Home

M'19 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

This is a discussion on M'19 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2018, 06:15 PM   #41
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: M'19 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkola12
That's my kind of MLB. Looks like Bobby Wagner JR.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Operation Sports mobile app
Haha he really is - He also has 81 MCV which is pretty unreal. Considered moving him to SS honestly but his vertical is pretty bad, just gonna keep him at LB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2018, 03:53 AM   #42
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
Haha he really is - He also has 81 MCV which is pretty unreal. Considered moving him to SS honestly but his vertical is pretty bad, just gonna keep him at LB
What's his agility?
Old 09-08-2018, 07:48 AM   #43
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurd2817
What's his agility?
He's in his 5th season now and it's 85, not sure what it was when he first came into the league but probably an 85 or an 84
Old 09-16-2018, 10:08 AM   #44
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

I gotta say, the lack of activity and posts in this thread alone makes me worry about Madden this year. It just seems fairly dead. This is usually a fun and active thread people post their draft results in, and so far.....not much going on in here.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:23 AM   #45
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
I gotta say, the lack of activity and posts in this thread alone makes me worry about Madden this year. It just seems fairly dead. This is usually a fun and active thread people post their draft results in, and so far.....not much going on in here.
I just haven't gotten to my draft yet . But yeah It's been dead

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2018, 03:24 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad

There's no variety with the generated prospects. Lots of giant (like 6'6"+) strong arm QB's. Scramblers are always smaller. Lots of really slow power running backs. Huge WR's who move more like a TE. Deep threat midgets. Only a handful of LB's with even mid 80's speed any given year. CB's are fast at the top of the board, but the speed drops drastically once you get to the mid rounds and soon you're left drafting corners with 86-88 speed.

There are still some studs to be found, but everything just feels too cookie cutter. Nobody breaks the mold of the archetype they're assigned. Power backs are slow. Red zone threats are slow. Deep threats are small. And apparently the devs still can't do a simple google search to figure out the average age of an NFL draft pick. Love resigning guys who already 27 or 28 at the end of their rookie deals.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan01
There's no variety with the generated prospects. Lots of giant (like 6'6"+) strong arm QB's. Scramblers are always smaller. Lots of really slow power running backs. Huge WR's who move more like a TE. Deep threat midgets. Only a handful of LB's with even mid 80's speed any given year. CB's are fast at the top of the board, but the speed drops drastically once you get to the mid rounds and soon you're left drafting corners with 86-88 speed.

There are still some studs to be found, but everything just feels too cookie cutter. Nobody breaks the mold of the archetype they're assigned. Power backs are slow. Red zone threats are slow. Deep threats are small. And apparently the devs still can't do a simple google search to figure out the average age of an NFL draft pick. Love resigning guys who already 27 or 28 at the end of their rookie deals.

I’ve only been thru one draft, but this above would describe it. In past Madden’s I always thought the draft classes were too overpowered compared to the the original rosters. Way too much speed in the drafts in prior versions.

I’m glad to see that toned down. Scouting and understanding combine results are that much more important. And those slower power backs may be more useful if the rest of the league speed is toned down.

The best overall in the draft I did were by far weighted toward the OL. The draft players far outpace the talent at OL on the original rosters - and its much needed.

I did draft something of a stud at CB - 98 speed with decent man and zone coverage. 81 OVR - he will start immediately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2018, 04:38 PM   #48
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Have any of you noticed the in game commentary calling drafted players by name (last name)? I just got through my first offseason and after a couple preseason games haven’t heard any called by their last name, just stuff like “he finds his tight end for a first down” rather than “he finds Armstrong for a first down”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »