Home

Madden NFL 19 Graphics Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Graphics Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2018, 10:41 PM   #97
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Graphics Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Here’s a graphics/presentation question I want to pose to the OS community.

Would you rather have more shots of the crowd/fans during cut scenes as opposed to the plethora of up close player/coach shots?
Good question. I'd rather have a mix of everything, but for it to feel organic and less scripted. This is going off of previous Madden titles, but it's always a matter of time before you see all presentation elements the game has to offer in terms of camera angles and cut scenes, and more often than not, you'll get to see all of them within a short period. Once you can guess with absolute certainty which cut scene they'll show or what exactly triggers a replay (and from what angle), then things become incredibly stale for me.

One thing that can certainly help is making the play call screen much smaller, or just have it occupy the bottom/side portion of the screen so they can show off more of the graphics. I read an article recently that was very critical of modern sports broadcasts and how some of them (ESPN, CBS) use more real estate than necessary on the screen for their score bugs; so much so that it detracts from the action that's going on in the game (things like NBA FINALS GAME 2 that occupy like 1/6th of the screen). Madden is no different, but it suffers the most between plays. I've always wondered why EA chooses to go with such LARGE font and play-call screens when they would benefit so much from a minimalist menu.

Just look at the difference between a CPU-CPU game and a USER game. There's so much presentation and pretty graphics lost with the huge play call screens.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:49 PM   #98
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Maybe, but out of respect for the site I would ask that people don't follow this advice. Steve was given a very generous amount of codes.

I get that you want info, but I would ask that you stop promoting people to violate the NDA.

It's a straight up disrespect to this site. Thanks....
I’m actually just joking around but I will stop going forward. Seriously though it was just joking. I don’t feel it’s that crucial to get inside info given that the game releases in a month and then we will all have access to first hand reviews from people with the product we will actually buy.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:51 PM   #99
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:

Would you rather have more shots of the crowd/fans during cut scenes as opposed to the plethora of up close player/coach shots?

To me, it still feels like there’s a disconnect with the fans inside these beautiful rendered stadiums.

I’d rather see more fan base reactions during gameplay vs player/coach shots.

There seems to be no connection between the gamer and fan base whether positive or negative, at all.

Just curious of others take on this since it’s dealing with graphics.
**I’m talking more of what’s already in the game vs a wishlist component being added.
Me personally? Remove every shot that isn’t seen on Sunday and replace them with shots that are.

This include the “bling yolo” on field intros. I skip them every time, and apparently they are sill in. *vomits*
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:18 AM   #100
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

To me, it still feels like there’s a disconnect with the fans inside these beautiful rendered stadiums.

I’d rather see more fan base reactions during gameplay vs player/coach shots.

There seems to be no connection between the gamer and fan base whether positive or negative, at all.

Just curious of others take on this since it’s dealing with graphics.
**I’m talking more of what’s already in the game vs a wishlist component being added.

Never been a fan of cuts to the fans because of how bad they are usually rendered. Zoomed out shots or clever shots were they look good would be nice, but every sports game’s fan gfx are just so bad that I’d prefer the player shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-06-2018, 01:23 AM   #101
Rookie

B-Lo-Z-Ro's Arena

OVR: 1
Where are the Bengals throwbacks from the 90s?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2018, 02:00 AM   #102
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
Good question. I'd rather have a mix of everything, but for it to feel organic and less scripted. This is going off of previous Madden titles, but it's always a matter of time before you see all presentation elements the game has to offer in terms of camera angles and cut scenes, and more often than not, you'll get to see all of them within a short period. Once you can guess with absolute certainty which cut scene they'll show or what exactly triggers a replay (and from what angle), then things become incredibly stale for me.

One thing that can certainly help is making the play call screen much smaller, or just have it occupy the bottom/side portion of the screen so they can show off more of the graphics. I read an article recently that was very critical of modern sports broadcasts and how some of them (ESPN, CBS) use more real estate than necessary on the screen for their score bugs; so much so that it detracts from the action that's going on in the game (things like NBA FINALS GAME 2 that occupy like 1/6th of the screen). Madden is no different, but it suffers the most between plays. I've always wondered why EA chooses to go with such LARGE font and play-call screens when they would benefit so much from a minimalist menu.

Just look at the difference between a CPU-CPU game and a USER game. There's so much presentation and pretty graphics lost with the huge play call screens.
You pose something I’ve never thought of, but hits on something if you think about it.

Why does the playcall/play selection screen has to be so big and in your face?

When I see the initial shot of the stadium, and all the work that’s put into, I just wonder why it doesn’t play a larger role dealing with the presentation package?

I guess I’m just curious to what Madden would look like beyond the whole up close/ in your face aspect of how everything seems to be presented before the gamer.
Old 07-07-2018, 03:01 PM   #103
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
You pose something I’ve never thought of, but hits on something if you think about it.

Why does the playcall/play selection screen has to be so big and in your face?

When I see the initial shot of the stadium, and all the work that’s put into, I just wonder why it doesn’t play a larger role dealing with the presentation package?

I guess I’m just curious to what Madden would look like beyond the whole up close/ in your face aspect of how everything seems to be presented before the gamer.
Madden 08 had a decent way of solving this problem. Basically you had the playcall screen and a box that showed what was going on during the paly with camera cuts. I think they had some stats on there as well.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2018, 03:50 PM   #104
Rookie

thatmanGriffin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Just passing this along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does this include kareem hunt as well? I think these two were that wore it on a consistent basis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »