Home

Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Changes: Encouraging but We've Been Here Before

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Changes: Encouraging but We've Been Here Before within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2019, 11:10 PM   #33
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Changes: Encouraging but We've Been Here Before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
As fair as that is, the ratings gaps are still the same. A 72 OVR team just doesn't feel as different from a 91 OVR team as much as it does in NCAA and both are EA Games after all. Like I feel I could play Arizona and New England similarly enough with maybe a couple extra drops here and there and maybe a few more missed blocks per game, whereas in NCAA using a team like Akron vs Michigan is a complete night and day experience even if you are playing an equal teams let alone one you massively outclass/massively outclasses you
I would definitely imagine that they employ a different ratings strategy in NCAA titles, whereby a ratings point difference reflects greater into gameplay , to reflect the greater skill gap , without having players rated in single digits .

I was more referring to NFL parity being more responsible for tight games than any imagined "rubberband" programming hidden in maddens coding
Old 05-02-2019, 12:05 AM   #34
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

I think as long as anyone expects a near-perfect "simulation" of NFL football from this game, they will ALWAYS be left wanting. I was guilty of this for years myself. I'd obsess over the little things the game just could NOT get right. Football just has too many moving "pieces" and possible scenarios on EVERY play to get everything even close to correct all the time. Now as long as the animations are fluid, the graphics are great and the franchise mode is shown SOME effort from EA, I will be happy. M20 at least sounds like its moving toward that. I look forward to seeing how it is all coming together over the next 4 months leading up to the release. I love football, so I always purchase at some point, usually used. The best thing that could happen for us Madden gamers is for EA to LOSE the exclusivity contract and have to EARN our money.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-02-2019, 12:30 PM   #35
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
The best thing that could happen for us Madden gamers is for EA to LOSE the exclusivity contract and have to EARN our money.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Operation Sports mobile app
You had me up to that point.

The latest interview from Rex mentioned the high start-up cost of not only the exclusive contract, but high cost of operation from the beginning.

Plus, Madden and the NFL have had a bonding business relationship for quite awhile. A lot of people have been talking with their wallets for 13 years, but we are still at the same point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 12:39 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 0

My national past time, coming to this forum and read all the comments of the optimist. I'm just going to call you guys "Bill Murrays" because y'all are in an never ending loop of Ground Hog day. Talking about you don't care about crowds in 2019 LMAO. And oh yes, just like Jesse Jackson "keep hope alive".
Old 05-02-2019, 01:00 PM   #37
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You had me up to that point.

The latest interview from Rex mentioned the high start-up cost of not only the exclusive contract, but high cost of operation from the beginning.

Plus, Madden and the NFL have had a bonding business relationship for quite awhile. A lot of people have been talking with their wallets for 13 years, but we are still at the same point.
Yea, I think our best hope for another football title would be for a smaller developer to make an unlicensed game. To do well though it would need a full blown editor where you can change every aspect to replicate whatever league you wanted.

That or if or when all of this NCAA stuff clears up someone could decide to bring back a licensed NCAA title. Unfortunately if that scenario were to happen I still think EA sports would be our best chance of getting a decent game. At least while it is flawed they already have an engine in place for a football game. I know a lot of people would love for 2k to get back in to the football game but after they dropped their MLB title they don't seem to have an interest in making any sports titles other than the NBA and WWE. Unless their was a scenario similar to the golf club which 2K sports picked up where an independent studio developed a good basis for a football game and they pick them up.

As much as I don't like it because I'm tired of EA and Madden, they are probably our best chance at a decent football title right now. All we can do is hope they come through with Madden 20.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Shosum13; 05-02-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:51 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Yea, I think our best hope for another football title would be for a smaller developer to make an unlicensed game. To do well though it would need a full blown editor where you can change every aspect to replicate whatever league you wanted.

That or if or when all of this NCAA stuff clears up someone could decide to bring back a licensed NCAA title. Unfortunately if that scenario were to happen I still think EA sports would be our best chance of getting a decent game. At least while it is flawed they already have an engine in place for a football game. I know a lot of people would love for 2k to get back in to the football game but after they dropped their MLB title they don't seem to have an interest in making any sports titles other than the NBA and WWE. Unless their was a scenario similar to the golf club which 2K sports picked up where an independent studio developed a good basis for a football game and they pick them up.

As much as I don't like it because I'm tired of EA and Madden, they are probably our best chance at a decent football title right now. All we can do is hope they come through with Madden 20.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Even if an unlicensed game was great quality, I still doubt it would last just because unlicensed games don't sell well. Casual gamers want to see the brand and actual players without going through downloading the perfect roster. The only positive is that the social media era helps it be easier to promote games. If a game with NFL legends couldn't make it to year 2, I could imagine it being hard for a regular unlicensed game.
I would love to see a return of NCAA. I'm even trying to get NCAA 14 again without paying too much. But NCAA games don't traditionally sell well. There's a reason NCAA Basketball games stopped before the likeness issues took off. I can see it eventually returning but mainly for them wanting more revenue
Old 05-05-2019, 05:19 PM   #39
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Who misses weapons? Maybe superstar X is like that in ways...

Last edited by GisherJohn24; 05-05-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:21 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Even if an unlicensed game was great quality, I still doubt it would last just because unlicensed games don't sell well. Casual gamers want to see the brand and actual players without going through downloading the perfect roster. The only positive is that the social media era helps it be easier to promote games. If a game with NFL legends couldn't make it to year 2, I could imagine it being hard for a regular unlicensed game.

I would love to see a return of NCAA. I'm even trying to get NCAA 14 again without paying too much. But NCAA games don't traditionally sell well. There's a reason NCAA Basketball games stopped before the likeness issues took off. I can see it eventually returning but mainly for them wanting more revenue

EA's college football game sold really well. It didn't stop being sold for any reason to do with lack of sales, I fact it did so well that EA tried to license individual schools and keep it going but ultimately weren't able to get enough on board to make it worthwhile.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »