Home

Madden 19 CFM Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CFM Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-30-2018, 01:14 PM   #89
Rookie

rajone9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CFM Scouting Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Depends. If he is an elusive RB I wouldn't draft him. Too slow. Power RB, not too bad bit I don't draft slow RBs.
He was asking for what draft story to write in the tool, not if the player deserves to be chosen

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6003 utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2018, 01:38 PM   #90
Rookie

[quote=rajone9;2049622344]He was asking for what draft story to write in the tool, not if the player deserves to be chosen

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6003 utilizzando Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Yes Correct, trying to figure out how to line up the stories
Old 11-30-2018, 01:59 PM   #91
Rookie

So I just completed my 5th rookie draft in this years madden and some things I’ve noticed and hopefully it isn’t always the case is that these players are SLOOOOOOW.

So far it seems like you might get 2-3 useable corners a year as in they don’t have less than 87 speed and their stats aren’t complete garbage. Likewise it seems like no matter what linebackers will always be about 83 speed or less usually less.

A few runningbacks and wide receivers have had some impressive speed like 94+ but they are most certainly top 15 top 10 picks in most cases. I’m just finding it hard to find players that are even worth drafting in my franchise that has 8 real people in it. You’re practically writing your own suicide note to ask these corners to cover real nfl wideouts like OBJ, tyreek hill, and Julio Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2018, 03:14 PM   #92
Rookie

OMN, Love this tool its fantastic. Really love the concept of the Top Players at Each position and Draft Day Planner tabs.

I just have one suggestion to improve it but I am no expert at excel so I am not sure if its even possible. Is there a way to have those two tabs update as your putting X's next to players drafted? That way when you get to your pick it an accurate Top players remaining and draft day planner who is currently the best pick available when you're actually at your pick?
Old 12-05-2018, 11:56 AM   #93
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnAD28
OMN, I love this tool! Thanks so much for your hard work. Quick question though;

I have 109 players scouted so far, but when I go to the Draft Day Planner, it doesn't show any players for any picks after Round 3 Pick 26, even though I have scouted many players with projected and actual rounds later than 3. Any thoughts? (I'm using the latest version of Excel - Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016)

In all honesty the draft day planner sheet is a bit crap. I’m going to try and rewrite for the next version but it doesn’t work well currently. I think it’s because it’s looking at both TVR and projected round and ends up getting confused between the two. But yeah it sucks. Swing and a miss. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
OMN, I have an oddball question here:

I know this sheet is intended to give you fool-proof drafts. I'm wondering, whoever, if it's possible anywhere in the sheet to introduce some hidden variance/room for error in the calculation of the True Value/overall ranking.

In other words, is it possible to build some extra risk/bust potential into the sheet?

The reason I ask is that I've been trying to replicate the real-life phenomenon of scouting a guy hard but having a pretty reasonable shot of missing, despite the effort.

In-game, if you scout all the traits, you can never draft a player under 70 until the end of the draft. If you scout only 1-2 traits, you introduce more risk, but in a way that feels silly to me, like playing a game one-handed.

I'd kind of like to be able to take things out of my hands a bit, scout hard, input the data, and go by a big board compiled by my "scouting department" that has some variability built in regarding the accuracy of the reports.

If this is a totally insane or idiosyncratic request, please disregard, but I'm wondering if others are interested in something similar and if it could be done with relative ease by someone with your expertise.

No plans to do that and it would be quite hard for me to do. Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzy25
I got a Trey Wingo Tweet about a Running Back.

Incredible Wheels on Miles Ecker. 40 Time off the Charts! His 40 was 4.59...not really off the charts.... What draft story would go with this??

Above Average Combine

Draft Stock Rises

Draft Stock Skyrockets

Great Combine

Top Combine performer

Its hard enough to pick even if his 40 was really off the charts but with it being about average any clue as to what to pick here?

What was his previous projected round? What is it now? This is the only way you’re going to be able to tell for sure, but I’d say it’s likely to be either above average combine or great combine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzy25
OMN, Love this tool its fantastic. Really love the concept of the Top Players at Each position and Draft Day Planner tabs.

I just have one suggestion to improve it but I am no expert at excel so I am not sure if its even possible. Is there a way to have those two tabs update as your putting X's next to players drafted? That way when you get to your pick it an accurate Top players remaining and draft day planner who is currently the best pick available when you're actually at your pick?

Yeah this is possible. Good suggestion.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 12-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #94
Rookie

I actually haven't done a normal draft in this year's Madden yet, haven't played much at all in offline franchise and the online one I'm in we used a created class for the first year.

I saw your Scouting Guide steps guide - so you scout the top 50 players all 3 attributes no matter what? Or do you only scout all 3 if they are still a potential blue chipper? (Or are you saying basically everyone in the top 50 is a potential blue chipper now?)

What you propose now is actually fairly close to how I scouted last year except that I only did the first round (rather than the top 50) before the combine. Everyone else only had 1 (or possibly 2 if I had leftover points I had to use) attributes scouted. But yeah concentrating on the younger players over the old after the 1st round is smart IMO because you simply can't scout everyone (which I think is not that realistic, I think in today's day and age they have info on EVERYONE it's just how good a particular team's scouting department is at assessing the talent)

Which brings me to another general point - really you should just hire some scouting agencies and a head scout, and they just give you scouting reports in this game.

It's not like a coach in real life is actually doing much of the real scouting, that is why the NFL has personnel departments to do that stuff.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:41 PM   #95
Rookie

mnAD28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
In all honesty the draft day planner sheet is a bit crap. I’m going to try and rewrite for the next version but it doesn’t work well currently. I think it’s because it’s looking at both TVR and projected round and ends up getting confused between the two. But yeah it sucks. Swing and a miss. Sorry.
Not a problem, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. Those types of things are hard regardless as you never know how the draft will go anyways. Still appreciate your hard work and loved my draft class with using this tool!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #96
Rookie

Thanks for this. But I can't modify the Google sheet, I don't have the permission. Could you give this permissions please ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »