Home

Madden Presentation: Beyond Broadcast or Real-Life Broadcast?

This is a discussion on Madden Presentation: Beyond Broadcast or Real-Life Broadcast? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Madden Presentation
Beyond Broadcast 4 7.69%
More Realistic Broadcast 45 86.54%
No opinion/don't care 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2017, 12:44 AM   #25
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden Presentation: Beyond Broadcast or Real-Life Broadcast?

I want to see real life presentation on Madden. I don't like the ridiculous zoomed in all the way replays and cutscenes, you can't even tell what happened on the play. When I get a touchdown run I dont need to be able to see the sweat dripping down my runningbacks arms I'd rather see how the blocking developed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 01:10 AM   #26
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Generally speaking, I don't care. I enjoy the game's presentation in its current state and I don't mind the "beyond broadcast" theme, and I also wouldn't mind if that mindset shifted more towards a strict "real life" theme.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:16 AM   #27
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

I guess I'd go with a more realistic presentation. These days, the NFL has reached a point of sports broadcast dominance that all aspects of the game, the league, and the personalities are covered to such a level of detail that nothing seems left out. Examples: Hard Knocks, A Football Life, and just about every sellable product from protein bars to cars are "official _____ of the NFL".

Trouble is, all this media has caused the gritty, truthful side of the NFL to disappear into the background. No one cares about the facts anymore. All they care about is how much attention they get, whether it's a truthful, honest look at a player's performance, a team's rebuilding outlook, or whether a coach is on his way out or not.

So, if I had my way, I'd opt for a more realistic, factual, analytical style of presentation. It's what's said, not how loud it's said.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:31 AM   #28
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Madden Presentation: Beyond Broadcast or Real-Life Broadcast?

Seeing your coach before single every play and after every single play--not your players, the coach--in the same 7 repeated cut scenes in CFM is such a bore and hurts the replay value for me (although admittedly, presentation means a lot to me, which is why I always enjoyed the 2K games).

TV presentation all the way for me.

I've never understood why Madden, through how they implement camera angles, stat banners and more--seems intent on reminding you that you're playing a video game rather than immersing you in the idea that it's a real NFL game broadcast. It doesn't mean you have to strip away all the on field elements, they just need to be in their proper place. I mean, why would you add excellent TV-esque commentary but not also add equally excellent TV broadcast presentation?

Last edited by PacMan3000; 08-24-2017 at 01:33 AM.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:06 AM   #29
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I've mentioned this before but with how much flak CFM has received this year, virtually nobody mentioned how much presentation has staled since Madden 16.

For next year, Madden desperately needs to overhaul it's presentation besides the commentary. Post-play camera angles, stat wipes, banners everything.

So I ask what would you like the direction of Madden's presentation going foward? Are you a fan of the beyond broadcast thing they do now or would you like the more true to life presentation?
Are you kidding me? what did you just waltz in here a day ago and completely miss the threads that have been on the front page for over a month now about presentation and CFM????? Some of us have been beating this issue to death for the past few weeks. Theres only so much you can say about it. Hopefully EA listens.

See this thread i created below...

Theres also DueceDouglas' thread about CFM that touches on presentation too. His is pretty detailed.

ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION)
Old 08-24-2017, 12:56 PM   #30
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
Are you kidding me? what did you just waltz in here a day ago and completely miss the threads that have been on the front page for over a month now about presentation and CFM????? Some of us have been beating this issue to death for the past few weeks. Theres only so much you can say about it. Hopefully EA listens.

See this thread i created below...

Theres also DueceDouglas' thread about CFM that touches on presentation too. His is pretty detailed.

ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION)
Haha, I actually posted in your thread...some good ideas there.

But there have been dozens of threads and posts on CFM compared to just a few on presentation. Now obviously alot more people feel more fervently towards CFM but the whole purpose of this thread was to see how many are sastified with Madden's current presentation direction. The results really speak for themselves.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 08-24-2017, 04:28 PM   #31
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Haha, I actually posted in your thread...some good ideas there.

But there have been dozens of threads and posts on CFM compared to just a few on presentation. Now obviously alot more people feel more fervently towards CFM but the whole purpose of this thread was to see how many are sastified with Madden's current presentation direction. The results really speak for themselves.
I agree. I like that you created this poll. I never liked the idea of EA trying to go out on their own and create their own presentation camera angles, etc. they are just completely missing the boat as to what's important to most of us CFM guys when it comes to presentation. It's all about immersion of being a part of the NFL which is what they are supposed to be representing. This thread is proof of that. ESPN 2k4 and 2k5 didn't start taking massive sales away from madden for no reason. That should be proof right their as to how important presentation is to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 05:36 PM   #32
Rookie

I voted beyond broadcast. But I want both. I want it to be true to life if I'm controlling the entire team. But if I'm playing career mode with a QB or something, I'd want to camera to be focused on me in an effective, not necessarily realistic, way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »