Home

Thread not needed. No issues.

This is a discussion on Thread not needed. No issues. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2017, 10:07 AM   #1
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Thread not needed. No issues.

EDIT: Mods. You can delete/close this. If it's not an issue for others this year, I can live with it. Thanks.

This was an issue last year or the year before, where the auto-generated rookies were not scaled the same as the real NFL players. As a result, drafted Rookies were better OVR wise and frankly faster, than NFL players.

Now I could just be amazing at drafting players, but In about 5 drafts or so, I've drafted a few players with 95+ speed. Not just depth players either.

I know some of you guys are REALLY good at compiling data, so I'm curious if anyone has investigated this already.

Last edited by Datninja619; 09-05-2017 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Request closure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 12:04 PM   #2
Rookie

Generated Rookies not scaled correctly?

Last year they nerfed the draft classes with a patch, shrinking the pool of talented rookies. The few exceptional ones were easily spotted with scouting, and a human player could pull in the majority of them. There were many cpu teams with drafts comprised entirely of sub 70 rookies. Even good rookies the cpu drafted sat behind sub par vets with higher awr/prc since these attributes are the cheapest and first the cpu upgrades. With the age 26 wall this led to a lack of talented CPU teams 5 years into a cfm. This at least was my experience, and it ruined my cfm.

I hope they keep the more heavily weighted draft classes. It creates more talent across the board and a better chance for the CPU to draft a guy who will start and develop, creating a longer shelf life for cfm.

Last year I had to go through and reduce the awr/prc of some cpu players to get them to start their rookies. For ex.; a 35 year old wr who is a 83 ovr but has 76 speed would play over an uber talented 81 rated rook with 96 speed. Or a 82 rated 36 year old vet qb starting over a 79 year old stud rookie qb with superstar dev.

It would be nice if we could have a draft talent slider that would adjust the top end and floor of a draft class, shifting the median overall of the class. Add this to my wishlist, as well as a regression slider, and further, a position specific regression slider and/or a skill specific regression slider. Allow the user to play the game they want with as much personalization as possible. Keep dreaming right?

Last edited by TexInOrd; 09-05-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:07 PM   #3
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Generated Rookies not scaled correctly?

These draft classes are much better than the nerfed ones last year. By year 5 the user had ALL the top talent and the CPU had a bunch of dudes.

For the long term playability and balance of CFM we need these more talented draft pools.

Last year the CPU would have up to a dozen teams that drafted NO ONE over 70 OVR. That's not realistic.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:17 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
These draft classes are much better than the nerfed ones last year. By year 5 the user had ALL the top talent and the CPU had a bunch of dudes.

For the long term playability and balance of CFM we need these more talented draft pools.

Last year the CPU would have up to a dozen teams that drafted NO ONE over 70 OVR. That's not realistic.
It's not the overalls that are the problem. It's the crazy amount of players with 4.2 and 4.3 speeds that makes current players obsolete. They can just increase awareness or intangible skills to get overalls where they need to be.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:23 PM   #5
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

It's just the typical pattern we see. The base rookies are better than the core players and then the generated rookies are even better than the base rookies.

Now this is just in general but it's been an issue for years IMO

I think this is part of the "do we cater to sim or casuals" question. If you start putting lower rated guys you take away excitement from the draft. I see guys on here trade for multiple top picks and then draft an entire new young core of franchise players.

So in closing: I think they increase speed to increase excitement in the draft process.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 02:41 PM   #6
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Personally I don't mind it because of the issues mentioned by several others here, the CPU. Last year I would spend 2+ hours editing the CPU rookies just to make it competitive for me because all of their drafted players sucked compared to mine.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #7
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
It's just the typical pattern we see. The base rookies are better than the core players and then the generated rookies are even better than the base rookies.

Now this is just in general but it's been an issue for years IMO

I think this is part of the "do we cater to sim or casuals" question. If you start putting lower rated guys you take away excitement from the draft. I see guys on here trade for multiple top picks and then draft an entire new young core of franchise players.

So in closing: I think they increase speed to increase excitement in the draft process.

I think about it the same way. Last year's generated draft prospects were much more closely aligned to the base roster rookies after the patch which made it a more realistic CFM experience if you were running a human league. This year, actual rookies are less valuable than the draft prospects because they are both better and more prevalent in quantity.

Even in this community, where realism and authenticity is more requested, you see users in near agreement that they don't want that in regards to draft prospects. They want talent rich draft classes so that either:

A) It counters poor CPU player development.

Or

B) They want to be able to draft their team solid every year.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:28 PM   #8
Rookie

silveredge96's Arena

OVR: 4

The classes are fine. Stop nitpicking about every little issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »