Home

Madden 19 CFM Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CFM Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-09-2018, 03:43 PM   #65
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 19 CFM Scouting Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
There could be several factors, draft round which generally determines AWR which is important for OL. The combine numbers themselves which determine SPD, STR, AGI, ACC all of which are useful for OL. Then lastly just because some of the grades are higher, they may not be as valuable. Impact Block and Lead Block would be two examples, that are less valuable than Run Block or Pass Block.
WOW! I never realized this how AWR was prognosticated. I've always wished that Madden would use a wonderlic score as part of the combine numbers to give you an idea of AWR, but since they don't, I always thought AWR was more just a luck of the draw. Is it determined by the projected round, or the "talent round" that you get after the player is scouted?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2018, 05:18 PM   #66
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
WOW! I never realized this how AWR was prognosticated. I've always wished that Madden would use a wonderlic score as part of the combine numbers to give you an idea of AWR, but since they don't, I always thought AWR was more just a luck of the draw. Is it determined by the projected round, or the "talent round" that you get after the player is scouted?
The talent round, and that is also a generalization. I don't think they assign a draft round to the players, then give them an AWR rating based on that. The AWR was already given, which boosts the OVR of that player and leads to a higher draft slot.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:05 AM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Yeah it relies on the TEXTJOIN function. I might be able to achieve the same thing with concatenate now I think about it, but which would help compatibility with older versions of excel... I’ll try and sort that for 7.2.

I’m an secretly an agent of the computer manufacturers

I've noticed that on the Individual scouting reports tab I also have the issue where #Name? Shows up under strengths and weaknesses even though for the test players the report is filled out before I enable for editing. Nate, or anyone have thoughts on this and how to resolve?
Old 11-10-2018, 08:39 AM   #68
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Hi guys, apologies for taking so long to get back to some of these questions. Been away on vacation in Disneyland for the last couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze09
I've noticed that on the Individual scouting reports tab I also have the issue where #Name? Shows up under strengths and weaknesses even though for the test players the report is filled out before I enable for editing. Nate, or anyone have thoughts on this and how to resolve?
Guessing you’re not using the latest version of excel downloaded from an o365 subscription? It relies on a function called textjoin. I’ll look at a way to do it with concatenate though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
How is a potential red chip or blue chip decided? It seems random. Before I put in combine numbers, I had two LGs, same categories scouted, one had better letter grades than the other. The one with the lower grades was a blue chip, the other red. Neither had a draft story. They were about the same size and age. I don't get what would make the one a blue chip candidate despite the worse grades.
Lol it’s a long, long way from random. Each prospect in madden is generated from a “template”. There is a template per position/archetype, each with three tiers (total of about 170 templates). These templates have an upper and lower bound for each attribute and a default likelihood of certain development traits. The scouted skills and combine measurables can be used to indicate which template a player belongs to (as can projected round and talent round) and therefore extrapolate what their other skills are likely to be. There’s a fair amount of overlap between tiers within the templates so it’s hard to tell sometimes until the talent round is revealed, but that’s how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomshark
So do the draft stories have to fall in the given time period? I have a tweet in week 11 about a TE making a great catch, but the only category I can find that fits it is early season Amazing Moments (weeks 1-5).
That’s gonna be a late season story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGamer
Nate, I'm noticing the stars next to the players projected draft status (blue chip, red chip) is gold for some players and clear for others. Some players even have it half way filled in. What is this supposed to represent?

Scheme fit. Full star = perfect fit, half star = fit with a simple position change (eg LE to RE) and no star = not a scheme fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGEBEAR09
What would a tweet of a player being dominated by an opposing rookie due to that players type of development or stats

Only their production and personality ratings are affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWKMAX
Nate, I have been testing some things in franchise and I'm pretty sure that when it comes to draft stories it matters which journalist sends the tweet. For example, I think that players in Todd McShay's tweets are better than players in Matt millers tweets

Nothing I’ve found in the game files indicates this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.hunt1376
Nate-

I think I found the issues - there just weren't any players in that range on my Draft Board. It just seemed odd that it was blank on the second line and not the last line of the 1st round.

Yeah you need to sort by rank before that sheet is usable.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #69
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Will there be any charts like past years about what factors make a red or blue chip prospect? Or are the ones from past years valid?
Old 11-12-2018, 10:08 PM   #70
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Past couple of weeks? Damn, I'm jealous!

Amazing work again sir! If there was an award for best companion tool for video game, you'd win.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:58 PM   #71
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

I've never used this before ever for a draft or scouting in Madden so I have a couple of questions that I didn't see on the opening post.

I did see that it is designed for desktop which I was going to use on my tablet (till I saw that it won't work well) for now convenience having it with me while drafting as opposed to the desktop not being right there, so I got that part.

My main question is,.... How do I get the generated draft class info into Excell on my desktop? I am about to do a draft as I'm in free agency now. Also I've never used Excell so if someone is gracious enough to give me a stop by step on how to get the info in, id appreciate it. I'm hoping it is easy and somehow automatically loads up instead of having to input each player. That would take too much time.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 11-13-2018 at 12:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2018, 07:47 AM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
I've never used this before ever for a draft or scouting in Madden so I have a couple of questions that I didn't see on the opening post.

I did see that it is designed for desktop which I was going to use on my tablet (till I saw that it won't work well) for now convenience having it with me while drafting as opposed to the desktop not being right there, so I got that part.

My main question is,.... How do I get the generated draft class info into Excell on my desktop? I am about to do a draft as I'm in free agency now. Also I've never used Excell so if someone is gracious enough to give me a stop by step on how to get the info in, id appreciate it. I'm hoping it is easy and somehow automatically loads up instead of having to input each player. That would take too much time.
You have to manually enter the information

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »