Home

Give us the option to revert back to previous patches

This is a discussion on Give us the option to revert back to previous patches within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2018, 02:57 AM   #1
Banned

SportzMan69's Arena

OVR: 0
Give us the option to revert back to previous patches

It's time for this feature to be in the game. I'm sick of this game just getting worse and worse with each patch year after year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2018, 03:25 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Give us the option to revert back to previous patches

Don't get your hopes up, because this won't happen.

Madden is both an online service and a competitive e-sport, and everyone has to be on the same version of the game to ensure a fair playing field.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:12 AM   #3
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

Madden is both an online service and a competitive e-sport, and everyone has to be on the same version of the game to ensure a fair playing field.
but what if you can revert to older patches for offline use only? meaning if you want to play offline cfm you can. and if you want to play online h2h you reinstall new patch?
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

https://www.twitch.tv/coastiemike918
Old 10-20-2018, 09:52 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

What would make sense to me is if EA delivered game-breaking bug fixes and cosmetic additions in the form of a patch, while all gameplay changes could be released as an optional tuner download. This would ensure that folks who play offline with a good slider set working, would not be subject to having to constantly tweak their settings.

You're "fair playing field" absolutely makes sense for online gamers, but my point here is that those of us who enjoy the offline experience should not be forced into constant changes we may not want.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:24 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Someone told me that the EA hockey game has this functionality. Is that correct? If so, I don't see why Madden can't incorporate existing features within the company's other games.

I get that the offline constituency is small, but incorporating this feature would serve that constituency well, so I'd love to see it included in Madden.

They're doing relatively well this year with the patches, but they have a track record going back a few years of dropping a patches that create serious problems for offline CFM folks, forcing us to shelve the game for a few months till things get fixed. I'd love it if that weren't the case, and support for a choose-your-own-version would be a great help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2018, 10:38 AM   #6
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Someone told me that the EA hockey game has this functionality. Is that correct? If so, I don't see why Madden can't incorporate existing features within the company's other games.

I get that the offline constituency is small, but incorporating this feature would serve that constituency well, so I'd love to see it included in Madden.

They're doing relatively well this year with the patches, but they have a track record going back a few years of dropping a patches that create serious problems for offline CFM folks, forcing us to shelve the game for a few months till things get fixed. I'd love it if that weren't the case, and support for a choose-your-own-version would be a great help.
I haven't played EA hockey in 3 years, but you were able to choose what patch.
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

https://www.twitch.tv/coastiemike918
Old 10-20-2018, 06:53 PM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

According to some key pro Madden players, they are not happy with the game at this point. Am interested in seeing how EA/Tib responds to popular players opposition to how the game is evolving this season.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:13 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
According to some key pro Madden players, they are not happy with the game at this point. Am interested in seeing how EA/Tib responds to popular players opposition to how the game is evolving this season.
What are their main issues?

I find that interesting, as I’m happier with Madden than I’ve been in a long time. I wonder if it’s different interests and needs for different groups or if I’m missing something. I mean, the game’s not perfect, but I’m loving it, personally. I think each patch has moved the game forward, more or less, and I don’t necessarily want to go backward at this point to an earlier version, though I would still like the option to do so in the event that they drop a patch that inadvertently breaks something major.

I’d love to know more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »