Home

Madden 19: PC or Console?

This is a discussion on Madden 19: PC or Console? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which platform will you purchase M19 for?
PC 149 66.52%
Console 75 33.48%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 04:13 PM   #305
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19: PC or Console?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Lol I play on 4K and hit over 150+ FPS
Lol no, you don't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 04:15 PM   #306
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Lol I play on 4K and hit over 150+ FPS

So yeah. He is. Can you move on? Please. Who cares if we think PC is better? You don’t have to go into every thread to bash those who do. Dear god.

You're using a 1080, right? I only went with the 1070ti so I'd sit between 90-110ish at 4k. I go with 1440p so that I am practically constantly above 110. That seems to be my sweet spot to where anything further I don't notice as much so it's gravy.

― Plato
Old 07-25-2018, 04:15 PM   #307
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I have the same choice and I'm just buying it on both

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
You think we'd get cross platform saves?

I don't even care about cross platform multiplayer lol

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-25-2018, 04:16 PM   #308
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If you're big into MUT I'd say console is a better choice for you. I'm an offline guy, so I'll be picking PC to get the sweet resolution + smooth frames. If I was any bit of a competitive online guy I'd go console.
Very true. Good point. I'm actually willing to leave my friends behind on Xbox and get it for PC lmbo

Old 07-25-2018, 04:18 PM   #309
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

Quote:
Believe what you want. We've done this same song and dance before with your Forza 7 claims. You don't need a 70" screen 5 inches from you to notice the difference is AA methods and you definitely don't need one to see the difference in 60fps versus 165fps. I'm done with the conversation at this point. You cannot ever be convinced you are wrong despite any damning evidence provided, so I am out. We've tried this twice and you refuse to admit there is a difference despite your own source stating there is.
This is just a lack of understanding of what anti-aliasing is or does. You can achieve literally the same thing by increasing pixel density that you can by using a better anti-aliasing method. Beyond a certain level of pixel density, differences in AA are not at all noticeable unless you zoom in to a great degree in a specific area, like DF does in their reviews, or you are sitting 5 inches away form a 70 inch screen. Indeed, beyond an even greater level of pixel density, AA wouldn't even be required. I already posted an explanation from DF about this, but unsurprisingly, you chose to brush it aside.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:19 PM   #310
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
You think we'd get cross platform saves?

I don't even care about cross platform multiplayer lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Very true. Good point. I'm actually willing to leave my friends behind on Xbox and get it for PC lmbo

I highly highly doubt cross platform saves will ever make it in in the foreseeable future.

I've heard stories about the online play for Fifa on the PC and it doesn't sound pretty. Not as lively as consoles, if you alt-tab out or try to bring up an overlay it sometimes auto-kicks you from the match thinking you're tampering with the game. Hackers are sometimes an issue as it seems EA is reactive and not proactive in that regard.

I have no experience in that as I just play my career with Atlanta United and nothing else.

― Plato
Old 07-25-2018, 04:25 PM   #311
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
You're using a 1080, right? I only went with the 1070ti so I'd sit between 90-110ish at 4k. I go with 1440p so that I am practically constantly above 110. That seems to be my sweet spot to where anything further I don't notice as much so it's gravy.
This was supposed to say 120+. I’ll have to double check what my settings are. I had to turn on Vsync because my screen is 60hz and I was getting tears due to the high frame rate.

FIFA is so well optimized for the PC.

Everyone just ignore the other guy.. maybe if we ignore him, he’ll go away, nothing to troll if no one pays attention.

Edit:: He can believe what he wants. I’m done with it.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 07-25-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 04:34 PM   #312
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
That was supposed to say 120+. I’ll have to double check what my settings are. I had to turn on Vsync because my screen is 60hz and I was getting tears due to the high frame rate.

FIFA is so well optimized for the PC.

Everyone just ignore the other guy.. maybe if we ignore him, he’ll go away, nothing to troll if no one pays attention.

I thought maybe you had hit the lottery and were getting 150+ somehow, haha. It is an amazingly optimized game, though, and is what makes me feel comfortable about Madden's launch. The Frostbite engine is a great engine.

You definitely have to use VSync on a screen like that, though. Whenever I switch to my TV I have to make sure VSync is enabled because there is a lot of tearing and a tad bit of stuttering otherwise. On my monitor, though, there is never stuttering or tearing thanks to GSync. I am beyond excited to see some Madden at 100+ frames. I've reached a point where I am spoiled and sub 60 frames irritates me. It used to be 10+ years ago I thought playing games at 30 fps was fine, then technology progressed and I spoiled myself with it and now even a stable 60 can feel off, especially after playing an hour of Rocket League where it's 200+ 90% of the time.

That's another topic, though.

― Plato
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »