Home

Passing on All Madden

This is a discussion on Passing on All Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2018, 11:27 AM   #1
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Passing on All Madden

Someone care to give me tips on how to pass on All Madden with success? I am very good on All Pro, but on All Madden is seems as if the D is always one step ahead of my WRs. Now I love pushing the ball down field and am too impatient to try to put together 12 play drives with regularity. I like taking my shots deep, which seems to be next to impossible on All Madden. Formations and plays that are good on AM would be helpful as well, that I can add to my playbook. I only play online, and am in 2 All Pro CFMs and 2 AM CFMs, I'm averaging 25+ a game on All Pro, yet like 15 ppg on All Madden. Seems as if my #1 option never gets open.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 11:32 AM   #2
F17
Rookie

Re: Passing on All Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Seems as if my #1 option never gets open.

Pass to your #2 option then
Old 09-03-2018, 11:50 AM   #3
Pro

Try this. I think the AI pass coverage and pass reaction sliders are backwards. Where 0 slider setting is suppose to make loose coverage and slow reaction, i honestly think it’s the opposite.

Move these sliders closer to 100 and see what happens. If u do this, please post your reaction. I want to see if I’m on to something.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:55 AM   #4
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by F17
Pass to your #2 option then
Thanks for contributing to the conversation and providing something of substance.

-M. Shadows
Old 09-03-2018, 11:55 AM   #5
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Try this. I think the AI pass coverage and pass reaction sliders are backwards. Where 0 slider setting is suppose to make loose coverage and slow reaction, i honestly think it’s the opposite.

Move these sliders closer to 100 and see what happens. If u do this, please post your reaction. I want to see if I’m on to something.
Only play online CFM, have no control of the sliders...

-M. Shadows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 01:46 PM   #6
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Stop assuming deeper (12-15+ yds past LOS) routes should be open because years of playing Madden on AP has taught you that you just deserve wide open WRs.

Don't mean that to sound harsh but AM is a lot closer to what an NFL QB has to deal with. Defense can take away deep routes any time they want. Target shorter routes, then when the defense adjusts to take away the short stuff, you hit that big 25 yarder up the seam, etc.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 09-03-2018, 01:51 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I graduated from All-Pro to All-Madden this year as well and have suffered some growing pains, but I'm getting there.

One thing that I'm doing a lot in Madden 19, and something which I haven't had to do in previous Madden games: I'm using pre-snap motion to diagnose blitzes. If I get the impression a blitz is coming, I change my protection to account for the blitz, call some hot routes to ensure I'll get a good pass off against the coverage I see (based on how the safeties are lining up and the motion), and then throw to the area vacated by the blitzing linebackers.

I get fooled sometimes, but I'm definitely better compared to my second week in August when I first started up on All-Madden this year.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:29 PM   #8
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I graduated from All-Pro to All-Madden this year as well and have suffered some growing pains, but I'm getting there.

One thing that I'm doing a lot in Madden 19, and something which I haven't had to do in previous Madden games: I'm using pre-snap motion to diagnose blitzes. If I get the impression a blitz is coming, I change my protection to account for the blitz, call some hot routes to ensure I'll get a good pass off against the coverage I see (based on how the safeties are lining up and the motion), and then throw to the area vacated by the blitzing linebackers.

I get fooled sometimes, but I'm definitely better compared to my second week in August when I first started up on All-Madden this year.
I hear you CM I ALWAYS was an all-pro player in Madden the past 6-7 years but this year All-pro regardless of sliders is just too easy, too often. Once in a while i will get a good game but not often enough for me.

I have been forced to all-madden and doing things i stayed away from for years. Motioning WR's, audibles, protection calls, and more that if you do in all-pro its an easy blow out every time.

I have also taken my lumps but im getting better with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »