Home

BUILDING A BETTER MOUSE TRAP

This is a discussion on BUILDING A BETTER MOUSE TRAP within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2017, 12:07 AM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2005
BETTER OL PLAY (BUILDING A BETTER MOUSE TRAP)

12/16/17 Update: I've been testing out something that appears to greatly improve gameplay throughout (offense & defense) related to the HIGH MOTOR trait. Before releasing my info I want to see a little more. Once I'm confident I have found something, I'll create a thread within the slider forum. I hope to put something out tomorrow.

Thanks to all who have checked in and I hope you found something useful.

INTRO
Spoiler

NOTE: I like to give credit where credit is due. Unfortunately this doesnít always happen, not because I don not wish to, but because I cannot recall the source. If you see something within that you believe came from you (it may very well may have) please by all means send me a PM along with a link to where you presented the idea and I will make an edit giving you credit. If you did the work, you should definitely get the credit.

Big influences and sources of information have been first and foremost khaliib (I recommend reading his posts), JoshC, KingV2k3 and many others. Thank you for sharing your passion and knowledge.

TESTING:
Spoiler

Theory & Goal

Spoiler

GOAL #1 improve OL/DL interaction:
Spoiler

GOAL #2 improve pass defense (both man and zone):

Having been a DB in college and in the Marines, this are is of particular interest. More to come on this with some very good findings, albeit time consuming edits. Iím still looking for a possible quick fix as with OL blocking and High Motor.

It is my hope that everyone that takes the time to read this thread will learn something, be able to contribute something and enjoy the journey. Thanks for reading and happy ďMaddeningĒ!

Last edited by mpd3892; 12-16-2017 at 06:51 PM. Reason: 12/16/2017 Update
mpd3892 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2017, 06:28 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2005
Re: BUILDING A BETTER MOUSE TRAP

Please check out my new thread over in the Slider Section for an update to my thoughts on the HIGH MOTOR trait.
mpd3892 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:56 PM   #3
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: BUILDING A BETTER MOUSE TRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Please check out my new thread over in the Slider Section for an update to my thoughts on the HIGH MOTOR trait.
Try turning up offsides to 65 or so. This really boosts the dline and they block shed better for interactions. Now thereíll be adjustments to make with blocking so there arenít too many sacks or TFLs. Maybe youíre high motor theory helps in this regard to blocking. Ill have to try it out.

Turning all recievers and ball carriers, minus qb, to never on covers the ball, really opens the game up. Wondering if itíll do the same if you change this trait for all players?
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:29 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2005
Re: BUILDING A BETTER MOUSE TRAP

Thanks tommycoa.

I want to stay away from slider adjustments. I believe that its a house of cards. Adjust one to gain a specific outcome and it leads to unintended consequences elsewhere.

The thing I've found with roster edits is that you can make edits to get a desired outcome and it doesn't have a negative affect elsewhere.

I really like your idea of adjusting the ball carrying trait. No doubt the setting of this trait can affect gameplay. It makes sense.

Traits just might be the key to unlocking the game!
mpd3892 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:43 PM   #5
Let's Go Brandon!
 
Milticket's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,050
Re: BUILDING A BETTER MOUSE TRAP

One of the rosters I made I raised everyones awarness to 100. I really enjoyed the results.
__________________
Playing:
Madden 22 - Modded (PC)
Madden 22 Next Gen (XSX)
Ori & The Blind Forest (XSX)
Metro Exodus (PS5)

"Players make the NFL money, not the coaches. It's not a 2-way street, follow the bread crumbs."
Milticket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2017, 10:40 PM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2005
Re: BUILDING A BETTER MOUSE TRAP

Khaliib suggested doing this as well. I gave it a try and it did seem to work well. My concern was how it would impact CFM actions (FA, draft, etc). I didn't want to have to raise and lower it every time I played a game.
mpd3892 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:03 PM   #7
Let's Go Brandon!
 
Milticket's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,050
Re: BUILDING A BETTER MOUSE TRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Khaliib suggested doing this as well. I gave it a try and it did seem to work well. My concern was how it would impact CFM actions (FA, draft, etc). I didn't want to have to raise and lower it every time I played a game.

Yeah, i just always left it after I edited it. The game isnt dynamic enough with traits and ratings. Way to basic and cookie cutter. I wish you luck man, I like the thread. At the end of the day it wasnt worth my time and effort editing rosters when EA will just swoop in and release a patch and break something.
__________________
Playing:
Madden 22 - Modded (PC)
Madden 22 Next Gen (XSX)
Ori & The Blind Forest (XSX)
Metro Exodus (PS5)

"Players make the NFL money, not the coaches. It's not a 2-way street, follow the bread crumbs."
Milticket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:01 AM   #8
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: BETTER OL PLAY (BUILDING A BETTER MOUSE TRAP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
12/16/17 Update: I've been testing out something that appears to greatly improve gameplay throughout (offense & defense) related to the HIGH MOTOR trait. Before releasing my info I want to see a little more. Once I'm confident I have found something, I'll create a thread within the slider forum. I hope to put something out tomorrow.

Thanks to all who have checked in and I hope you found something useful.

INTRO
Spoiler

NOTE: I like to give credit where credit is due. Unfortunately this doesnít always happen, not because I don not wish to, but because I cannot recall the source. If you see something within that you believe came from you (it may very well may have) please by all means send me a PM along with a link to where you presented the idea and I will make an edit giving you credit. If you did the work, you should definitely get the credit.

Big influences and sources of information have been first and foremost khaliib (I recommend reading his posts), JoshC, KingV2k3 and many others. Thank you for sharing your passion and knowledge.

TESTING:
Spoiler

Theory & Goal

Spoiler

GOAL #1 improve OL/DL interaction:
Spoiler

GOAL #2 improve pass defense (both man and zone):

Having been a DB in college and in the Marines, this are is of particular interest. More to come on this with some very good findings, albeit time consuming edits. Iím still looking for a possible quick fix as with OL blocking and High Motor.

It is my hope that everyone that takes the time to read this thread will learn something, be able to contribute something and enjoy the journey. Thanks for reading and happy ďMaddeningĒ!
What about run blocking? How does this effect run blocks, especially on tosses, for example, where too often the linemen will run right past the guy they are supposed to block?
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 AM.

Top -