Home

Madden 19 Preview: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Preview: What's Hot and What's Not within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2018, 10:51 AM   #9
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 19 Preview: What's Hot and What's Not

The man coverage is fine and the slow audibles are also fine. Just wish they slowed it down for defense as well.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #10
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
I think it will be a solid game...madden has shown us who they are foryears. They care about franchise gamers but notthat much. We are the problem lol we keep waiting for them to change and they have shown us they are notyear after year. I'm not saying dont buy the game I'm just saying the game is good at what it us good at and we need to stop expecting something they are not willing to give us is all. You dont expect your girl to build *cook if she tells you and shows you she dosent like to cook . You either leave her or live work with what shes good at....its what we need to do just lovevmaaden for what it is or move on they wont change no matter how much we complain lol.*

All that said I can't wait to play! This will be the best year for me in a long time....since I am no longer worried about what madden is not doing and focusing on what they are....I'm getting axis there supposedly going in on franchise mode lol*
Agreed. I used to get mad at statements like "we should feel lucky they even took the time to update franchise at all". But now I have just come to grips with the truth. Ultimate scheme and competitive play are king. Anything EA can do to make a buck off of on top of the $65 they already pocket will always be priority. Unfortunately they just can't monetize franchise mode beyond the initial purchase so they simply don't care about it.

This used to bother me, but this year I finally came to grips with the facts. I know what madden is. I know they don't care about franchise mode or the people who play this mode exclusively. And you know what, that's okay. Literally every other sports game out there has a better more immersive experience including NHL which has a fraction of the budget or development team size. Those games will be where the majority of my focus is spent this year.

I am not saying I won't purchase madden at some point. But for the first time in 22 years I won't have it day one, and will most likely wait until it hits one of those bargain bin 60% sales on PS store. Some may disagree with me but in my humble opinion madden by far has the worst franchise mode out of every sports game. Quite frankly I am tired of having to use my "imagination" to make the experience immersive when so many other games take care of the small things for me.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:09 AM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Agreed. I used to get mad at statements like "we should feel lucky they even took the time to update franchise at all". But now I have just come to grips with the truth. Ultimate scheme and competitive play are king. Anything EA can do to make a buck off of on top of the $65 they already pocket will always be priority. Unfortunately they just can't monetize franchise mode beyond the initial purchase so they simply don't care about it.

This used to bother me, but this year I finally came to grips with the facts. I know what madden is. I know they don't care about franchise mode or the people who play this mode exclusively. And you know what, that's okay. Literally every other sports game out there has a better more immersive experience including NHL which has a fraction of the budget or development team size. Those games will be where the majority of my focus is spent this year.

I am not saying I won't purchase madden at some point. But for the first time in 22 years I won't have it day one, and will most likely wait until it hits one of those bargain bin 60% sales on PS store. Some may disagree with me but in my humble opinion madden by far has the worst franchise mode out of every sports game. Quite frankly I am tired of having to use my "imagination" to make the experience immersive when so many other games take care of the small things for me.
I agree with most of your post except the caring part and I would have agreed with you the last several years, but not this year.

It may show on the exterior that they don't care, but they did add some nice improvements to CFM this year, just not as nice and immersive a lot people were expecting in CFM.

I agree with Armour, all we need is some more immersion, coaching staffs, coaching carousal, etc.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2018, 11:26 AM   #12
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with most of your post except the caring part and I would have agreed with you the last several years, but not this year.

It may show on the exterior that they don't care, but they did add some nice improvements to CFM this year, just not as nice and immersive a lot people were expecting in CFM.

I agree with Armour, all we need is some more immersion, coaching staffs, coaching carousal, etc.....
Well you played the Beta so I am inclined to take your word for it. Maybe I'll rent and see if for myself then make a decision.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:29 AM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Well you played the Beta so I am inclined to take your word for it. Maybe I'll rent and see if for myself then make a decision.
I think it's best to rent and make you own decision from there.

You are the best critic.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:16 PM   #14
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

Quote:
We can also look forward to significant improvements to the environments these players compete within, as lighting refinements will see the stadiums and playing fields pop a little more than they have in the past, particularly in HDR.
Very accurate assessment.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:21 PM   #15
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

I think RPM is gonna cause a lot of grief this year. It's going to take them a while to get it right, methinks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2018, 12:24 PM   #16
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
I think RPM is gonna cause a lot of grief this year. It's going to take them a while to get it right, methinks.
RPM is fantastic. Best addition to the game in a long time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »