Home

Manipulating schemes

This is a discussion on Manipulating schemes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2018, 01:05 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Manipulating schemes

Anyone made any headway yet into maximizing scheme fits and dynamics. I understand that you can change your scheme at any time, but the change still seems to be present, whereas before you could change the designation of every position for each scheme. I feel like I should be able to run a base 3-4 where I want speed rushers on both sides, or run a west coast zone with a runner-receiver instead of an elusive back.

This also seems like something they could easily patch in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 01:23 PM   #2
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Manipulating schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Anyone made any headway yet into maximizing scheme fits and dynamics. I understand that you can change your scheme at any time, but the change still seems to be present, whereas before you could change the designation of every position for each scheme. I feel like I should be able to run a base 3-4 where I want speed rushers on both sides, or run a west coast zone with a runner-receiver instead of an elusive back.

This also seems like something they could easily patch in.
I think you are asking if you can change the preferred archetype for a position within a scheme, correct? In my experience thus far with the game you cannot do this. The purpose of a scheme is to inform the player of what types of players you should be acquiring and also give you a sense of how your playcalling should follow.

Basically, there will be those people who will leverage scheme fits to pump the XP on their favorite players and there will be those people who will do what they can to build a team that fits their desired scheme and will try to play as such.

I think a good balance in between is acceptable, the game really gives you the freedom to choose how to leverage the new feature.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:12 PM   #3
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

You can't alter the archetypes within a scheme, and it kind of stinks because they don't always make sense.

Impossible to run a 4-3 with man corners or a straight 4-3 where your SS isn't just an in-the-box run support guy.

Also kind of sucks that only one type of receiver can get a scheme-fit XP boost. There isn't a single offense in the NFL whose "scheme" only relies on one type of receiver.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Oldsmobile19's Arena

It makes sense why they did this though because if you were able to change an individual player to match the coach scheme you could easily have a whole team with 100% scheme fit to receive those boosts.

You would also have unrealistic changes by let's say making a possession wide receiver a deep threat or vice versa when they really aren't just to have that 100% scheme fit.

I guess they had to have some kind of balance, overall I am not mad at it this year, a good alternative to previous games.

https://www.youtube.com/user/oldsmobile19
Old 08-07-2018, 04:11 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsmobile19
It makes sense why they did this though because if you were able to change an individual player to match the coach scheme you could easily have a whole team with 100% scheme fit to receive those boosts.

You would also have unrealistic changes by let's say making a possession wide receiver a deep threat or vice versa when they really aren't just to have that 100% scheme fit.

I guess they had to have some kind of balance, overall I am not mad at it this year, a good alternative to previous games.
They could also just edit every player on their team to be 99s too. Doesn't make sense to make something unrealistic for the sake of individual team balance. Teams change their schemes over the course of the season based on injuries, I don't see what would be lost by including this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 06:52 PM   #6
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsmobile19

Or you could lock them in at the beginning of the season at not be allowed to change them again? Fits the spirit of feature and isn't easily abused
Old 08-07-2018, 10:18 PM   #7
Just started!

You cannot change your players archetypes that the scheme is looking for. Each scheme has a preferred type of player that it is looking for. However if you have a player that you want to develop within your chosen scheme, you simply put the development points into that players archetype that you want to develop. Each archetype has certain skills that it will develop in a priority manner to boost the players fit.

If you have a 'slot receiver' that you are trying to develop into a vertical threat, then simply input the skill point into 'deep threat'...it may or may not help with scheme fit for that player, but you can develop them however you want to.

I dont think that scheme fit was meant to be the end all be all for the game...some players are transcendent...they will work in any scheme on talent, but guys that fit the scheme will develop faster than those that dont
Old 08-07-2018, 10:42 PM   #8
Rookie

I think that’s the beauty of the system.Its a balance ,where you may want those man to man CBs in the 4-3 defense,there may not be as much of a benefit but no harm in running it that way

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »