Home

Madden 19 CFM Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CFM Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-26-2018, 02:53 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Madden 19 CFM Scouting Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Nothing planned mate, there would be so many variables it would be quite hard. But certainly doable.
Cool. I wish Madden had better forecasting and roster management tools built in, but c'es la vie. You come up with amazing stuff, so if your plans on this score ever change, shoot me a link to your PayPal or whatever . I'd be happy to support the cause!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2018, 01:31 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 0

Question for you OMN, what would cause a player's TVR grade to go DOWN when his true talent round exceeds his projection?

I'm not at the combine info stage yet but just saw the TVR go down when I input his true talent and found it odd
Old 11-27-2018, 04:58 AM   #83
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
Question for you OMN, what would cause a player's TVR grade to go DOWN when his true talent round exceeds his projection?

I'm not at the combine info stage yet but just saw the TVR go down when I input his true talent and found it odd

Huh that is weird. I suspect it’s because I penalise players that aren’t fully scouted (ie they still need the combine info input) but probably did something stupid like penalised blue chips more than red chips. I’ll take a look and fix for the next version.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-27-2018, 01:59 PM   #84
Rookie

mnAD28's Arena

OMN, I love this tool! Thanks so much for your hard work. Quick question though;

I have 109 players scouted so far, but when I go to the Draft Day Planner, it doesn't show any players for any picks after Round 3 Pick 26, even though I have scouted many players with projected and actual rounds later than 3. Any thoughts? (I'm using the latest version of Excel - Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016)

Last edited by mnAD28; 11-27-2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Add version of Excel.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:30 PM   #85
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

This might be the coolest thing I’ve seen on OS. Thanks for doing and sharing this. I’m geeking out. I’ll be utilizing this as I embark on my keeper CFM. Nice work!

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2018, 08:40 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

OMN, I have an oddball question here:

I know this sheet is intended to give you fool-proof drafts. I'm wondering, whoever, if it's possible anywhere in the sheet to introduce some hidden variance/room for error in the calculation of the True Value/overall ranking.

In other words, is it possible to build some extra risk/bust potential into the sheet?

The reason I ask is that I've been trying to replicate the real-life phenomenon of scouting a guy hard but having a pretty reasonable shot of missing, despite the effort.

In-game, if you scout all the traits, you can never draft a player under 70 until the end of the draft. If you scout only 1-2 traits, you introduce more risk, but in a way that feels silly to me, like playing a game one-handed.

I'd kind of like to be able to take things out of my hands a bit, scout hard, input the data, and go by a big board compiled by my "scouting department" that has some variability built in regarding the accuracy of the reports.

If this is a totally insane or idiosyncratic request, please disregard, but I'm wondering if others are interested in something similar and if it could be done with relative ease by someone with your expertise.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:59 PM   #87
Rookie

I got a Trey Wingo Tweet about a Running Back.

Incredible Wheels on Miles Ecker. 40 Time off the Charts! His 40 was 4.59...not really off the charts.... What draft story would go with this??

Above Average Combine
Draft Stock Rises
Draft Stock Skyrockets
Great Combine
Top Combine performer

Its hard enough to pick even if his 40 was really off the charts but with it being about average any clue as to what to pick here?
Old 11-30-2018, 01:02 PM   #88
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzy25
I got a Trey Wingo Tweet about a Running Back.

Incredible Wheels on Miles Ecker. 40 Time off the Charts! His 40 was 4.59...not really off the charts.... What draft story would go with this??

Above Average Combine
Draft Stock Rises
Draft Stock Skyrockets
Great Combine
Top Combine performer

Its hard enough to pick even if his 40 was really off the charts but with it being about average any clue as to what to pick here?
Depends. If he is an elusive RB I wouldn't draft him. Too slow. Power RB, not too bad bit I don't draft slow RBs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »