Home

Team Goals - How are they determined?

This is a discussion on Team Goals - How are they determined? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2017, 02:09 AM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Team Goals - How are they determined?

I think the player type determine's a player's season goal.

Also, this might be outdated knowledge, but I seem to remember that in Madden 13 a player's season goal was locked once Regular Season Week 1 started, regardless if you changed his position and player type after that point. Season goal meant a helluva lot more in M13 than it does now, though.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:48 AM   #10
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I think the player type determine's a player's season goal.

Also, this might be outdated knowledge, but I seem to remember that in Madden 13 a player's season goal was locked once Regular Season Week 1 started, regardless if you changed his position and player type after that point. Season goal meant a helluva lot more in M13 than it does now, though.
I've changed the player's types and coaching schemes and simmed ahead to the next season and the player goals remain the same. It appears to be directly linked to the coach's schemes when the CFM is started. You can change schemes afterwards to suit your players, but the team/player goals will remain forever unchanged. At least for a created HC. Using an existing HC may allow you change schemes. I'll try that tomorrow.

I swore this issue was fixed when I tested soon after the game released but now I don't remember what I did while testing for this issue. This always bothered me in M15.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #11
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Has anyone been able to start a CFM with a created HC and had the initial schemes not be 'West Coast' and 'Attacking 4-3'? Still haven't found a way to change that with a created HC.

I tried using Doug Pederson as the starting HC and started in the pre-season. Switched up all the position schemes and coaching scheme to fit the 'Attacking 3-4'. Switched my OLB from balanced to 3-4 Pass Rusher. Simmed to regular season and the team goals did not change. At that point I tried retiring Doug and using a created HC and again it reset the schemes back to WC and Attacking 43.

Seems we are locked in no matter what to those. Bummer. At least for the Eagles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 12:39 PM   #12
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Re: Team Goals (HC Schemes) - How are they determined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
They are detetmined by an *******.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
The team goals are just horrible. I could have sworn a Madden Dev said they would be more realistic this year but that apparently is not the case. I don't understand why the goal for a rookie running back would be 1500 rushing yards or my rookie DB needing 7 ints or my favorite, knockdowns which aren't even tracked properly. Not to mention the fact that the stats for some of these goals don't even display correctly. I have db's with 2 ints but you look at their goals and it says they have 7.

Yet another broken piece to a terrible functioning mode.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:17 AM   #13
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

At this point I would prefer to manually select each player or position group team goal for an xp/conference risk reward situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 10-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #14
Pro

Devaster's Arena

I gave up on it. There appears to be no way to set it properly without using an existing HC. Which means I can't change my Eagles' team goals to a 3-4 defense until an existing 3-4 coach would be available to sign.

Another weird thing is it shows my Eagles team as a 4-3 defense when doing the defenders intro during games, even though I set it as a 3-4 defensive scheme.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #15
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Some of these goals are absurd. For all of my starting o-line to reach theirs, my offense needs to pass for 4800 yards and rush for 2300, and they expect my rookie CB to get 7 INTs. I'd like to see the game keep some advanced stats and use them for goals.
I agree the goals don't make any sense sometimes, but you want it to be easier to gain XP?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
I agree the goals don't make any sense sometimes, but you want it to be easier to gain XP?
It's not that I want it to be easier, I just want more thought put in to them. I have no desire to pass so much that my QB puts up 4800 yards, but now I have to if I want my LT to meet his season goal. Besides, if I do pass for 4800 yards butmy LT is constantly giving up pressure, does he really deserve the XP?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »