Home

How the heck do you guys beat Aaron Rodgers?

This is a discussion on How the heck do you guys beat Aaron Rodgers? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2018, 06:38 PM   #1
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

OVR: 0
How the heck do you guys beat Aaron Rodgers?

Please tell me how ya'll beat him.

I have tried almost everything. He always torches me. Always.

I don't think I've had a game against him where hasn't thrown for over 400 yards.

Even worse in my recent 48-26 loss to him as the Cardinals I sacked the man 7 times. 7!!! And he still torched me. 518 yds and 5 TDs.
I mean I already knew I was going to lose the game but I at least wanted to lose valiantly!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2018, 07:19 PM   #2
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Re: How the heck do you guys beat Aaron Rodgers?

They have him as a 99 but Rodgers doesnt always play lights out in real life. No QB is unbeatable.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:54 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
Please tell me how ya'll beat him.

I have tried almost everything. He always torches me. Always.

I don't think I've had a game against him where hasn't thrown for over 400 yards.

Even worse in my recent 48-26 loss to him as the Cardinals I sacked the man 7 times. 7!!! And he still torched me. 518 yds and 5 TDs.
I mean I already knew I was going to lose the game but I at least wanted to lose valiantly!
Just beat em 26-24 in one of the most amazing games I ever experienced. I played quite abit of cov 2 sink, cov 3 sky and man under with inside over the top leverage and tightened down in the red zone.

Blew a 2 TD lead late in the 4th, when Rodgers went Robo on me. On a second and 18, I ripped a 35 yard pass down the seam and drilled a 55 yd fg to win. Ice the kicker almost got me.... Whew.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:09 AM   #4
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Just beat em 26-24 in one of the most amazing games I ever experienced. I played quite abit of cov 2 sink, cov 3 sky and man under with inside over the top leverage and tightened down in the red zone.

Blew a 2 TD lead late in the 4th, when Rodgers went Robo on me. On a second and 18, I ripped a 35 yard pass down the seam and drilled a 55 yd fg to win. Ice the kicker almost got me.... Whew.
I was running mostly man coverage, blitzes, and Tampa 2. I bet that's probably why he torched me.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:23 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
I was running mostly man coverage, blitzes, and Tampa 2. I bet that's probably why he torched me.
Not a big fan of tampa 2 as is represented in madden, since the corners seldom re-route the outside receivers to the inside. The window between the corners and safeties is just too big. Cover 2 press, basic same principle with press corners, is somewhat better.

I like to run man-zone combination coverage in the tight red zone. A favorite of mine is to call Over Storm Brave, press and play outside & over-the-top leverage and hot route my blitzing linebackers into hook zones over the middle. I am able to get coverage sacks and even force an occasional interception.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2018, 02:05 PM   #6
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

In my Dolphins franchise, he was tearing me up in our mid season game. Unstoppable, and I think that Green Bay had three TDs and a FG on their first four drives. Then, on their next one, after they had gotten to around my 10 yard line, I sacked him hard and injured him.

Kizer came in and threw a pick 6 on the next play, did horrible in the second half, and I came back to win.

So, the answer is to knock him out of the game!
Old 09-25-2018, 02:24 PM   #7
Pro

Themayorofawsometown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
In my Dolphins franchise, he was tearing me up in our mid season game. Unstoppable, and I think that Green Bay had three TDs and a FG on their first four drives. Then, on their next one, after they had gotten to around my 10 yard line, I sacked him hard and injured him.

Kizer came in and threw a pick 6 on the next play, did horrible in the second half, and I came back to win.

So, the answer is to knock him out of the game!
Calm down Anthony Barr

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk
Miami Heat
Old 09-25-2018, 06:39 PM   #8
MVP

You beat the AI in the passing game by sending 6 on almost every snap. The game plans this year are pass happy, and they send five out on routes an overwhelming majority of the time. You'll give up plays from time to time, but for the most part the AI will be heaving up terrible passes, due to the under pressure modifier, and taking sacks.

You can call almost any zero blitz in this game and user the defender assigned to the RB and the AI should almost never move the ball against you unless you are on All Madden with sliders heavily tilted in their favor. Even then they will struggle.

You can also do this with zone. Call C3 Buzz and blitz both buzz defenders. QB contain if you have fast players coming off the edge. 3-4 Under and Big Dime 2-3-6 both have a "Show 2" version of Cover 3 Buzz which lets you build and quick and easy D scheme using the complementary C1, C4, and C2 plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »