Home

Where We Stand With Madden NFL 18 After a Few Weeks

This is a discussion on Where We Stand With Madden NFL 18 After a Few Weeks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2017, 05:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Where We Stand With Madden NFL 18 After a Few Weeks

So far im still playing on play now. CFM seems like it has a lot of errors, ill create one later i guess
Old 09-14-2017, 06:27 PM   #10
Banned

I only play online H2H..

I stopped playing cfm/franchise years ago because it was boring and just God awful. In the past Id buy the game just to play franchise/cfm Mode. Not anymore.

Now Im happy with the game I think its the best Madden ever. I think they've done a great job with it this year!
Old 09-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #11
Rookie

I feel like with Madden the gameplay has gotten better over the last 2-3 years. *Running seems a little more fluid, and glitchy awkward animations aren't as common. *With saying that, there hasn't been any update to the different running styles. *Derrick Henry and Darren Sproles run the same way. *There is a slight difference in quickness when playing with different players of size, but not enough to make them feel like two different players. *Madden 18 has gotten the closest to this feeling, still a ways away. *I think they're biggest miss is with player builds/likeness. *Simple things like mouth pieces, mid forearm armbands, different chin straps, arm sleeves (took forever to get in the game!) all add to the authenticity of the game. *There are so many high profile players that lack face scans and proper body builds. *Terrell Suggs is a grown *** man in real life, on Madden he has the build of a running back. *Same for Khalil Mack. *These misses, and lack of detail really hinder the game from taking that next step ie. 2K. *With all the other issues i can understand not knowing the correct coding to get a player to fall, catch a ball, or even run correctly. *But, gear and player likeness, thats concrete stuff. *You can miss that and hope someone doesnt notice! When you're the only game you have the luxury of slacking.... Madden you have slacked in all the wrong places and put resources in all the wrong places. *Longshot will not make your game better, should have addressed that next year maybe. *This transition to Frostbite was highly anticipated and from a buyer of Madden since the mid-late 90's I was very disappointed. *In saying that, its the only football game i have, so ill keep playing and hoping next year will be the year!*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 11:02 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

I'm loving m18, it's a little buggy and needs smithing out in some areas but it's a solid patch away from being excellent. I really like the running game B4 the 1st update. Cutback lanes, cutting back against the grain, and using defenders momentum against them were possible for the 1st time in years. I struggled to hold the cpu under 100yds on the ground consistently. Now it's a lot closer to m17.

I hope the just focus on bug fixes, smoothing the game out, and making the game work as they envisioned. Not spend the whole year redesigning the game for whinners & cheesers.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #13
Rookie

PhillyFan22's Arena

I think it is so frustrating this year because of how close they are to a great game. It just all boils down to what I believe is EA's identity crisis, they are trying to balance SIM and on-the-field and arcade/MUT/longshot and it really doesn't work. For example just throw on an NFL game and watch little things like the line play, or the way QBs move in pocket, or even the presentation side of things with the sidelines or commentary. It all is just out of whack. I really think that EA would be better suited to have two games one a arcade MUT style micro transaction game and a NFL Head Coach style game where you can actually play on the field. Until they stop trying to play both sides it will either continue to improve at a crawl or not at all for one side of the fence, which always will be the SIM crowd.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:49 PM   #14
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

A few weeks after release and I'm where I usually stand with the madden franchise. On the sidelines. I genuinely love football more than any other sport and it's not close, but I'd rather do a run through of the Last of Us for my 10th time than play madden and we are only two weeks into the NFL season.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:08 PM   #15
Banned

ncbravesfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
A few weeks after release and I'm where I usually stand with the madden franchise. On the sidelines.

I'm with you. I had high hopes that I would be able to start a franchise and be playing right along with the actual league. But here we are, one more game until week three and my franchise is sitting at week four of the preseason, waiting to advance. Why? Because I'm hoping upon hope that this QB sackfest will be patched and that the bugs within supersim will be fixed soon. Meanwhile, with each passing day, I'm becoming more disillusioned and less interested in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 03:25 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 3

One of my biggest concern is the kicking stats issue. It's only keeping track of certain teams kicking and punting stats in our online CFM. I dont understand how this happens

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »