Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2018, 09:24 AM   #1
MVP
 
PhillyPhanatic14's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ocean City, MD
Play Action Passes Broken?

Has anyone else noticed that on every single PA pass the DE's magically wrap around the offensive tackles? It happens on every PA pass i've tried in multiple playbooks and the ratings of the o line and d line have nothing to do with it. Sometimes keeping a TE in will help, but usually that just makes the tackle stand there and do nothing.



Sorry if there's already a thread about this... My search function isn't working and I didn't see anything when making the title.
PhillyPhanatic14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2018, 09:42 AM   #2
Rookie
 
cuoreceltico's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2015
Re: Play Action Passes Broken?

I understand your frustration, Hb Split screen are on the same boat, for the PA helps me quite a lot to raise high the passin blocking slider, false start and offensive holding too. Hope that helps you too.
__________________
Why so serious??
cuoreceltico is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:45 AM   #3
MVP
 
PhillyPhanatic14's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ocean City, MD
Re: Play Action Passes Broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuoreceltico
I understand your frustration, Hb Split screen are on the same boat, for the PA helps me quite a lot to raise high the passin blocking slider, false start and offensive holding too. Hope that helps you too.

Thanks man i'll try it out. I didn't mind it when my tackles were in the mid-70's but now i've got them both in the 90's and i don't understand how it's still a thing other than it being a bug. Maybe that big patch they're hyping up will fix it.
PhillyPhanatic14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:50 AM   #4
Banned
 
Dittohead's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2018
Re: Play Action Passes Broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Has anyone else noticed that on every single PA pass the DE's magically wrap around the offensive tackles? It happens on every PA pass i've tried in multiple playbooks and the ratings of the o line and d line have nothing to do with it. Sometimes keeping a TE in will help, but usually that just makes the tackle stand there and do nothing.



Sorry if there's already a thread about this... My search function isn't working and I didn't see anything when making the title.



I'm at the point I honestly rarely call them. The predictability of PA and screen plays being utter garbage kills immersion.
Dittohead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:26 AM   #5
Rookie
 
GoBlue7's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2009
Re: Play Action Passes Broken?

A lot of the play action plays seem to result in the d-line getting right onto the qb. In one of my franchise files, I am playing with the Packers (3-3) and just lost Aaron Rodgers to another broken collarbone off of a hit from a play action pass.

Overall, the screen pass is pretty bad this year. Although recently it has seemed to be a bit better. Typically the D-Line is all over the running back out of the backfield and hits them for a loss.
GoBlue7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2018, 11:35 AM   #6
MVP
 
Shosum13's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Re: Play Action Passes Broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue7
A lot of the play action plays seem to result in the d-line getting right onto the qb. In one of my franchise files, I am playing with the Packers (3-3) and just lost Aaron Rodgers to another broken collarbone off of a hit from a play action pass.

Overall, the screen pass is pretty bad this year. Although recently it has seemed to be a bit better. Typically the D-Line is all over the running back out of the backfield and hits them for a loss.
I have way more success with play action passes then I do screen passes. I do agree that there are some issues with the play action passes but HB screens for me have been unusable. My blockers always let a defender or two just run my them with no attempts at making a block resulting in my RB getting tackled for a loss every time. I have had some some success with different WR screens.
Shosum13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #7
Rookie
 
GoBlue7's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2009
Re: Play Action Passes Broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
I have way more success with play action passes then I do screen passes. I do agree that there are some issues with the play action passes but HB screens for me have been unusable. My blockers always let a defender or two just run my them with no attempts at making a block resulting in my RB getting tackled for a loss every time. I have had some some success with different WR screens.
My biggest issue with play action has been on PA Slide plays or plays where the QB rolls out. That seems to be an automatic sack almost every time. I have had some success with standard PA where I have time to throw it.
GoBlue7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #8
Rookie
 
cuoreceltico's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2015
Re: Play Action Passes Broken?

Yes, PA roolout are near automatic sacks play, and hb screens are ugly, they works pretty good in 18, i don't know why this year are broken, hope the next patch fix PA blocking and hb screen too
__________________
Why so serious??
cuoreceltico is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 AM.

Top -