Home

What's the future of Ratings in Madden?

This is a discussion on What's the future of Ratings in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2018, 12:45 PM   #33
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's the future of Ratings in Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Both the patriots and giants have openly stated publicly they use them.. but most NFL front offices etc are notoriously secretive about their information..hence the present clamour over data sharing of next gen stats and the reluctance to allow all 22 film to be made public

But by all means bury your head in the sand and deny a truth if you wish
I will. When they start getting rid of their scouts and when they stop signing free agents that dont work out then I'll start to believe PFF matters as much as they say. Til then, free agents are still not working out for some teams and some are that PFF said werent that good, and teams still have their scouting staffs.
PFF shows you're QB Kirk Cousins is an average QB but some team is going to sign him to a 150 million deal. I guess that will be the two team that don't care about PFF? He will be a Jet or Bronco.

PFF also gave Russell Okung bad grades yet the Chargers signed him anyways, for over 50 million, who PFF then came out and said that was a failed signing... and Okung was a probowler this year. Hmm.......

Last edited by Rayzaa; 02-22-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #34
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
I will. When they start getting rid of their scouts and when they stop signing free agents that dont work out then I'll start to believe PFF matters as much as they say. Til then, free agents are still not working it for some teams and they still have their scouting staffs.
PFF shows you're QB Kirk Cousins is an average QB but some team is going to sign him to a 150 million deal. I guess that will be the team that don't care about PFF? He will be a Jet or Bronco.
PFF also have Russell Okung bad grades yet the Chargers signed him anyways for over 50 million and he was a probowler this year. Hmm.......

Subscribing to and using data from are a totally different fish from using that information as your be all and end all bible of all things football

And as stated in my original post the data PFF gives needs proper interpretation not just blind adherence to total grades

The two players you single out are average players but play at positions where PFF would probably say being average ( as opposed to at rock bottom) would be significant upgrades for the teams mentioned ..getting a top 5 QB or LT out side of a blue chip draft pick that pans out is pretty hard so upgrading to average is money well spent for a lot of teams
Old 02-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #35
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Subscribing to and using data from are a totally different fish from using that information as your be all and end all bible of all things football

And as stated in my original post the data PFF gives needs proper interpretation not just blind adherence to total grades

The two players you single out are average players but play at positions where PFF would probably say being average ( as opposed to at rock bottom) would be significant upgrades for the teams mentioned ..getting a top 5 QB or LT out side of a blue chip draft pick that pans out is pretty hard so upgrading to average is money well spent for a lot of teams
Okung was an upgrade but it wasnt apparent when it happened since they gave the Chargers a fail for signing him,... but making the probowl isnt being average. There are 32 starting LTs. And i can keep going, i just used two examples. There are more. Like I said, they cant and dont figure in the human element. Those grades dont account for somebody playing injured for one thing.

I know PFF for many is the bible to stats and players but stats are always an overrated thing and again, PFF has some useless stats IMO.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 02-22-2018 at 01:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 01:33 PM   #36
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Okung was an upgrade but it wasnt apparent when it happened since they gave the Chargers a fail for signing him,... but making the probowl isnt being average. There are 32 starting LTs. And i can keep going, i just used two examples. There are more. Like I said, they cant and dont figure in the human element. Those grades dont account for somebody playing injured for one thing.

I know PFF for many is the bible to stats and players but stats are always an overrated thing and again, PFF has some useless stats IMO.
I stated the injury/ strength of opposition problems as flaws which require interpretation in my original post but you've totally lost me if you consider pro bowl voting as a reliable way of grading players

Outside of Joe thomas( was on IR) I'm hard pressed to think of an AFC team with a top tier LT anyway though ( PFF had Okung ranked at #30 OT ) so maybe he was the most famous guy left

Anyway this discussion is derailing this thread so I'm done

Last edited by briz1046; 02-22-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:57 PM   #37
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
I stated the injury/ strength of opposition problems as flaws which require interpretation in my original post but you've totally lost me if you consider pro bowl voting as a reliable way of grading players

Outside of Joe thomas( was on IR) I'm hard pressed to think of an AFC team with a top tier LT anyway though ( PFF had Okung ranked at #30 OT ) so maybe he was the most famous guy left

Anyway this discussion is derailing this thread so I'm done
Furtunately PFF doesnt have the say of who goes to a probowl. Actual football people do. Agree though, this should end. Im just saying PFF is an over rated site run by guys that never played football from another country.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #38
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Furtunately PFF doesnt have the say of who goes to a probowl. Actual football people do. Agree though, this should end. Im just saying PFF is an over rated site run by guys that never played football from another country.
Chris Collingsworth .. the colour analyst and ex Bengal owns PFF ..it's now based in Cincinnati ....and pro bowl voting is open to anybody. ..even my mum can vote ...but let's not let facts interfere with your opinions

Last edited by briz1046; 02-22-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:17 PM   #39
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Chris Collingsworth .. the colour analyst and ex Bengal owns PFF ..it's now based in Cincinnati ....and pro bowl voting is open to anybody. ..even my mum can vote ...but let's not let facts interfere with your opinions
Collins worth must have bought the other guys out this year and who cares anyways. He didn't start it and doesn't contribute. They have dudes from all over working at home. It was started by some guys in the UK. And fans don't say who replaces others for the probowl.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 02-22-2018 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:33 PM   #40
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Collins worth must have bought the other guys out this year and who cares anyways. He didn't start it and doesn't contribute. They have dudes from all over working at home. It was started by some guys in the UK. And fans don't say who replaces others for the probowl.

Collingsworth bought it some time ago ...and has been using their data before that in the broadcast booth but yes it was started in the UK and retains many if it's UK people ..though now based in Cincinnati and employing probably mainly American staff
Where they cone from though shouldn't make any difference unless your so xenophobic you think only an American can understand the NFL

And from listening to podcasts it would seem Collingsworth is far from being a hands-off boss, but rather heavily involved and invested in the business
But you've already made your mind up that they are worthless and ill-informed nobodies with nothing to contribute so let's just leave it and you can keep your closed mind intact

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »