Home

Passing on All Madden

This is a discussion on Passing on All Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2018, 04:17 PM   #9
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Passing on All Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I graduated from All-Pro to All-Madden this year as well and have suffered some growing pains, but I'm getting there.

One thing that I'm doing a lot in Madden 19, and something which I haven't had to do in previous Madden games: I'm using pre-snap motion to diagnose blitzes. If I get the impression a blitz is coming, I change my protection to account for the blitz, call some hot routes to ensure I'll get a good pass off against the coverage I see (based on how the safeties are lining up and the motion), and then throw to the area vacated by the blitzing linebackers.

I get fooled sometimes, but I'm definitely better compared to my second week in August when I first started up on All-Madden this year.
I agree with you on this..All Madden was the closest thing to real life passing and coverage meaning you had to use checkdowns change protection and hot route to be successful the AI took away the deep ball and made you pay for bad reads...I dont if it's like that post patch because I dont play it anymore...but CM is spot on with his all madden assessment..
Old 09-03-2018, 05:25 PM   #10
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Well if you look at stats all NFL Qb’s throw about 80% of their passes 15 yards or less. So the vast majority of passes should be in that range. Also around 50% of passes are thrown 5 yards or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2018, 09:16 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

It should also be noted that the AI *always* plays over the top coverage, so intermediate routes are almost always covered for at least some period of time during the play.

You can honestly making a living against them doing nothing but throwing drags or going for big plays when you get time. Trying to throw in the 10-15 yard range is tough because they are always sitting there in their zones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2018, 09:55 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Someone care to give me tips on how to pass on All Madden with success? I am very good on All Pro, but on All Madden is seems as if the D is always one step ahead of my WRs. Now I love pushing the ball down field and am too impatient to try to put together 12 play drives with regularity. I like taking my shots deep, which seems to be next to impossible on All Madden. Formations and plays that are good on AM would be helpful as well, that I can add to my playbook. I only play online, and am in 2 All Pro CFMs and 2 AM CFMs, I'm averaging 25+ a game on All Pro, yet like 15 ppg on All Madden. Seems as if my #1 option never gets open.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Best advice I can give is to just keep playing and be mindful, u don’t need to change sliders just adjust how u play, every game is gonna be different and know sometimes all madden cheating ways come to surface but u can still beat them.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:02 AM   #13
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Look deep but do not fixate on making deep passes, unless you're in MUT challenges.

Pick a play which can be audibled into a play you really desire to run or make adjustments to at the LOS.

It is my belief, from actions seen in games, that the CPU picks the best play in key situations, at least, to ensure they can defend the route combos or run hole your initial play is designed to go.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:25 AM   #14
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Well if you look at stats all NFL Qb’s throw about 80% of their passes 15 yards or less. So the vast majority of passes should be in that range. Also around 50% of passes are thrown 5 yards or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It may not necessarily be the what the OP is doing, but IMO most Madden players are still trained to always look for the big play in the passing game. If you're on Default AM or a slider set with a similar difficulty, then unless you've found some money players, you aren't going to get very many opportunities for the deep ball in M19. I feel like I might get 3 or 4 chances a game to get over the top, and I hope that I can connect or 1 of them, 2 if I'm lucky.

When I read about people getting sacked 7 or 8 times a game even with absurdly high passing blocking settings, I don't confront them, but I know that it's User error for sure.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:03 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
It is my belief, from actions seen in games, that the CPU picks the best play in key situations, at least, to ensure they can defend the route combos or run hole your initial play is designed to go.
Totally agree.

I use custom playbooks and will randomly add plays that look intereseting and then experiment in practice mode. A lot of time you can make an average base play pretty good by using the right hot routes.

The coverage is much tighter this year but I'm able to move the ball fairly consistently with drags, flats, curls and short crossers. Once in a while I'll get a big play against cvr 1 or cvr 0 press.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 06:56 AM   #16
Rookie

saybur's Arena

I would like to see them add an option to disable the ratings boost that CPU players get on AM. It's hard to take advantage of mismatches when your 95 speed receiver gets the same speed in game as their 90 speed CB. Surely that's not the only way they can keep it competitive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »