Home

Ground Up Rebuild for Next Gen?

This is a discussion on Ground Up Rebuild for Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2018, 06:52 PM   #17
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Ground Up Rebuild for Next Gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
But the X isn't a new generation of consoles. It falls in line with being apart of the original Xbox One.
Which is ever better because it is a more powerful console that you don't have to buy new games, controllers, headsets for. What exactly are people looking forward to with these new consoles that we dont have now? ) Other than to say wow fancy new thing!

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-18-2018, 07:38 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

NEWS FLASH!!! The Madden we have been playing since PS2 is the Madden you are playing today and will be the Madden you will be playing til you die. Sorry to inform you of this but it is the truth period. They will tell you it rebuilt from the ground talk about a new engine or a new engine for running, tackling ect... but when you pick up the controller Madden 05 comes into view.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:09 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Which is ever better because it is a more powerful console that you don't have to buy new games, controllers, headsets for. What exactly are people looking forward to with these new consoles that we dont have now? ) Other than to say wow fancy new thing!

Well, GPU technology is expected to take a nice leap this year. The way the tech has been progressing the last 5 or so years I'm sure by 2020 it'll take another nice step forward. There's even talk about GPUs taking on some of the AI load and progressing AI further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
NEWS FLASH!!! The Madden we have been playing since PS2 is the Madden you are playing today and will be the Madden you will be playing til you die. Sorry to inform you of this but it is the truth period. They will tell you it rebuilt from the ground talk about a new engine or a new engine for running, tackling ect... but when you pick up the controller Madden 05 comes into view.

I wish this were true. Madden 05 had a lot better locomotion and a deeper franchise.

― Plato
Old 06-18-2018, 09:08 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0

EA finally has the franchise back on the right track (improving year over year) after it was nearly destroyed when the 360/PS3 debuted. M09-M15 were awful games and these lost 7 years are the main reason the game lags behind in so many elements. The gameplay was degraded to the point that shoring it up had to take precedence over anything else.

M17 and M18 have taken great strides. I'm very excited by what I've seen in the game play footage we've seen so far for M19. I know full well that it's going to take a patch or two, so the game won't really be finished until a few months after release, but RPM and the new match coverage concepts are going to be game changers, imo. Stock play calls are going to make coverage adjustments for us that were either impossible or required so many adjustments that they would be difficult to pull off consistently.

The match coverages are also going to add an enormous amount of realism to how the game plays. Cover 4 has always been portrayed in Madden as some sort of pseudo-prevent when in reality it's an incredibly flexible defense that you can build an entire scheme around.

One problem that has always been persistent in Madden is that deep zones who don't get threatened would just keep dropping back and take themselves out of the play. Your only remedy as a player when you are getting killed underneath is to take them out of that deep zone and risk giving up the big play. If the match coverages work as they should these players will now go looking for work on underneath routes based on the offensive concept, but they will still cover deep when they need to.

My biggest worry is how steep the learning curve is going to be steep for a lot of players who know Madden, but don't really know what Palms or Mabel coverage mean. I really hope the drills/tutorials are up to snuff.

I'm also optimistic that the new player development system will improve franchise by making it harder for the human player to progress their team. Custom draft classes can render moot any issues the game may have with the distribution of ability and archetypes in the draft, which will be the #1 determinant as to how well the feature plays, imo. If the human isn't forced into frequently drafting players who aren't perfect fits, and thus are hard to develop, then game will be too easy.

If it all works the way I'm hoping you're going to see more draft busts and/or players who are good enough to play only 1-2 seasons, but then a combination of poor fit and poor/mediocre performance lead to regression which necessitates the need to move on. This is pretty much how it works in the current NFL. Rosters have gotten much younger since the rookie wage scale was put in place as only very good players are now worth signing to a second contract because rookies are so cheap.

I'm sure the system won't be perfect, but anything has to be better than the status quo where your early picks always become good starters and you can cherry pick all the best players from the late rounds because you know who they are and can take them a round or two ahead of their projection.

If you expect perfection you will always be disappointed. If you expect picayune details to get lots of attention you will probably always be disappointed because those things aren't going to sell enough extra copies so you can't really justify the time or expense, even if it's modest. Since the game is being released on PC mods should offer an option to those who value the minor cosmetic stuff highly.

The game is on a good path, imo, and I don't want EA to take the risk of putting out another entire generation of worthless games because they decided to blow things up for no good reason.

Last edited by stinkubus; 06-18-2018 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:39 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Is RPM really worse than 05 locomotion?

I'm asking because I think RPM looks good at it's current 40% state.

Heck, I've seen mostly positive vibes with RPM for the most part.

Last edited by roadman; 06-18-2018 at 09:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 09:53 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Is RPM really worse than 05 locomotion?

I'm asking because I think RPM looks good at it's current 40% state.

Heck, I've seen mostly positive vibes with RPM for the most part.

How many years have we all been here watching this cycle? More often than not what we're seeing now is hardly going to be different from what we see when we play the game. It's hard to tell how much of a change RPM is. Obviously locomotion is a thing you can get a better idea about with the controller in your hands, but EA needs to do a better job of showing the new locomotion off. A sizzle trailer does nothing.

Do they believe their audience is too dumb or impatient to watch videos showing side by side comparisons of the old locomotion compared to RPM? Other sports games do comparisons often. EA never ever shows any sort of comparison, it's always trust us, it is different this year. Half of the time it is not.

If they wanted us to see how big of a change RPM was they could literally sit here and show the same running play ran 10 times in 18 then 19. Then a few passing plays done the same. They state that you can't user with a safety or LB anymore and take away most of the field. Show a video proving that.

― Plato
Old 06-18-2018, 09:54 PM   #23
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

there are 2 unlicensed football games coming out this year maximum football and axis football https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQh...j2_964MKbJqUlQ more info on this guy channel
Old 06-18-2018, 10:08 PM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
How many years have we all been here watching this cycle? More often than not what we're seeing now is hardly going to be different from what we see when we play the game. It's hard to tell how much of a change RPM is. Obviously locomotion is a thing you can get a better idea about with the controller in your hands, but EA needs to do a better job of showing the new locomotion off. A sizzle trailer does nothing.

Do they believe their audience is too dumb or impatient to watch videos showing side by side comparisons of the old locomotion compared to RPM? Other sports games do comparisons often. EA never ever shows any sort of comparison, it's always trust us, it is different this year. Half of the time it is not.

If they wanted us to see how big of a change RPM was they could literally sit here and show the same running play ran 10 times in 18 then 19. Then a few passing plays done the same. They state that you can't user with a safety or LB anymore and take away most of the field. Show a video proving that.
Off the bat, corners, WR's and TE's move better and so do RB's vs 18 and I still have 18, much better.

Actually, I am hearing that the build at EA Play was a 40% build.

If it's still at 40% at release, I don't know what to tell you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »