Home

Madden 19 Preview: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Preview: What's Hot and What's Not within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2018, 11:40 AM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 19 Preview: What's Hot and What's Not

The beauty thing about MUT(I don't play it), it's an option to play or not, plus, if you play, you don't have to pay. Also, sounds like this year you go vs CPU.

Also, I love to hear the insights of AJ because he's been there, done that.

And, the license isn't going anywhere between the NFL, Madden and the NFLPA. There are good relationships, based on past information, between all three parties.

Just a lot of hopes and dreams from the past carrying over.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:46 AM   #58
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Sounds to me like some of you are just burnt out on Madden. That more about you than the game or how it plays

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Nope, still playing my PS2 Maddens almost daily. These new one aren’t fun
Old 07-25-2018, 12:20 PM   #59
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I agree with you 100%. However, competitive players are second in importance only to MUT streamers. If they complain I guarantee you it gets taken out

Clint has already shot down the concept of them removing it and I believe him because I think EA may realize the eSports brand will benefit from this change. With the "design a play at the LOS" paradigm, the viewer has no clue what the guys are doing. We just know that they are pushing buttons really fast. It's a really poor viewing experience and it will not grow if it isn't fixed.

Limiting this, the viewer will be better able to see the play calls (as designed) and then make the connection from the play call to the outcome...in theory, allowing the viewer to see the "chess match" that the game should be .
Old 07-25-2018, 01:21 PM   #60
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agree, that is why there is a arcade and competitive mode for those that prefer those modes.

Why don’t they use these modes to separate it more tho? The article is talking about qb cadences and slower audibles. The obvious answer is slower cadences for simulation and the shorter ones for competitive to make every one happy.

Instead the article is telling us what is probably true, which ever complains the loudest will win this battle.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:21 PM   #61
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Its not???? These numbers are false then? Sorry bud not buying it.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/09/14/a...les-charts/amp
Are you serious? That is just August sales... the debut month.

The second game on that list is GTA V which came out in 2013. I doubt Madden was ever number 1 again for the rest of the year.

That said, no, no these do not include digital sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 01:24 PM   #62
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Clint has already shot down the concept of them removing it and I believe him because I think EA may realize the eSports brand will benefit from this change. With the "design a play at the LOS" paradigm, the viewer has no clue what the guys are doing. We just know that they are pushing buttons really fast. It's a really poor viewing experience and it will not grow if it isn't fixed.

Limiting this, the viewer will be better able to see the play calls (as designed) and then make the connection from the play call to the outcome...in theory, allowing the viewer to see the "chess match" that the game should be .
This is a very good point you make. Doesn't make for good watching seeing all of those silly audibles. Also really makes for a need for a solid game plan as you just can't doctor a brand new play based on what he defense is picking. On another note it was way to easy to exploit the AI because of this. So I am a fan
Old 07-25-2018, 01:34 PM   #63
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Why don’t they use these modes to separate it more tho? The article is talking about qb cadences and slower audibles. The obvious answer is slower cadences for simulation and the shorter ones for competitive to make every one happy.

Instead the article is telling us what is probably true, which ever complains the loudest will win this battle.
I agree, especially with your last paragraph, but Clint put the kibosh on that when another article that people will complain about it and ask to have it changed.

So, hopefully, he is a person of his word.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »