Home

Blocked. Kicks.

This is a discussion on Blocked. Kicks. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2017, 05:17 PM   #9
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Blocked. Kicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben2424
In the 10-12 games played so far, I've had my kicks blocked about 6-7 times...then returned for touchdowns! This is definitely something that needs to be fixed!
This is exactly what im referring to. I had two blocked in Bears vs Titans, one was blocked and returned for a touchdown and one was blocked and returned to the 1 (Thanks Trubisky!). I still won the game but its frustrating because i've already had a total of about 5-8 punts/kicks blocked and I haven't really even gotten into the backfield let alone get a couple inches from blocking one. Really frustrating. But i'll experiment with changing up the timing of actually kicking.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:28 AM   #10
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

I HATE the slow motion animation you get on these blocked kicks. Why can't they just have someone missing a block like in real life? Why do they have to slow down the snap and hold or the punter catching the ball every time? Most blocked kicks are because someone blocking gets utterly owned, not because there is someone twiddling their thumbs after they catch the ball before they punt it.

Also, more germane to the specific topic, in both Madden 18 and 17 I had two blocked kicks against the Rams, more than once. Does Madden amp up the kick blocks on rivalry games or something? Feel like I'd be better off super simming. If they do then I am totally disappointed. I'm so tired of the swag in Madden (like the player introductions, or, if this is true, more wacky plays on Thursday night games or rivalry games).
Old 09-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #11
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

In my 3rd game of the season vs Miami with the Jets I'm playing solid, 0-0, had a 41 yard FG blocked and returned for 6!

First block in any of my games, last game vs Raiders I jumped the snap with Mo Wilkerson, a DT, but just missed a block myself

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 08:33 AM   #12
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPZ187
In my 3rd game of the season vs Miami with the Jets I'm playing solid, 0-0, had a 41 yard FG blocked and returned for 6!

First block in any of my games, last game vs Raiders I jumped the snap with Mo Wilkerson, a DT, but just missed a block myself

UPDATE....

Same game, 2 possessions later I go down the field for 6, on the XP I hold down the accuracy for a minute to throw off my timing, it's still blocked and returned for 2 points for Miami....Im losing 9-6 now with all their points coming off blocked kicks....insane

Old 09-03-2017, 11:52 AM   #13
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I HATE the slow motion animation you get on these blocked kicks. Why can't they just have someone missing a block like in real life? Why do they have to slow down the snap and hold or the punter catching the ball every time? Most blocked kicks are because someone blocking gets utterly owned, not because there is someone twiddling their thumbs after they catch the ball before they punt it.

Also, more germane to the specific topic, in both Madden 18 and 17 I had two blocked kicks against the Rams, more than once. Does Madden amp up the kick blocks on rivalry games or something? Feel like I'd be better off super simming. If they do then I am totally disappointed. I'm so tired of the swag in Madden (like the player introductions, or, if this is true, more wacky plays on Thursday night games or rivalry games).
This is my biggest issue, it's clearly a dice roll/ predetermined outcome. You can tell when a kick or punt will be blocked right fro,m the snap. The punter or kicker will just freeze to give the defense extra time to get there. It's very inorganic.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:00 PM   #14
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Ive always wondered if the players I'm not controlling could jump the snap and block kicks on their own.
I have a 0% success rate on user blocks, but I had a CPU teammate block a PAT before.
College Football Revamped
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Old 09-03-2017, 12:14 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

In seven games I've had two kicks and one punt blocked and all returned for a TD. What I really don't like is the all or nothing element of blocking kicks, either I get it off cleanly with no pressure or it's blocked. It would be nice to barely get a kick off when pressure is coming sometimes instead of it being an automatic block when someone comes off the edge
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #16
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
In seven games I've had two kicks and one punt blocked and all returned for a TD. What I really don't like is the all or nothing element of blocking kicks, either I get it off cleanly with no pressure or it's blocked. It would be nice to barely get a kick off when pressure is coming sometimes instead of it being an automatic block when someone comes off the edge
To add to it, basically every blocked kick the offensive line just stands there and the kicker and holder say "Screw it, i dont car, im done." And the defense picks up every block and takes it to the house. I feel like its completely impossible for a blocked kick to go past the LOS or go completely lateral to the LOS, its always right back into the kickers face. Even though real-life coaches teach players about what to do specifically if it goes past the LOS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »