Home

Madden 20 Player Ratings Will Be Much Different Than Before by StickSkillz

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Player Ratings Will Be Much Different Than Before by StickSkillz within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2019, 10:02 PM   #17
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 20 Player Ratings Will Be Much Different Than Before by StickSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I just hope they stick to it and don’t end up changing it back after having players complain about their rating. Also will generated draft classes be tuned to the new player ratings?
Agreed. This is the kink in the ratings being lower. What will the players say or tweet? Rating is a pretty big deal to most of them. Maybe not as big of a deal as in Bball but it something to keep and eye on in July.

My hope is the Devs stick the Vision for 20.

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 05-02-2019, 10:03 PM   #18
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Rookies are going to come in lower to fit the new upgrades, putting 2 & 2 together. So they have a "longer runway" and not hit the ceiling right away.

Playing:
Old 05-02-2019, 10:05 PM   #19
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoZack
Agreed. This is the kink in the ratings being lower. What will the players say or tweet? Rating is a pretty big deal to most of them. Maybe not as big of a deal as in Bball but it something to keep and eye on in July.

My hope is the Devs stick the Vision for 20.
I don't think that will be the case. The well established players are going to have a higher rating already. Plus EA has a thing called a rating review now. leonard fournette cried like a baby last yr and EA didn't budge that I noticed.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-02-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:06 PM   #20
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Rookies are going to come in lower to fit the new upgrades, putting 2 & 2 together. So they have a "longer runway" and not hit the ceiling right away.
Daniel Jones will be a 4. LOL

Old 05-02-2019, 10:07 PM   #21
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I don't think that will be the case. The well established players are going to have a higher rating already. Plus EA has a thing called a rating review now.
Sweet. This pleases me. I'm ready to hop on the sticks. So much excellent info and super early too. I dig it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 10:23 PM   #22
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

This is great news. It will help good players stand out.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:48 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

This could be huge for playing against CPU. This should help differentiate players. If they can spread them out and game play is solid, it will take gameplay to next level. There could be a big difference playing against CPU QBs. It could be a huge difference between playing a 93+ Tom Brady/Mahomes and a 60-70 Eli/Colt McCoy. That could be huge for Franchise because games shouldn't feel the same.

I think the overall ratings spread is possible due to them possibly spreading out positional ratings. I don't think we're going to see many players with 85+ positional ratings. For example, we aren't going to see many QBs with Throw Power over 88+ or CBs with 80+ Man Coverage. I think this is a great idea. For so long so many players had positional ratings so close to each other, that you didn't see any difference.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:59 PM   #24
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
This could be huge for playing against CPU. This should help differentiate players. If they can spread them out and game play is solid, it will take gameplay to next level. There could be a big difference playing against CPU QBs. It could be a huge difference between playing a 93+ Tom Brady/Mahomes and a 60-70 Eli/Colt McCoy. That could be huge for Franchise because games shouldn't feel the same.

I think the overall ratings spread is possible due to them possibly spreading out positional ratings. I don't think we're going to see many players with 85+ positional ratings. For example, we aren't going to see many QBs with Throw Power over 88+ or CBs with 80+ Man Coverage. I think this is a great idea. For so long so many players had positional ratings so close to each other, that you didn't see any difference.

Yeesh. I would LOVE to see a cb with 80+ man coverage in madden 19. Lol. I seriously have spent my entire franchise trying to draft a sick cb. I’m 10 seasons in, and still haven’t seen one in the draft. Lol. Even when there’s a slightly cb heavy draft, the best guy I’ve seen might’ve had a B for man and a B- for zone or something.

I don’t think there should be any cb with less than an 80 man coverage, honestly. No cb should be drafted with less than 80 man, irl, imo. That’s what cbs do, they cover. 70-80 man cover is for elite pass coverage LBs. There should be a difference between a cb with 80, 85, 90, 95, and 99. U know? Those would be my 5 tiers, so to speak, to differentiate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »