Home

How is your franchise going? Madden 18

This is a discussion on How is your franchise going? Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2018, 02:31 AM   #553
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

I haven't actually dived into a Madden CFM since Madden 16. I was waiting for pancake glitch and few other issues such as QB AI and bunch other things to be ironed out and well they definitely have been addressed a while ago or recently. The game is definitely way better and still got issues, but I can deal with it.
I spent about a few days just testing a different variation of matchups, sliders, etc and finally found solid sliders. Not perfect, but challenging and definitely fun! I was stuck between the Browns or Jets. I decided to jets. Week 1, I lost badly. 14-31 to the Bills. Mccown couldn't throw the ball if the wide receivers were standing 2 yards in front of him, wide open. After the game, I checked trade block and surprisingly ( kind of not ) Teddy Bridgewater was on the block. Being a Viking fan, I said why not. I ended up getting Teddy for a 3rd pick and giving up a LOLB. David Bass or something like that? I don't remember his name off the top my head. Vikings didn't have a 4th rounder in this year draft so that addition third round will make up for that and they needed more depth at LOLB apparently. I don't expect much from Teddy, but I am hoping maybe this could be his comeback year and prove he can be that "guy" for me or some team and obviously give me some hope to win games besides Mccown or Hackenberg.

Teddy Debut against the Raiders wasn't a win, but he did play quite well. 23/32 280 yards 2 TDs and a pick. We lost 17-31 but it was hope. In week three against the Dolphins, Teddy played solid once again. Winning our first game of the season 13-16 Teddy stat line was 26/39 232 yards 1 TD. Matt Forte took a lot of pressure off Teddy with putting up 25 carries and 124 yards. Cutler 2 fumbles and interception helped us out as well. The final game I got in, was Jaguars at Jets. I lost this one 28-18. Bortles played like Bortles, mediocre and not doing much. 13-21 171 yards 1 TD. Fournette did it all to win them a game. He had two giant TD's for 75 yards and an 80 yarder. He finished with a stat line of 225 yards, 2 TDs. If you took away that two big TDs, he didn't do all that great. Teddy was decent at best here. One awful overthrew for a TD and another just tip and unlucky. he tried to bring us back but couldn't. 29-51 326 yards 1 TD and 2 Picks. sitting 1-3 on the year right now, things don't look great after the Browns game. Gets much harder but we'll see. Teddy keeps it up, maybe he can be my guy or just temporary until I draft someone and he develops. Hate to admit it, I have a soft spot for Teddy. Ranked 22 Offense and 28 defense. Defense is just awful. But I think the offense causes it due to lack of sustaining drives always. I have yet to see any All-Madden cheese but hopefully, there isn't any, the sliders are a lot of fun!
Old 02-15-2018, 07:49 AM   #554
Rookie

ScoDucks's Arena

Due to the Giants going 2-14 this year i decided to start a rebuild with them. I simmed my first season ended up going 1-15 traded olivier vernon and a 3rd round pick for a 1st round draft pick from the bears who pick 7th. Managed to sign Jarvis Landry in free agency so my starting recievers for next year are OBJ and Jarvis Landry. Next up came the draft. With the 1ST and 7TH picks I took Josh Allen with the first pick and Saquon Barkely with the 7th pick. Picked up a few defensive pieces with the remaining draft picks.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:53 AM   #555
Rookie

ScoDucks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoDucks
Due to the Giants going 2-14 this year i decided to start a rebuild with them. I simmed my first season ended up going 1-15 traded olivier vernon and a 3rd round pick for a 1st round draft pick from the bears who pick 7th. Managed to sign Jarvis Landry in free agency so my starting recievers for next year are OBJ and Jarvis Landry. Next up came the draft. With the 1ST and 7TH picks I took Josh Allen with the first pick and Saquon Barkely with the 7th pick. Picked up a few defensive pieces with the remaining draft picks.
First game of the season is an away game vs the Colts. Rookies, Josh Allen, Saquon Barkely will start right away for the Giants
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2018, 09:50 AM   #556
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo2208
You're right man. My emotions got the best of me last night. It is just SO frustrating. It was the second time I got to the Super Bowl since I got the game and in both games I got screwed. First time was a scripted blocked FG and then this fumble fiasco. I just wanna win so I can say I did and move on. Sigh. There's always next year.
I hate the blocks in the game. There shouldn't be a random longer animation for kicks. I understand if you get "Perfect" you will not get it blocked but it should be based on blocked assignments and skill vs RNG. I have lost 2-3 games to blocked punts being returned, haven't had a FG block hurt me yet though. I made it to 3 SB's in 16 with Jacksonville and lost all 3 before finally breaking through against the Lions my 6th year into franchise and it felt amazing to win it. That was a fun franchise because I went 3-13 year one, 9-7 year 2, just missing the playoffs, 12-4 years 3 and 4 and making the SB against the Falcons and losing both before playing the most random SB ever against the post Brees Saints who promptly blew me out of the building like 49-7 or something awful. I played all of that on AM and every game was a challenge. This franchise has been a bit different in that my defense is dominant and my QB kind of struggles at times but is incredibly clutch. In 6 playoff games Trubisky has 16 TD passes and 2 INT's plus 4 rushing TD's. All of his regular season games have resulted in 78 TD's, 58 INT's, and 10 rushing TD's in 44 games. He's also 5-1 in the playoffs and has a really good regular season record of 33-11. It helps to have a defense allowing less than 16 ppg though, most teams could be successful with that.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:42 PM   #557
Rookie

bravo2208's Arena

Haha, sounds like my current franchise. I moved the Bills to Brooklyn. We went 3-13 the first year. I spent all three of my 1st rounders on defense. We went 9-7 in year two and barely made the playoffs with Peterman. I traded a 2nd rounder to the Falcons for a 77 OVR rookie QB they drafted for some reason. We went 11-5 in year three but that QB really struggled. He threw 20 INT. I had never seen so many errant throws. I signed Wentz (6 years, 140 mil) and Tyreke Hill to try and get us over the hump.

My offense was wrecking **** all season. We only got held to under 20 points in two games. Wentz threw 49 TD and 9 INT and won the MVP. Hill had like 1,500 yards. We finished 12-4, #2 seed in the AFC. My secondary is incredible. 2 90+ corners, 90 FS and 87 SS. It's basically a no-fly zone. That's what pisses me off the most. I understand defenses have bad games but there is no way Russell Wilson should carve us up to the tune of 22/25 and 4 TD passing. I also like to think I could have overcome that if not for the fumbles. Whole game was just strange and felt predetermined after I went up 21-10.

I feel you on having a good-great defense. It makes things so much easier and I feel like I can actually run my full gameplan on offense. Not to mention winning the field position battle a good chunk of the time. I really thought this was the year lol. #1 passing offense, #1 defense. Just ran into the wrong team at the wrong time I guess. I will always feel like we had the better team. I was having zero trouble moving the ball on them and it felt like the fumbles were an equalizer for the CPU.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:40 PM   #558
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Do you guys consider it cheating to play on All-Pro? I've played 2 seasons on All-Madden and although I've had a winning record I'm just so sick of the CPU cheese

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 02-17-2018, 12:49 PM   #559
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Do you guys consider it cheating to play on All-Pro?
Na, imo that's how the game is supposed to be played.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #560
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper
Na, imo that's how the game is supposed to be played.
In two seasons on All-Madden, (2018, 2019) I've gone 10-6 then 9-7 with an improved Jets team with a good defense and a revamped receiving corps. Nick Foles as the QB. But I just can't take my two 85+ ovr corners getting fleeced by 3rd string tight ends and Jacoby Brissett. If anyone can recommend an All-Pro slider set let me know

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »