Home

WR drops on Sim mode All Madden

This is a discussion on WR drops on Sim mode All Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2017, 03:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: WR drops on Sim mode All Madden

I'm on sim AM. Have boosted catch to 70 and still seeing lots of drops, mostly from any kind of contact. Like catch pass, take two steps, drop it when tackled.

At least the cpu drops some too...
Old 12-05-2017, 03:45 PM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I haven't had any issues with an unreasonable amount of drops, playing on All-Pro default and Simulation style.

My guess is that you're throwing into too tight of windows if your receivers are constantly attempting catches while in contact with a defender. It is also well-known that All Madden juices CPU ratings, so throwing passes to open areas and avoiding contact is going to be even more important on that skill level.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:04 PM   #11
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I always hold the cover the ball mechanic after a catch.

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 02:54 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 6

Haven’t checked, but are wr carry ratings low. If so, raise them into the 75-85 range and see if that improves it.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:22 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I haven't had any issues with an unreasonable amount of drops, playing on All-Pro default and Simulation style.

My guess is that you're throwing into too tight of windows if your receivers are constantly attempting catches while in contact with a defender. It is also well-known that All Madden juices CPU ratings, so throwing passes to open areas and avoiding contact is going to be even more important on that skill level.

Nah its easy catches with AB, JuJu and Reed, like im talking catch, take 2 steps and defender just wraps him or hits him in leg and stumbles a tiny bit=ball dropped

AB is the highest rated receiver in game and drops 2 per game its definitely a sim issue because it isn't an issue in MUT or offline on arcade
Old 12-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #14
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinersFan49
I'm on sim AM. Have boosted catch to 70 and still seeing lots of drops, mostly from any kind of contact. Like catch pass, take two steps, drop it when tackled.

At least the cpu drops some too...
Me too at 65 WR Catch (All-Madden Sim mode) I usually have 7 or 8 drops in my box score.

I play as the Pat's and near the end of the season my team has 112 drops, lol.... 112!

Sometimes in one game Gronkowski will often have 3-4 drops just on his own since I often throw to him in traffic. If he even gets breathed on the wrong way he drops it.

The CPU teams I play will only have 2-3 a game.

When I play All-Pro my guys never drop. But on All-Pro I win every game, so I got back to All-Madden for a challenge and just accept the ridicuous drops and reversed pass block slider.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Oddly a lot of the cpu drops I'm seeing look to be strategic. I see a lot near the end of games when the cpu is fighting the clock. If it checks down they seem to drop it on purpose and trade the short gain for stopping the clock.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2017, 04:04 PM   #16
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

I have mine set at 80 and still get those drops. Where you throw it in the middle of the field and your guy makes a realistic catch but then the cpu makes some Superman animation tackle and he drops it.

Seems speed is the only thing that matters in this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »