Home

Madden NFL 19 Patch 1.21 Available - Addresses Falling Forward Issue

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Patch 1.21 Available - Addresses Falling Forward Issue within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2019, 01:54 PM   #57
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 19 Patch 1.21 Available - Addresses Falling Forward Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Well again if you are just playing CPU vs CPU it plays different. It's not that we don't want realistic football, because it isn't when you are playing the game before this patch.
Play a game as a user to see how different it is.

Not sure why some just like to watch but to each their own.
You are not sure why? Why is it allowed in the game?
Old 03-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1

The bug that no one I can see is talking about that should've been fixed, is the accuracy of the curl route over the middle of the field.

It is almost always an inaccurate, or intercepted pass straight to the defender.

I first noticed it when they dropped one of the previous patches, and hasn't been addressed, or fixed yet. How can you have a route in the game, that is un-usable/throwable?

Edit: Also, playing a game right now, and just ran into the CPU RB getting thrown down by one of my defenders and the play wasn't whistled dead. RB gets back up, and I have to tackle him again. Wasn't this supposed to be fixed!?

Last edited by Nickda55; 03-15-2019 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:04 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
This is why the animation was more realistic. The animation we see now has never happened to Elliot, Lynch, or Peterson. Gronk should never be slammed backwards with full momentum going against a 5 8 DB.

You cant even squint your eyes to make it seem right, it physically is IMPOSSIBLE. At least the fight for extra yards you can squint your eyes and view it as a QB fighting for every yard. Also i had not seen this animation the way yall are saying it happens. It happens like maybe once a game. Probably more for players because they are slamming the joy stick up every play to get more yards which i assume triggers this animation more. But the CPU on all pro is realistic with the ammount it is triggered. They should at least leave it on patch 20 for sim players and yall can have your mega tackling so its "fair" online. But sim fans deserve to have running backs playing "live"

This game is so awful it’s dividing the community even further. So many valid points on both sides. I’m not sure this game/company can generate realistic collisions. Which is bizarre because the older games had problems but not to this degree.

I use the Seahawks primarily and before the patch players like Chris Carson were useless. Getting flattened by cornerbacks and flat footed lineman is unbelievably frustrating. Wtf happened you used to be able to run on 3rd and 3? There’s no push and then add the diving shoestring tackles and you have to go untouched to gain any rushing yards. Man this game gets me hot. If you enjoy no disrespect but it’s not fun to me.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 03-15-2019, 06:25 PM   #60
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Madden NFL 19 Patch 1.21 Available - Addresses Falling Forward Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
If you like the animations better then say so, but M17 did NOT have a physics engine. Stop gas lighting the forum.

I. It had rag doll. That’s what I call physics.
It was removed. If you can’t see the difference not my problem.

See how the ball carrier react to the 2nd and 3rd tackle And 2019 once the animation trigger there are no new reaction.

https://youtu.be/EFXjxsImhKc

https://youtu.be/awGdARrA3zw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by booker21; 03-15-2019 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:48 PM   #61
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Played 4 games now.

I think it's balanced better now. Yes your RB gets stonewalled at times but you also get a push forward other times so I think it's an improvement.

Frankly it was too easy to run the ball with the always fall forward happening so I'm good with this.

Now to fix the all too often blocked kicks and terrible pass blocking

Last edited by Rayzaa; 03-15-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2019, 07:34 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I. It had rag doll. That’s what I call physics.
It was removed. If you can’t see the difference not my problem.

See how the ball carrier react to the 2nd and 3rd tackle And 2019 once the animation trigger there are no new reaction.

https://youtu.be/EFXjxsImhKc

https://youtu.be/awGdARrA3zw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good and fair comparison to the difference in tackling here. I have yet to see more than 2 defenders affect the ballcarrier when colliding in Madden 19. Also, during the attempted tackle animation in Madden 17, the play wasn't always necessarily "over", as the user still had control of player rather than being locked into an animation. It is rare in Madden 19 that once my player is somewhat wrapped up, that I am able to break free.

Really appreciative of the patch. I did not anticipate that it would include any sort of major overall at this late stage. Again, hopefully tackling will be a priority in M20. Thanks again for the videos Book.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:50 PM   #63
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Good and fair comparison to the difference in tackling here. I have yet to see more than 2 defenders affect the ballcarrier when colliding in Madden 19. Also, during the attempted tackle animation in Madden 17, the play wasn't always necessarily "over", as the user still had control of player rather than being locked into an animation. It is rare in Madden 19 that once my player is somewhat wrapped up, that I am able to break free.

Really appreciative of the patch. I did not anticipate that it would include any sort of major overall at this late stage. Again, hopefully tackling will be a priority in M20. Thanks again for the videos Book.
Kinda off the path here, but I believe this is part of the reason why your not seeing more players engaging on tackles. Here is how EA has it set. I have both of these values set at higher values and I'm seeing 3 sometimes even 4 (rare) guys on tackles. These values seem to work like timers. Were they have it set it seems like it doesn't allow enough time for other defenders to get over for gang like tackling.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (13.7 KB, 68 views)

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 03-15-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:03 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Kinda off the path here, but I believe this is part of the reason why your not seeing more players engaging on tackles. Here is how EA has it set. I have both of these values set at higher values and I'm seeing 3 sometimes even 4 (rare) guys on tackles. These values seem to work like timers. Were they have it set it seems like it doesn't allow enough time for other defenders to get over for gang like tackling.
Not off path at all and thanks for sharing Mil. You must be having quite a time with the PC version. I envy you with some of the adjustments you're able to make.

I see 3 or 4 defenders converging on the ballcarrier, but when I view the replay, on 2 players at a time appear to be involved in the tackle.

Again, no way I expected EA to attempt to remedy this with a title update. They did a nice job cleaning up the wonkiness without breaking anything else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »