Home

Madden 18 Q & A Thread

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Q & A Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2017, 08:29 PM   #353
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Accelerating clock turned off, but still going to 20 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
I turned off Acc clock off in MM. I noticed in the 4 qtr in my game against the Giants it started accelerating down to 20 seconds? The whole 4th quarter. I could not stop it. Even going to in game options. Where it is still Off. Has this happened to anyone?
Was it happening when you had the ball? I know the cpu will utilize the tempo coaching adjustment when they're trying to run out the clock
Old 09-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #354
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 Q & A Thread

One thing I've noticed, and maybe someone has an answer or explanation, but whenever I'm in franchise and I go to add a trait to a player, for example making someone have a high motor, it'll say that it costs 1000, so I hit x, it applies it, then I hit start, to confirm it, and then it takes an additional amount of xp as well

Am I doing something wrong?*

It just seems to be taking extra xp from me each time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2017, 01:48 AM   #355
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Accelerating clock turned off, but still going to 20 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Was it happening when you had the ball? I know the cpu will utilize the tempo coaching adjustment when they're trying to run out the clock
Yes. It was in Play Now. But just played a CFM game, and did not happen. So that's the good news!

But yeah, that's what I thought at first. That it was the cpu in chew the clock mode. So it also applied it to me. But that would be bringing the play clock to 10 sec. It would only bring it to 20, which is default. But I had Acc clock turned off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 03:33 PM   #356
Rookie

asmmargod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack317
One thing I've noticed, and maybe someone has an answer or explanation, but whenever I'm in franchise and I go to add a trait to a player, for example making someone have a high motor, it'll say that it costs 1000, so I hit x, it applies it, then I hit start, to confirm it, and then it takes an additional amount of xp as well

Am I doing something wrong?*

It just seems to be taking extra xp from me each time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I think there's a glitch that displays inaccurate amount of xp needed to unlock a trait. I'm pretty sure I saw one of the EA folks on Twitter acknowledging it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2017, 04:03 PM   #357
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboys1973
Can you change game play setting in play now live I want to Lower injuries and increase the time of the game ?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I'm hoping someone else knows how, because the only way I see is to make a "custom matchup", and still you cannot adjust the sliders until after game is over. Big oversight by the devs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
When kicking the wind meter and "squib" etc screen in the lower right corner disappeared. Anybody know how to get that back?

I found out this answer for myself. It is part of the visual options, for the special on screen menu during gameplay in the lower left corner (RS). I had it off and turned it back on, now I can see the wind.

Last edited by baconbits11; 09-11-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:04 PM   #358
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
I've noticed when playing the CPU, they can change things to make them more aggressive going after the ball etc.

How can I do this for my team in game?
"Adjustments" in the playcall window. Have to scroll down a couple notches to see it.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:57 PM   #359
Rookie

Would it be realistic if i traded muhammed Wilkerson(Jets) to a contender before tradedeadline?

My season isn't going well and i think it will be a full rebuild and muhammed wilkerson is already 27 although he is having a great season(7 sacks) But he doesn't fit my plan. The return would be just some picks

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2017, 04:36 PM   #360
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

How do we make in game adjustments? Like playing the pass more aggressive, for ints? Or stripping the ball? I've pushed every button I think and went to the paused screen. I don't see it in the game

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by cable guy; 09-12-2017 at 05:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »