Home

Playing Cornerback

This is a discussion on Playing Cornerback within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2018, 11:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Playing Cornerback

Does anybody play this position? I’m in my 4th season, big INT numbers through year 1-3 and now rated 99 ovr. Other corner on the field is also a 99. My problem is the only way they throw to my coverage is if I “bait” the qb with preposterous coverage, but they will throw at the other DB when the coverage is air tight. Thinking about changing the gameplan to shadow the best wide receiver and starting over thinking maybe they will throw at that wide receiver more often? Has anyone tried this tactic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 01:17 AM   #2
Just started!

Re: Playing Cornerback

I used to love playing CB back in 07-10 but then the QBs just started ignoring my side completely without insane baiting and it got a little boring.

I’m curious to see if there are some kind of sliders or settings to make playing CB fun again

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-13-2018, 10:23 AM   #3
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

My problem with baiting the QB with bad coverage is when it stops being a bait tactic and is actually just bad coverage... That happens to me more than I'd care to admit, as I've never considered myself to have elite stick skills. I did manage a few nice user picks over the course of a season where I spent a lot of time controlling my rookie CB2 in an effort to offset his lowly AWR rating. But I do agree with your impression, it felt like the AI avoided areas downfield where a user controlled DB was lurking. I eventually moved to MLB for my user control, partrolling the mid zone and acting as a QB spy... that seemed to help open up the downfield throws for the CPU QB.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Ya it has gotten a little out of control. I went 22,20,18 in ints year 1-3 (obviously absurd numbers). Year 4 they won’t even throw my way even with a 99 ovr corner on the other side. No matter how hard I try to “bait” a pass it’s not happening. Was a 99 ovr in year 3 and there wasn’t an issue of getting thrown at. Just hate that the AI will force passes everywhere but at a user controlled DB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »