Home

Another CFM rant

This is a discussion on Another CFM rant within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2017, 01:10 PM   #9
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Another CFM rant

The changes this year were very minor but one that that has been a huge addition, for me at least, over 17 is off the ball injuries. It's not a "back of the box feature" but it has added so much depth to our online league. Last year we could get away with carrying only the minimum number of lineman, this year we have to be strategic with our backups and practice squad.

And the gameplay this year has been excellent, especially after the first patch and with some sliders. I still need to see the extra point sim bug fixed but overall I am happy with my purchase even with the limitations of CFM.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:30 PM   #10
Rookie

Icon12 Re: Another CFM rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
No disrespect but I couldn't disagree with you more on this. Sure on field gameplay is OK, not perfect not even close. The problem is in order for CFM to be a viable playable mode it needs to have immersion. It needs something that pulls you in and keeps you playing. As it stands, it's the worst franchise mode possibly ever (not counting nba live) there is simply no innovation in this mode, no creativity, no life to it. The on field game simply can't make up for this.

All the improved on field play says to me, they care about h2h competitive play and MUT. Sim style/CFM gamers do not matter to them. We don't pay additional money after the game is out. So I guess from their perspective, why should they care? I don't blame the developers, I play the development managers and higher ups that have decided that we don't matter.

Yea the developers certainly need to do better but I blame the "higher-ups" when it comes to E.A. they handcuff so many good ideas the developers have
Old 09-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #11
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The changes this year were very minor but one that that has been a huge addition, for me at least, over 17 is off the ball injuries. It's not a "back of the box feature" but it has added so much depth to our online league. Last year we could get away with carrying only the minimum number of lineman, this year we have to be strategic with our backups and practice squad.

And the gameplay this year has been excellent, especially after the first patch and with some sliders. I still need to see the extra point sim bug fixed but overall I am happy with my purchase even with the limitations of CFM.

Ahmen. I was really furious about gameplay out of the box......then the patch dropped.....with some help from my friends at OS we worked through some stuff slider wise....and now the game is really a fun experience.

Off-Ball injuries are fantastic. It changes the game totally in franchise mode. It makes depth matter, roster building matter and your practice squad matter.

Huge immersion for me.

While I agree CFM needs some love (actually I would like to see a lot) it is very functional (with my assistance of course to fix some AI mistakes and that is true across all sports games and has been since franchise modes became a thing on console games) and with all the tuning they did to off-season CPU AI in free agency and CPU drafting logic I am very pleased.

Again.....I guess I am old school....but I create my storylines big time. And streaming games and having good friends who view and talk with me during the games......it’s a blast.

It is what you make it. I choose to make it a fun, fantasy ride and as long as the gameplay is on point (and Madden since M25 for me has never been better despite the ugly warts we have discussed ad nasum) we are good. And gameplay is for the most part really good and a lot of fun.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2017, 06:47 PM   #12
MVP

Toupal's Arena

I am tired of excuses.
I am tired of the blame getting passed off to other people.
I am tired of not getting results.
I am tired of a dull franchise mode.
I am tired of empty promises.
I am tired of resources being put towards something I never use.
I am tired of 2k outperforming Madden.
I am tired of being disappointed by the franchise blog every season.
I am tired of franchise requests being neglected.

It is time they take ownership over how lame Franchise mode is, address and fix it!

We are not asking for anything ground breaking. They say they care and that they listen to our requests, but the work and results that we have seen from franchise mode do not reflect that.

Show us that you care by giving us a product that you can legitimately be proud of, and something that we are excited to play after one season.

Deucedouglass' post is the blueprint that a majority of the OS'ers would love to see. Deuce has put more effort into franchise mode this last season than anyone at EA has, and they should not be proud of that.

I will continue to boycott this game until they can prove to me that they care about franchise mode. I wish more franchise lovers would do the same and hold them accountable.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:57 PM   #13
Rookie

Just Integrate micro transactions into franchise and superstar mode. I'd hate it, but maybe then they'd actually put effort into it... Because MUT is deep and its been around fewer years than franchise mode. How is that possible? why?... Because that's where the money is....

I can see it now ......
Madden Ultimate Superstar mode: create superstar upgrade packs and other bs to play online MUT Squads blah blah blah..

All New Franchise: build team by paying for scouting reports, coaching traits blah blah blah ...

We all know its coming.. Micro-Transactions will be in every game mode
Old 09-10-2017, 07:05 PM   #14
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011

Offball injuries are meaningless to me until Madden has a roster spot for all 53 players.

I roll my eyes so hard everytime I hear a developer say something to the effect of "We aren't going to add something half heartedly"...

Franchise mode itself is a half-hearted project.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:09 PM   #15
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascs13
We all know its coming.. Micro-Transactions will be in every game mode

I remember when the AFL DLC was signaling the start of microtransactions infecting every aspect of the game.

Still hasn't happened.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2017, 07:33 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Offball injuries are meaningless to me until Madden has a roster spot for all 53 players.

I roll my eyes so hard everytime I hear a developer say something to the effect of "We aren't going to add something half heartedly"...

Franchise mode itself is a half-hearted project.
I am glad they put those injuries in but to tout that players can get injured jn 2018 as a gamechanging event just shows how low this mode is and how much they have managed to lower expectations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »