Home

Defense is OP

This is a discussion on Defense is OP within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2018, 12:31 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Defense is OP

in coach mode i beat the packers last night 48-16 or something like that. default pro sliders. he threw 400+ yds and was 25/45 or something but 3 ints. run game 10 att 35 yards or so. jimmy threw 270 2 tds 1 int 15/23 or something, i ran for 150 yds in 30 att or something. something is broken in there, a 99 qb should not miss that often how ever it was good that he wasnt always perfect, i only sacked him 3 times,
Old 08-19-2018, 01:17 AM   #18
Banned

Mike_Chase27's Arena

OVR: 0

I like how EA has a built in an excuse for why the run game is such ****. "don't hit turbo" like wtf? Hitting turbo has nothing to do with linemen not holding their blocks and not knowing who to block.

Blocking logic is so messed up this year to the point where I think they intentionally broke it for the competitive crowd. Same goes for the return of super human linebackers.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:02 AM   #19
Rookie

JustADashOfDak's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Chase27
I like how EA has a built in an excuse for why the run game is such ****. "don't hit turbo" like wtf? Hitting turbo has nothing to do with linemen not holding their blocks and not knowing who to block.

Blocking logic is so messed up this year to the point where I think they intentionally broke it for the competitive crowd. Same goes for the return of super human linebackers.
If it's built in then how is it an excuse? The run game really isn't that hard to get down. You hit the holes, don't overrun your blocks, git gud with the sticks. Yes, I've had games with 2.5 ypc but I've also had games with 120+ yards and 5.0 ypc. The bad games were against good defenses and the good games were against bad defenses, for the most part. I've also had average games with 4.0 ypc. The times I haven't had good games it's because I overran my blocks or didn't make a cut when I should have or didn't hit the hole correctly.

Yes, the blocking logic isn't the best at times. But it's not that hard. If people tried to get better as much as they complained...
Old 08-19-2018, 04:16 AM   #20
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Best running game in any madden ever easily.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:23 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Defense isn’t OP. Lol

EA better not cater to the casuals and patch it to make it “offense happy”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, much better to cater to the minority of arrogant elitists who constantly look down at other people.

( that was sarcasm by the way)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2018, 08:33 AM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

Sliders help mitigate theses issues. They certainly don't happen every play, but when it does happen, the sky is falling.

We went through this with you in the impressions thread. Yes, EA needs to fix the issues, in the meantime, utilize the tools the game gives you every year, sliders.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustADashOfDak
If it's built in then how is it an excuse? The run game really isn't that hard to get down. You hit the holes, don't overrun your blocks, git gud with the sticks. Yes, I've had games with 2.5 ypc but I've also had games with 120+ yards and 5.0 ypc. The bad games were against good defenses and the good games were against bad defenses, for the most part. I've also had average games with 4.0 ypc. The times I haven't had good games it's because I overran my blocks or didn't make a cut when I should have or didn't hit the hole correctly.

Yes, the blocking logic isn't the best at times. But it's not that hard. If people tried to get better as much as they complained...
I'm in agreement here. I found that 80 HUM RBK and 70 CPU RBK, combined with some other settings, was the sweet spot for generating the right amount of TFL for both sides, as well as for generating realistic YPC for the backs.

I'm now to a spot where I can average in the low 3s vs. a really good D or in the high 4s or above on a good day vs. an average or poor D. The CPU seems to have a similar range.

I don't think defense is OP this year at all. The sliders work; use them to tune things to your liking.

Heck, I was tired of seeing so many CPU PD, so I lowered PDRT from 50 to 45 and saw an immediate and drastic reduction in PD in my next played CFM game.

I'm not a good sticks player, either, so I don't think success demands that you be super agile with your thumbs. I think it does demand taking what the defense gives you this year, more than in years past. I'm finding myself checking out of lots of plays, especially runs where I don't like the look, and that has helped boost performance in the run game.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:52 PM   #24
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustADashOfDak

I have more of a gripe with the CPU not really understanding the physics of the game or even how to run the ball effectively.

I'm with you on User running, I feel it's very balanced and I'm really enjoying it aside from it being too easy at times.

The CPU however, complete fail there. It can't hit the holes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »