Home

Bended knees has got to go!

This is a discussion on Bended knees has got to go! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 09:08 PM   #97
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bended knees has got to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
If I read it correctly several pages back, Roadman may have deleted that tweet. It's most likely not going to get fixed. And unfortunately, I don't do twitter, facebook, snapchat, or whatever social media platform is in vogue.

The "it's an older build" argument usually refers to AI issues and some graphical concerns, but I highly doubt our complaint about these knees are going to be fixed. I would probably have a better chance at winning if I bet on the Cleveland Browns or Miami Dolphins to win the Superbowl.

NBA Live 19, Fifa 19 both have this issue as well. Fifa19 isn't as bad as Live19 and Madden. I'll consider buying Madden when this issue is fixed. My football fix comes on Sundays.
I am starting to think with luck it will be fixed with the first Madden for next gen consoles PS5 and X Box.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:10 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 7

Guys we expect too much from EA. They are certainly aware of the bent knee issue. It’s just not a priority. The best way I’ve learned to enjoy a product made by EA is not to expect much, Wait a few months for the patches, and buy at a discount.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:05 AM   #99
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
Guys we expect too much from EA. They are certainly aware of the bent knee issue. It’s just not a priority. The best way I’ve learned to enjoy a product made by EA is not to expect much, Wait a few months for the patches, and buy at a discount.

We expect too much because we are paying for it. We want the best because it’s coming from our hard earned money. If it’s a free to play game I’d understand but if I’m paying $60 or even if it’s on sale for $30-40 I still want it to look good because I’m paying it out of my pockets, it sucks that it’s the only NFL game so I don’t have options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2018, 07:07 AM   #100
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

A picture of me and my teammates with no Bent knees. Its very minor as far as the overall gameplay package to me.
I'm far too concerned with getting the CPU Cam Newton to replicate his true to life play style rather damn looking at his knees in the pocket and saying they are to crouchedFB_IMG_1529232671753.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 06-17-2018, 03:55 PM   #101
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Shocked to see a player standing with straight legs (player #37). The mystical unicorn makes it's first (and likely last) appearance. In other words, it's possibly quite possible for Madden/EA to get it implemented, but not sure what's the hold up. Note: If you notice teammate #31 to the left of the screen still has the bent leg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
Curious: Are you sure they're aware of it? Have they actually made a note of it, somewhere?

Perspective - something small may be insignificant to others, but if it's something that is bothersome to the user, I don't think the user should overlook it.

Secondly, it's not really "expecting too much of EA." It's more about expecting EA to get the general basics of "walking/standing straight" animated properly. Expecting EA to get each and every single player's individual signature animation would be expecting too much.

Side remark: Biomechanics - Movement; Pitching motion for MLB the Show pitchers do not replicate proper biomechanics which is why I completely stopped playing the game (other issues include throwing motion, diving motion, running motion, etc.) My last MLB the Show purchase was back in 2016, and will be my last one until the developers fix their animations' biomechanics.

Spoiler
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 06-17-2018 at 04:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2018, 04:37 PM   #102
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
We expect too much because we are paying for it. We want the best because it’s coming from our hard earned money. If it’s a free to play game I’d understand but if I’m paying $60 or even if it’s on sale for $30-40 I still want it to look good because I’m paying it out of my pockets, it sucks that it’s the only NFL game so I don’t have options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he has a defeatist attitude towards EA fixing things. Can't say he's wrong for that ideology. You can have baby and the kid could go to college before they get certain things right(see challenge system).
Old 06-17-2018, 11:43 PM   #103
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

...For those that do care ....

While watching gameplay footage, I also forgot to mention that improper limb position also affects the receivers starting position. The following is another example where leg extension unfortunately isn't well respected.

Real receivers either have their front lower leg (shin) pointed vertical straight down or slanted forward. Not just an aesthetic thing, but it affects the power off the blocks. Madden has their receivers lower leg slanted backwards. Replicating human athletic movement should take into account proper limb position because limb position goes hand in hand with how an athletic action is performed. It's not simply for "looks." There's a reason why limbs are naturally positioned a "certain way". There's a method to the body's madness.

Spoiler
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 06-18-2018 at 12:54 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:37 PM   #104
MVP

Bended knees has got to go!

One animation I hate is that deep squat quarterbacks on some throws. I think the bended knees just make that worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by jmarcguy; 06-20-2018 at 04:03 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »