little things not bad

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-24-2017, 04:59 AM   #124
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Here's a little thing I love that everyone else seems to hate: You actually have to read a defense for once, and throw check downs if the coverage takes away your initial read. It's a lot harder to decide to throw a corner pre-snap and just stick with it whether it was zone or man. Now you actually have to understand what the defense is doing post-snap and anticipate.

I love all these interceptions. It's teaching players that the old method of deciding where to throw pre-snap isn't going to work as well anymore.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #125
MVP

jack1535's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Here's a little thing I love that everyone else seems to hate: You actually have to read a defense for once, and throw check downs if the coverage takes away your initial read. It's a lot harder to decide to throw a corner pre-snap and just stick with it whether it was zone or man. Now you actually have to understand what the defense is doing post-snap and anticipate.

I love all these interceptions. It's teaching players that the old method of deciding where to throw pre-snap isn't going to work as well anymore.

Ive gotten better at this but still struggling. I went in like old Madden and got destroyed. Started looking at the coverage more and it's helped but still make poor reads
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 10:03 PM   #126
Rookie

daddynab2's Arena

in a cfm game, i was on defense and i noticed they came out with 5 wr's. somebody said "who got 17" and i looked at their slot who was number 17 and nobody was covering him. i was about to audible but they snapped it quick and threw it to number 17 for a first down ;-; i like how the communication makes sense in this game lol idk
Old 09-30-2017, 12:21 AM   #127
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I just got my QB back from injury in CFM and they put up my teams stats with and without him playing this year
Old 09-30-2017, 11:34 PM   #128
Just started!

I Don't know if it's just me, but it ALWAYS annoys me, when you (or cpu) lead and kneel after 40 seconds , the teams still stand around in the huddle, i always wanted the game to start ending then just like in real life

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »