Home

Cap Spreadsheet

This is a discussion on Cap Spreadsheet within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2018, 11:53 AM   #9
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Cap Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by derboehsevincent
I still try to figure out how madden exactly calculates this. Because I want to know up front how much exactly the player will cost me over the years. Since the salary is always the same - you only have to prorate the the signing bonus over the contract years, not the whole contract sum. Thats I think how it's done in salary screen. In the contract signing screen the first shown SC is roughly 64% of the Salary + 1 yearly signing bonus (at least for contracts with 4 years and 5M+ Salary.

Your tool is a good estimation, appricate it. Where do you took these percentages from? Try and Error or is there a rule/law on how you have to split the bonuses?

It was complete trial and error and it is still off for sure. But it does give a rough estimate on how much they'd make.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:21 AM   #10
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by derboehsevincent
I still try to figure out how madden exactly calculates this. Because I want to know up front how much exactly the player will cost me over the years. Since the salary is always the same - you only have to prorate the the signing bonus over the contract years, not the whole contract sum. Thats I think how it's done in salary screen. In the contract signing screen the first shown SC is roughly 64% of the Salary + 1 yearly signing bonus (at least for contracts with 4 years and 5M+ Salary.

Your tool is a good estimation, appricate it. Where do you took these percentages from? Try and Error or is there a rule/law on how you have to split the bonuses?
Here is my thread where you can see contract values by year within a percent or two. Hope it helps.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ct-values.html
Old 09-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Spaceman
I did contracts for the entire league for Madden 18. Missing dead money I suppose is part of it but really its just the contracts being inaccurate. There really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. You will find a few players with accurate contracts but most are simply too low (and ironically maybe 3 or so we're too high, lol).

I think they leave so much cap space for 2 reasons which both are 100% my assumptions. 1. There are NO tools present to restructure contracts or give pay cuts so if cap space was accurate the cpu would have a real hard time. 2. (The much more cynical answer) Having all that space let's Johnny 10 Year Old or Casual Fan trade for Brady or Rodgers or whoever without really having to worry about it.

I wish all the contracts were done correctly and instead they had a cap slider that would increase/decrease the cap itself.
It's hilarious how bad contracts are done. Whoever did them clearly thought signing bonus was actually just the signing bonus and not guaranteed money which is how the game treats it.

We really need to be able to enter contracts year by year as well as a slider for guaranteed money. At the very least allow this in player editing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2018, 03:10 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
It was complete trial and error and it is still off for sure. But it does give a rough estimate on how much they'd make.
On your sheet, what are those 3 rows off to the right that to 5/4/3 years in descending order? How do they function and what are you tracking there?
Old 09-02-2018, 04:22 PM   #13
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
On your sheet, what are those 3 rows off to the right that to 5/4/3 years in descending order? How do they function and what are you tracking there?
It's there to give you a rough estimate of how the contract would be broken down by total money and years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »