Home

Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2018, 03:46 PM   #617
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

What do you guys do for players that skip the combine? What do you enter for their stats so they don't disappear on your draft board?
Old 02-10-2018, 05:53 AM   #618
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwevans
What do you guys do for players that skip the combine? What do you enter for their stats so they don't disappear on your draft board?
You could enter combine numbers that are the average for their position.
And then put a mark on their name or something so you remember those are not real.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #619
Rookie

In the red and blue chip requirement tabs, I'm curious if the following are both required or just one of these?

For ROLB (3-4 PASS rusher) requirement for red has power moves and finesse moves at B-

For DT (balanced) requirement for blue has power moves and block shedding at B- , requirement for red has power moves and block shedding at C+

For both LDE and RDE (speed rusher) requirement for red has power moves and finesse moves at C+, this is the one I wasn't sure if that's supposed to mean both must be C+ or just one, as I've seen some pass rush DE with overalls at 72 with only one of those but not the other

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2018, 04:22 PM   #620
Rookie

Curious if you'd be willing to share all the prospect data people have given you, I'm interested in making a cheat sheet for choosng who to scout, after scouting then load all the players into your program for further evaluation.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #621
Rookie

OVR: 5

Has anyone asked EA or a game changer person if they can add a draft download to the app? Pulling all the basic stuff into the sheet would be nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2018, 04:05 PM   #622
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
Has anyone asked EA or a game changer person if they can add a draft download to the app? Pulling all the basic stuff into the sheet would be nice.

That would be amazing.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 02-14-2018, 08:23 PM   #623
Rookie

I adjusted the requirements to help more players >75 in the blue requirement and >72 into the red requirement. The yellow highlighted players are all players that can be scouted to determine blue or red status before the combine.

I just reference this cheat sheet for scouting, thought I'd share it. I understand this will allow more less qualified players to meet requirements but I'd rather allow myself to make the final call by ordering my draft board per position on the game for who I think will be the best of the position group and who I would target early and gambles I would take later in the draft.

Maddn Scouting DEF.PNG

Madden Scouting OFF.PNG

Last edited by guff; 02-14-2018 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #624
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Do you feel it's possible you've kind of overfit the model with archetypes?

Gameplay wise madden archetypes don't really mean much (meaning Julio Jones plays the same in game whether he's listed as red zone threat or speed WR)

I just plugged in two 1st round projected WRs. One is a speed guy the other is possession. The possession guy has a true value rating of 88.21 while the speed guy is 87.02. However, as a possession archetype the possession guy is flagged as a "do not draft" while the speed guy is flagged as a blue chip.

I understand that players in certain archetypes probably have some attribute trends that they follow and that is probably why it flags them, but it just seems odd to me that a guy with a higher TVR is a do not draft while the lower guy is considered a blue chip

EDIT: I do see that age factors into TVR (speed guy is 24, poss guy is 22) but even looking at attributes scouted the poss guy lowest is a B and speed guys lowest is B-

Last edited by Robo COP; 02-19-2018 at 11:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »