Home

Help me, I suck.

This is a discussion on Help me, I suck. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Help me, I suck.

So I basically play almost every sports game on the hardest difficulty, and usually I pick them up fairly quickly. I bought Madden 19 a few days ago, I like it alot, and I understand that you can't be a god right away. But I can't for the life of me get a win on the Pro difficulty. The rookie difficulty is too easy, and I score 50-10 every time. Defense I have no problem, but on the offense i'm really struggling. I'm having a hard time finding people open, and I make incomplete passes all the time. And I suck so bad that I get the ball intercepted almost every offensive play I have.

So I need some tips from you guys! I use the coach suggestive plays, should I go for some specific plays? I'm also really new to NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2018, 02:22 PM   #2
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Help me, I suck.

Under the exhibition menu play the different skills trainer drills offered, they will help you better understand the game. They have the basic drills to understand the basic controls and mechanics but it sounds like you've been playing a decent amount so you know those. But go in and play the different run concept drills, pass concept drills and attacking coverages drills. Those will help you better understand things like purpose of a lot of the running and passing concepts in the game, how to read and recognize coverages and where the weaknesses are in those coverages. Same with the run defense and pass defense drills, after playing through a lot of these drills you will have a better understanding of the game.

Especially being new to the NFL, these will help a lot with your understanding of the game. After playing through these drills I would recommend selecting your own plays from either the formations menu or the concepts menu once you have a better understanding of the fundamentals.

Last edited by Shosum13; 12-19-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:36 PM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Awesome response Shosum13! I was going to write something very similar when I had a chance.

To the OP, I 100% agree with that advice. The skills trainer is pretty well done compared to most sports games.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-19-2018, 02:43 PM   #4
Rookie

Alright, i'll try that! Just have to keep grinding
Old 12-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #5
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Awesome response Shosum13! I was going to write something very similar when I had a chance.

To the OP, I 100% agree with that advice. The skills trainer is pretty well done compared to most sports games.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

One of the only things that madden does better than most sports titles. Most sports titles have training modes that teach you the basic mechanics and controls, but maddens skills trainer also teaches you the basic concepts and philosophies of the sport itself.

If you are new to the NFL this also may make your viewing experience more enjoyable because it will help you better understand the game in general.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #6
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Playing through the entire skills trainer made a huge difference for me. You will be crushing Pro level after you complete the skills trainer for sure.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:30 PM   #7
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Playing through the entire skills trainer made a huge difference for me. You will be crushing Pro level after you complete the skills trainer for sure.

Especially on offense, it will teach you to read different coverages and alignments and understand where the weak points of each are.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:26 AM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClichE_UFC
So I basically play almost every sports game on the hardest difficulty, and usually I pick them up fairly quickly. I bought Madden 19 a few days ago, I like it alot, and I understand that you can't be a god right away. But I can't for the life of me get a win on the Pro difficulty. The rookie difficulty is too easy, and I score 50-10 every time. Defense I have no problem, but on the offense i'm really struggling. I'm having a hard time finding people open, and I make incomplete passes all the time. And I suck so bad that I get the ball intercepted almost every offensive play I have.

So I need some tips from you guys! I use the coach suggestive plays, should I go for some specific plays? I'm also really new to NFL.

If you have trouble reading coverage, try more empty formations, as they spread things out and to a certain extent force the defense to declare its coverage (but remember you have to rid of it quickly). Also, having a good running game does help the passing game.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »