Home

Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2017, 06:44 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

2025 DRAFT
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Sorry its not a full draft with stats, was my first attempt at your sheet

2026 DRAFT
Most info is in that one. Got as many traits in as well.

2027 DRAFT
Again, just finished this draft, so thought id add everything to it before sharing.

-----

Interesting note about my 3 QB situation.
I went with Smolko in the end. A bit of a gamble as iI liked his current stats and hoped id be able to add the traits to get to ss development. Turns out i didnt have to.

Joint highest QB rating ive seen drafted on my 9 year career mode so far.

Interesting the Red Chip guy turned out better then the Heisman Winner.
And also interesting that the 4th guy was almost as good at Gachklar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2017, 11:41 PM   #402
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission001
2025 DRAFT
Sorry its not a full draft with stats, was my first attempt at your sheet

2026 DRAFT
Most info is in that one. Got as many traits in as well.

2027 DRAFT
Again, just finished this draft, so thought id add everything to it before sharing.

-----

Interesting note about my 3 QB situation.
I went with Smolko in the end. A bit of a gamble as iI liked his current stats and hoped id be able to add the traits to get to ss development. Turns out i didnt have to.

Joint highest QB rating ive seen drafted on my 9 year career mode so far.

Interesting the Red Chip guy turned out better then the Heisman Winner.
And also interesting that the 4th guy was almost as good at Gachklar
That 80 FB named Reece is exactly what I'm looking for! I'll have to keep an eye out in future drafts. With those combine stats he should have 81+ SPD/ACC and around 79-80 AGI.

Grats on Smolko having SS development. Stud QB you got.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:55 PM   #403
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Here are the only players I saved from my 2018 draft. I'll save more for your data with future drafts.

I converted Lewis ONeil to a MLB and he became Prototype archetype. He is a 73 OVR MLB. Converted Clim Fleming to SS and he was still 75 OVR. Changed Durand's archetype to 3-4 Run Stopper to fit my scheme. He is a solid backup/starter at 74 OVR for a rookie at 3-4 DE. Jamal Long was a big bust for a Red Chip HB, but he was a late 7th round prospect. I think the HB measurables need to be adjusted. No point taking a HB with a 40time worse than 4.62. And the 3cone/shuttle may need to be adjusted to Blue/Red Chip HBs.

I've adjusted them myself, but they don't appear to actually impact whether a player is highlighted as Blue/Red Chip.

Last edited by Devaster; 10-31-2017 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:14 AM   #404
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Thanks guys, keep the data coming! Effectively there are now 99 different positions I need separate checks for, once you take the archetypes into account. So that means I need data data data to ensure they’re as accurate as possible.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 10-31-2017, 11:39 AM   #405
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OMN - I've been making my own adjustments to the 'Scouting Requirements' tab. Specifically to some of the combine measurables and also to the 'Must have at least 2' column, but they don't appear to take effect. I can use the numbers I input to check against though, but it would nice if they were visually confirmed while inputting the data with the 'Draft Status' column that we already use. Also why are some of the grades in Black or Green text in the 'Scouting Requirements' tab? And can those skills we input grades in for there the minimum that will be allowed for Blue/Red Chip?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2017, 12:01 PM   #406
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
OMN - I've been making my own adjustments to the 'Scouting Requirements' tab. Specifically to some of the combine measurables and also to the 'Must have at least 2' column, but they don't appear to take effect. I can use the numbers I input to check against though, but it would nice if they were visually confirmed while inputting the data with the 'Draft Status' column that we already use. Also why are some of the grades in Black or Green text in the 'Scouting Requirements' tab? And can those skills we input grades in for there the minimum that will be allowed for Blue/Red Chip?

No that’s right, everything is hard coded. You can change what’s already there, but not add new ones. This is one of the things I’ve addressed in my big rewrite for v6. The green text denotes that a player must have either that skill at that grade OR another green skill.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 10-31-2017, 06:27 PM   #407
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Thanks guys, keep the data coming! Effectively there are now 99 different positions I need separate checks for, once you take the archetypes into account. So that means I need data data data to ensure they’re as accurate as possible.
So I think I have been using the archetypes wrong. I've been putting in what I run as far a player scheme goes. So I like power backs and I put that in for every HB I scout. Is this correct or should we be putting in the player type that they actually are?
Old 10-31-2017, 08:42 PM   #408
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
So I think I have been using the archetypes wrong. I've been putting in what I run as far a player scheme goes. So I like power backs and I put that in for every HB I scout. Is this correct or should we be putting in the player type that they actually are?
It will affect the TVR a bit. But probably not more than 0.5. Archetypes are directly tied to some of the skills and weight/height of the player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »