Home

New CPU Drafting Logic

This is a discussion on New CPU Drafting Logic within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2018, 03:39 PM   #17
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New CPU Drafting Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
The logic is already in Madden now via each coach’s/team profile makeup.

Some coach’s/team AI logic will build...
1) via draft
2) through FA
3) via trades

There’s also an additional logic layer with players being designated as...
1) Tradable
2) Non Tradable

And another Career Phase layer of
1) Incline
2) Decline

And another Injury Implication layer incorporating
1) Injury Severity impacting declined ratings

etc, the coach/team AI Logic incorporates to produce variable decision making outcomes (ie Jon Gruden decisions) during a Franchise.

Two things prevent these aspects from known/seen in most CFM’s being played.
1) Default rosters ratings are not in-line with the generated levels of rookies, which causes these aspects to operate off balanced in relation the high rated roster.

2) Folks quickly calling it broke and useless because it’s not done the way they think it should be done and/or simply don’t know what’s all in a Franchise.

- most people don’t even have a clue about the independent Team building profiles in each coach’s profile, let alone Trade Clauses, Career Phases for each player.

Can’t get this information out though because a lot of voices claiming to be Franchise heads would rather spend their time noting their same displeasures year after year in every thread they visit.

It’s already there.
So where exactly is all this stuff you speak of? I'm an owner of two teams, don't see any of these options any here in the game.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:06 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
So where exactly is all this stuff you speak of? I'm an owner of two teams, don't see any of these options any here in the game.
Use a Hex or PC version, you’ll see it.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:05 PM   #19
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Use a Hex or PC version, you’ll see it.
Well I'm not going to go buy the PC version since I play on PS4, it won't do me any good. What is a hex?
Old 11-10-2018, 12:59 AM   #20
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Just did a draft in my franchise and I was extremely disappointed. The only trades where the two trades I made. At least in previous Madden's there would be trades during the draft.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 11-11-2018, 02:27 AM   #21
Rookie

I decided to test out how much the draft board affected how the cpu drafts. I switched most of the 1st rd talent into random projected draft spots. For example I put Bosa in rd 7 and a 68 OVR as the top player available. The CPU skipped over all the bad players I moved into rd 1 and took solid players. However the studs I moved (Bosa, Oliver, Herbert, Williams etc) all lasted into there new projected rounds. It’s like the CPU is smart enough to avoid busts but not smart enough to jump on a steal early.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2018, 08:34 AM   #22
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebraska133
I decided to test out how much the draft board affected how the cpu drafts. I switched most of the 1st rd talent into random projected draft spots. For example I put Bosa in rd 7 and a 68 OVR as the top player available. The CPU skipped over all the bad players I moved into rd 1 and took solid players. However the studs I moved (Bosa, Oliver, Herbert, Williams etc) all lasted into there new projected rounds. It’s like the CPU is smart enough to avoid busts but not smart enough to jump on a steal early.

Interesting, I didn't think to try that out. Did you notice QB's getting taken real late? In the last draft I did the first QB didn't come off of the board until the 3rd round and there were 3 or 4 legit 1st round prospects in that draft with star or superstar dev.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 19

Remember the terms “Robo QB” and “Psych DB”?

These where affixed to an AI programmed at a level to challenge gamers because the outcry was (still is) it’s not challenging enough.

So now you want the AI to Draft all the best players no matter where they may be at in the Draft Class?
- it is after all, a computer

I did this for the PC as a test, and it’s not fun in no way.
- Completely removed the desire for me as an end user to utilize the Draft and the mechanism (scouting etc) linked to it.

At the end of the day, the game has to be programmed so that the end user can have some form of “equal” interaction with the AI.

Also, 99.9% of it has to do with Name Recognition, sim 15 yrs and cycle these players out of the league, and you’re at the point of not knowing who is a top player and where the AI should be drafting them etc.

***Stay out of editing the Draft Class***
Once you see what ratings players are, it’s a done deal simply because you know with Name Recognition again being established.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Interesting, I didn't think to try that out. Did you notice QB's getting taken real late? In the last draft I did the first QB didn't come off of the board until the 3rd round and there were 3 or 4 legit 1st round prospects in that draft with star or superstar dev.

Lock of MIZZ went in the middle of rd 1. The next QB taken was in rd 3. For the most part I was okay with where they landed. I had a draft where I drafted the top 2 QBs in rd 3 and in rd 4 because they were still available. Sometimes they fall, sometimes they don’t.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »