Home

Madden Draft/ Scouting Overhaul

This is a discussion on Madden Draft/ Scouting Overhaul within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2017, 08:59 PM   #17
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Draft/ Scouting Overhaul

Hell of a post Toupal. Great read and we can only hope EA Tiburon reads this and gets "inspired".

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-05-2017, 09:22 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

If they were going to overhaul scouting, I'd like to see them leave the option of also using the current system. The current system is pretty easy and they talk about wanting to make CFM accessible to new players, so give the option to use the current system for the people that view scouting and the draft as a chore. The more options the better
Old 10-05-2017, 09:42 PM   #19
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
They could. I mean Longshot had a few college teams. They'd have to pay for the rights but if they could find other creative ways to use those rights (here's looking at you MUT) that could be worth it.

I imagine they paid Texas and Oregon so if they are going to pay every school to use their jersey in these scouting slides then they might as well go all the way and make a college game. I have no problem with generic jerseys used for their draft profile though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-05-2017, 09:45 PM   #20
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
Problem is that they won’t have the ability to put those college uniforms into the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The beauty of this is, is that they actually can. As we saw this year, they were able to add Oregon and Texas because they worked a deal with those schools.

A few years ago after EA lost the NCAA license, they went to each individual school, conference, and bowl games to gain the rights.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea.../1100-6411751/

Unfortunately it never came through, but we know it is possible, and we have seen it implemented.

They may not be able to get every school, but with how excited people were for Oregon and Texas in Madden 18, it would only make sense to expand upon that.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:50 PM   #21
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
If they were going to overhaul scouting, I'd like to see them leave the option of also using the current system. The current system is pretty easy and they talk about wanting to make CFM accessible to new players, so give the option to use the current system for the people that view scouting and the draft as a chore. The more options the better
I can respect the hell out of that.

We need to cater to both the new and experienced players. We can't use the new players as a crutch to not add more advanced features.

So why not make both happy, and give us the in-depth features that the experienced players want, while giving the new players the "simple" option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 11:30 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

There's a lot of good stuff here. On a similar note, it would be great if they'd build in some sort of body evolution algorithm, so skinny college players can build up bulk to withstand NFL beatings better, so a few "undisciplined" players get out of shape and regress faster, defensive front 7 players can bulk up or trim down when changing schemes, etc.

If they expand the front office staffing/scouting department, I'd love to see them add a pro scout for finding those hidden gems on waivers and practice squads, as well as influencing your weekly game plans based on your scout's assessment of your current opponent.

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »