Home

So this is yalls idea of realistic?

This is a discussion on So this is yalls idea of realistic? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2019, 08:43 AM   #65
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: So this is yalls idea of realistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
I've never bought it every year. I have 17, didn't get 18. Think i went from 08 or 09 and didn't get one til 2013, then to 2017. I do have 2019 but wasnt going to get it. However it was $29.99 after the first month of release so I got it. I usually buy them on eBay when I do get them because they are usually at least $10 cheaper.

2020 I don't plan on getting unless there is some big additions from Duece in his thread.

I don't care about Superstar and stuff like that. Just want better game play, presentation, scouting, relocation updates, contracts with more options like RFA tenders, 5th year options for 1st rounders,etc.... and a refined scheme fit in relation to XP because no teams just have all possession WRs. They have some deep this too.
Madden was the only sports title that I always got yearly, mainly because of what a big NFL fan I am. The show, NHL, and NBA 2K I usually always skip a year or two between purchasing, depends on what features are added and what kind of offseason my favorite teams have had. But enough is enough with Madden, I refuse to give EA sports anymore money until they make drastic improvements to Madden. I know that my money won't even make a dent, but I can't do it anymore.

I've been feeling this way for a while now but always ended up buying it because the NFL season coming up would get me hyped up. This time around though I can't do it, my life is so much busier now that I don't have nearly as much time to play video games so I'm going to be more picky about how I spend my money on them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2019, 09:49 AM   #66
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Madden was the only sports title that I always got yearly, mainly because of what a big NFL fan I am. The show, NHL, and NBA 2K I usually always skip a year or two between purchasing, depends on what features are added and what kind of offseason my favorite teams have had. But enough is enough with Madden, I refuse to give EA sports anymore money until they make drastic improvements to Madden. I know that my money won't even make a dent, but I can't do it anymore.

I've been feeling this way for a while now but always ended up buying it because the NFL season coming up would get me hyped up. This time around though I can't do it, my life is so much busier now that I don't have nearly as much time to play video games so I'm going to be more picky about how I spend my money on them.
This is a great post and if someone doesn't feel Madden is up to par, you should speak with your wallet.

I don't play in user vs user leagues like you do, so, in my user vs cpu world, I can get as much as I can as far as realistic goes out of my experiences with the game. Realistic is a relatively subjective term for everyone and everyone's experiences are different vs the next person based on how they play, etc... I have noticed more outrage on Twitter and that is with the competitive and MUT crowd and they are mostly user vs user leagues, so, that all makes sense.

For instance, in my own user vs cpu world, I never use any of the additional add ons like ball hawk, strafe, etc... as I like to allow the ratings play out vs empowering one side or both sides.

Last edited by roadman; 03-26-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:07 PM   #67
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I fired up the game for the first time in a while so I could DL a roster update and try Le'Veon on the Jets. Every running play I called resulted in this same nonsense. Same old, like the clips shared by OP. Insta-shed then insta-flooring.

I understand not having a realistic, sim game in 2019. That's not where EA's bread is buttered. But how does this stuff fly? How is the online and MUT community not outraged over this? Having dreadful physics or a purely animation-driven game that doesn't factor in player attributes is about as big of a turnoff as you can get in sports gaming.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 03-26-2019, 01:12 PM   #68
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't play in user vs user leagues like you do, so, in my user vs cpu world, I can get as much as I can as far as realistic goes out of my experiences with the game. Realistic is a relatively subjective term for everyone and everyone's experiences are different vs the next person based on how they play, etc... I have noticed more outrage on Twitter and that is with the competitive and MUT crowd and they are mostly user vs user leagues, so, that all makes sense.

For instance, in my own user vs cpu world, I never use any of the additional add ons like ball hawk, strafe, etc... as I like to allow the ratings play out vs empowering one side or both sides.
I play both user vs user and user vs CPU. I play in one user vs user franchise because I enjoy how competitive it is. Especially the offseason when your trying to compete against other users for free agents and drafting against them. I used to be strictly a user vs CPU player like you, but now I do both because I enjoy them for different reasons.

I will say that most of my frustration comes from the user vs user play. User vs CPU with the a good set of sliders actually plays decent this year. I have enough fun in my solo franchises in 19 that unless franchise mode and user vs user play are drastically improved I have no reason to buy 20. To be honest the only reason I really bought 19 was because I was excited about custom draft classes, I was about to sit 19 out too.

Last edited by Shosum13; 03-26-2019 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:39 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 0
So this is yalls idea of realistic?

The game plays great after all the patches with default everything except one slider, 0 THRESHOLD!!! One of the guys that coaches with me is a former LB at Vandy and he told me the same thing. All of his friends played College D1 ball and in their franchise user vs user they play All-Madden Default with 0 threshold! I said this before the threshold killed this franchise years ago. Player speeds should reflect real life accurate distance separation. For those that can’t play with this then maybe you need to check your knowledge of the game! I want to say I am not defending EA at all for their shortcomings but player vs player is pretty decent with All-Madden 0 threshold!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-26-2019, 02:13 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by asantead22
The game plays great after all the patches with default everything except one slider, 0 THRESHOLD!!! One of the guys that coaches with me is a former LB at Vandy and he told me the same thing. All of his friends played College D1 ball and in their franchise user vs user they play All-Madden Default with 0 threshold! I said this before the threshold killed this franchise years ago. Player speeds should reflect real life accurate distance separation. For those that can’t play with this then maybe you need to check your knowledge of the game! I want to say I am not defending EA at all for their shortcomings but player vs player is pretty decent with All-Madden 0 threshold!!!

Threshold can only do so much. If you have zero threshold, that means there is zero filter to bad animations. Meaning, if your DB freezes on a receiver's route, that's a bad animation. With a lower threshold that is further exposed - and becomes less about realism and more about a programming bug.

Take it from someone who absolutely loves lower thresholds, both in NCAA and Madden. I feel threshold separates players not just in speed, but in the freedom of allowing animations to play out. You get some of the cleanest looking animations and physics that NCAA and Madden have to offer. The issue is, the game isn't tested on thresholds at zero - and therefore it doesn't make up for the deficiencies or programming bugs that arise with it.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:50 PM   #71
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asantead22

I agree with this. I've been playing on zero threshold or 1 vs CPU for most of the year & think it plays & looks the best imo. Tried higher over 50 and it feels like everyone is floating around without proper foot planting.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 03-26-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2019, 04:38 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I agree with this. I've been playing on zero threshold or 1 vs CPU for most of the year & think it plays & looks the best imo. Tried higher over 50 and it feels like everyone is floating around without proper foot planting.

100%

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »