Home

They're doing these early releases wrong!

This is a discussion on They're doing these early releases wrong! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2018, 09:15 PM   #25
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: They're doing these early releases wrong!

I agree 110%. I didn't notice when this changed, but it's very strange. Really puts you in the mindset that you're paying extra to get the game on the regular day and penalized for buying the normal version.

I don't know if this was some 'genius' idea to get people to pony up for the more expensive versions, seems like it, but I would think the allure of getting the game 'early' would be to play it the weekend before it is 'released'. Since, you know, people are usually busy during the week.

But this is coming from someone who normally has no desire to buy the premium versions (outside of M18 GOAT.. which I only bought thinking the game icon would be the GOAT cover... and it wasn't haha), having them released on a Tuesday kinda kills any draw for me, especially since I live overseas and it's on a Wednesday. And the bonuses are usually digital currency related for some online mode I don't play to boot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 12:57 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah I know some folks may not see it the same way and I can see the other side of it, but it just seems odd to me that early release is tuesday, same as our old release has always been.

I usually buy the premium/deluxe versions but i know if i bought standard and had to wait until friday I'd not be too happy with not being able to get it on the "normal" release day so...
This would be true, but games don't always release on Tuesday's anymore. Tons of games have started to release on Friday's now, and its been that way for at least a couple of years.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:06 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by peapod0609
This would be true, but games don't always release on Tuesday's anymore. Tons of games have started to release on Friday's now, and its been that way for at least a couple of years.
And that's because people prefer Friday which is what I mean, the Deluxe or more expensive version should be on Friday

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
And that's because people prefer Friday which is what I mean, the Deluxe or more expensive version should be on Friday
I get what you are saying, and your idea actually makes more sense. I am just saying that in my opinion, Friday 8/10 is the actual release of the game. If there were no early release stuff, I still believe it would release on Friday, 8/10.

I don't really think of it as the game "actually" comes out Tuesday and the people who don't pay more have to wait. Although, as you said, I think your system does make a little more sense. But games don't always release on Tuesday now, so you probably should not have that mindset that Tuesday is the normal release day. I know it was like that for a long time but more and more games are coming out on Fridays now, so that should also be seen as the norm.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by peapod0609
I get what you are saying, and your idea actually makes more sense. I am just saying that in my opinion, Friday 8/10 is the actual release of the game. If there were no early release stuff, I still believe it would release on Friday, 8/10.

I don't really think of it as the game "actually" comes out Tuesday and the people who don't pay more have to wait. Although, as you said, I think your system does make a little more sense. But games don't always release on Tuesday now, so you probably should not have that mindset that Tuesday is the normal release day. I know it was like that for a long time but more and more games are coming out on Fridays now, so that should also be seen as the norm.
Yeah I hear you..well eventually we will likely get away from any one day as a release day.

Friday is the best day to release games though (in my opinion) so they really should make that as the earliest version regardless of how they box the deluxe or whatever they call it..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-02-2018, 04:51 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah I hear you..well eventually we will likely get away from any one day as a release day.

Friday is the best day to release games though (in my opinion) so they really should make that as the earliest version regardless of how they box the deluxe or whatever they call it..
Yeah, I actually think Friday makes way more sense to sell games and other media entertainment. It's payday for a lot of people, and then you got all weekend to play them for a lot of people as well.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:00 PM   #31
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

I was thinking the same thing. Until I actually looked up the dates, I assumed I was getting it the Friday before the "regular release".
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 08:26 PM   #32
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
I agree 110%. I didn't notice when this changed, but it's very strange. Really puts you in the mindset that you're paying extra to get the game on the regular day and penalized for buying the normal version.

I don't know if this was some 'genius' idea to get people to pony up for the more expensive versions, seems like it, but I would think the allure of getting the game 'early' would be to play it the weekend before it is 'released'. Since, you know, people are usually busy during the week.

But this is coming from someone who normally has no desire to buy the premium versions (outside of M18 GOAT.. which I only bought thinking the game icon would be the GOAT cover... and it wasn't haha), having them released on a Tuesday kinda kills any draw for me, especially since I live overseas and it's on a Wednesday. And the bonuses are usually digital currency related for some online mode I don't play to boot.

I also never paid attention to this. I always figured they released it whenever they were ready. There has never been an event or actual nfl game with the madden inaugural release.

I’ve only recently started pre ordering to get it early. No matter what day it comes out I’m taking the day off work to relax and treat myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »