Home

The Offline CFM Conspiracy

This is a discussion on The Offline CFM Conspiracy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2017, 11:29 AM   #9
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Offline CFM Conspiracy

At this point it is no longer a conspiracy.

The people at EA can say whatever they want, but it is evident by their work that they do not care about offline franchise.

The only added new feature they had this year was Draft Boards. Something that has ZERO effect on an offline franchise.

Madden is building everything towards online play, and that ultimately lead to CCM in Madden 13 which killed offline franchise mode.

Madden needs to wake up and realize that it cannot depend so heavily on online play....

What happens when...

The servers go down?

(heaven forbid) A hurricane hits Florida (specifically Maitland, home of EA Tiburon)?

What happens when their is an online security breach like what happened on the PS3, and users are without online access for almost a month?

Someone lives somewhere without internet? I dealt with this a lot when I deployed or would bounce around for work.

What happens when I snow or rainstorm hits and take out my internet?

What is comes down to is do NOT rely so heavily on online to be the save all or the future of Madden.

Build a solid offline franchise mode, that can be played online. Not the other way around.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:38 AM   #10
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
While you bring up solid, sound and valid points, there is no CFM conspiracy. I warned everybody, and was called out for it and that's fine, that Madden 13 was the beginning of the end of franchise mode as we knew it. That's why I played Madden 12 for 5 years straight. They took away a slew of features, especially player editing. Why? Because they didn't want anyone online cheating with ratings so they scrapped it for offline as well, until they figured it out some 5 years later...

CCM, CFM or whatever you want to call it, was never going to be as EA claimed. The offline and online gaming experience are two different animals and both sides deserve all the features and benefits. Once the company realized they could bring in a continued revenue stream with online play and mut, they focused their attention there.

The offline franchise mode player was left in the dust. For me, it's not about features so much as the poor CPU AI play when playing against the computer and the fact that what features we do have, gameplanning, were poorly implemented.

To be fair, while it took me months to figure out just how to work the current gen sliders, I am still enjoying Madden 17. At least they returned player editing and greatly improved zone coverage. It was their best stab at simulation football ever and I give them a great deal of credit for that.
Madden 12 introduced DPP which worked well and now we have a mess of issues lol. They are milking the cash cow (MUT)
Old 09-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #11
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
At this point it is no longer a conspiracy.

The people at EA can say whatever they want, but it is evident by their work that they do not care about offline franchise.

The only added new feature they had this year was Draft Boards. Something that has ZERO effect on an offline franchise.

Madden is building everything towards online play, and that ultimately lead to CCM in Madden 13 which killed offline franchise mode.

Madden needs to wake up and realize that it cannot depend so heavily on online play....

What happens when...

The servers go down?

(heaven forbid) A hurricane hits Florida (specifically Maitland, home of EA Tiburon)?

What happens when their is an online security breach like what happened on the PS3, and users are without online access for almost a month?

Someone lives somewhere without internet? I dealt with this a lot when I deployed or would bounce around for work.

What happens when I snow or rainstorm hits and take out my internet?

What is comes down to is do NOT rely so heavily on online to be the save all or the future of Madden.

Build a solid offline franchise mode, that can be played online. Not the other way around.
I've read tweets that the offline crowd is only 6% of the customer base, which I don't know where they got that number lol.
However, you bring up some really valid points. Now, my question is, does EA want to lose 6% of it customer base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 06:02 PM   #12
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

There's no conspiracy. What there was is a lack of resources. The resources that would have gone to CFM were used for Longshot and NBA Live. That's all.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:38 AM   #13
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Adding draft boards is cool and all. But I equate it to adding a new pine forest air freshener to a car that has a major oil leak.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:46 AM   #14
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

More and more I'm beginning to feel like us offline CFMers are becoming a dying breed. I'd wager that a significant amount of us are middle-aged (37 here) or at least in early adulthood. We share our ideas on message boards, and many us have been so for over a decade. You know, back when message boards were the primary way of sharing ideas on the internet. Of course social media has blown up since then. Does the younger crown even use message boards anymore (Reddit maybe)? Everyone's communicating on Twitter and Instagram these days, and I'd bet that's where EA is getting most of their feedback.

Last edited by Other Guy; 09-17-2017 at 01:48 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:10 PM   #15
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
More and more I'm beginning to feel like us offline CFMers are becoming a dying breed. I'd wager that a significant amount of us are middle-aged (37 here) or at least in early adulthood. We share our ideas on message boards, and many us have been so for over a decade. You know, back when message boards were the primary way of sharing ideas on the internet. Of course social media has blown up since then. Does the younger crown even use message boards anymore (Reddit maybe)? Everyone's communicating on Twitter and Instagram these days, and I'd bet that's where EA is getting most of their feedback.
I'm 16, probably the youngest dude on this forum, most of y'all seem to be in y'all 30s. I go on twitter and IG all the time, I be on that in class all day. Every time I see people complaining to Rex about Madden on there, if it's a gameplay element they're complaining about, and not a glitch, it's almost always something that I look like at and think "What's the problem? That's realistic". Most of my boys the same way. I only know a couple guys my age who like playing franchise modes and want a realistic game.

I like the arcade stuff when it's local multiplayer, but I also like playing a realistic franchise that's my own universe. It's why I came back to NCAA 14, and why I kept going back to M12 for like 4 years. But like you said, Madden does not cater to us.

CFM, and really Madden in general, are boring now.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 01:30 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
There's no conspiracy. What there was is a lack of resources. The resources that would have gone to CFM were used for Longshot and NBA Live. That's all.
Really..? And where will the resources go next year, What excuse can you make for them in advance. If you believe that the resources will go to CFM.. I'd like to sell you some property in FLA. Every year we are told that they are going to improve CFM and every year they come up with another excuse. I predict M19 will be all about the new version of Long Shot story mode and MUT. From now on, It's going to be all about OL. It's almost like Political promises. Promise us anything we want to hear, get our vote and then do the exact opposite. Then make an excuse and say Wait till next year,. Same ole song and dance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »