Home

New XP and Progression system

This is a discussion on New XP and Progression system within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New XP and Progression system

In previous versions it would always save up my XP until the end of the year before spending it. With the new system and points, does anyone see any pro's or benefits to saving them up until the end or is it now better to spend them as you get them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 12:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: New XP and Progression system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzy25
In previous versions it would always save up my XP until the end of the year before spending it. With the new system and points, does anyone see any pro's or benefits to saving them up until the end or is it now better to spend them as you get them?
I spend them when I get them because skill points for me are so scarce. I played 1 season of my franchise so far and I think on average I got 2-3 skill points per starter. My older players didn't get that much of a boost but my younger players did. Also it seemed like those with better development traits got more upgrades than the slower guys. Some guys would get two things upgraded while another guy got like 10 things upgraded.
Old 08-18-2018, 12:20 PM   #3
MVP

There is no benefit to saving them. Althougb, i am thinking about saving them anyway and spending them all in preseason to have determine position battles.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
Rookie

JustADashOfDak's Arena

I save them because I feel like it's more realistic if players get better season to season and not game to game
Old 08-19-2018, 11:27 AM   #5
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustADashOfDak
I save them because I feel like it's more realistic if players get better season to season and not game to game
I do this for the same reason, but also, I tend to save mine too just in case I want to switch schemes after the draft. If I want to get my new rookies some extra XP and I lose scheme fits for some of my previous players, I might be able to spend a skill point and get them to fit my new scheme.

It's probably best to spend them right away though, as I would imagine the older a player gets, the more XP they need to accumulate in order to get another skill point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2018, 11:57 AM   #6
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Yep just spend the points, the only instance I can think of to not spend points is with practice squad players. Once those players get up to a certain overall (I'd say around 70), teams will sign him off of your practice squad. If you like the player enough then save those points and spend them once you sign them to your active roster.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 08-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

On the topic of skill points, why do some randomly end up with a ton of skill points at the end of the year? Like my depth offensive line guys are getting stupid amounts of skill points.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:33 PM   #8
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan01
On the topic of skill points, why do some randomly end up with a ton of skill points at the end of the year? Like my depth offensive line guys are getting stupid amounts of skill points.
The players earn additional XP at the end of the year for completing goals, making the pro bowl, and winning awards. That's probably where all the additional XP is coming from.

For depth OL specifically, this is unfortunately a bug that was in the game last year and not patched for M19. For some reason, depth OL players on your roster who never see the field make the pro bowl when your starters do too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »