Home

M20 Contracts

This is a discussion on M20 Contracts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2019, 01:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
M20 Contracts

They mentioned reworking how player contracts work in franchise but I haven't seen anything mention about 1st round Draft picks either getting 5 year deals right off the bat, or if they are able to implement the 5th year option some how, either way 1st round picks shouldnt be getting a 4 year contract like everyone else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2019, 01:21 PM   #2
MVP

Re: M20 Contracts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzy25
They mentioned reworking how player contracts work in franchise but I haven't seen anything mention about 1st round Draft picks either getting 5 year deals right off the bat, or if they are able to implement the 5th year option some how, either way 1st round picks shouldnt be getting a 4 year contract like everyone else.
My understanding is they didn't change the management side, more the starting contracts and also the contracts players ask for. There is less room to be able to trick players into resigning below value now. You won't be able to get that young star coming off his rookie contract for cheap anymore, they know their value better now.

Last edited by T4VERTS; 05-03-2019 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:25 PM   #3
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
My understanding is they didn't change the management side, more the starting contracts and also the contracts players ask for. There is less room to be able to trick players into resigning below value now. You won't be able to get that young star coming off his rookie contract for cheap anymore, the know their value better now.
I hope it's more than that. While improving the logic is appreciated, those guys on the stream were using words like "re-done" or "authentic" and along those lines.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:00 PM   #4
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
My understanding is they didn't change the management side, more the starting contracts and also the contracts players ask for. There is less room to be able to trick players into resigning below value now. You won't be able to get that young star coming off his rookie contract for cheap anymore, they know their value better now.
This change alone could be huge for franchise. Teams can no longer just re-sign all of their top players at every position. You may now have to make some tough decisions and we may finally see a much more talented free agency pool some years. I just hope for solo franchises they have some kind of logic in place for how the CPU teams make these tough decisions. Some kind of logic where they evaluate based on depth at each position, next player in line on the depth chart and what that person's contract situation is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2019, 02:19 PM   #5
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Of course I want a better contract system in place with RFA, 5th year options, and the choice to distribute the contracts how you want. But I feel like if they nail down the changes that they talked about in the stream this could be a good start towards finally getting a legit contract system.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I got the impression that this year is more about fixing legacy issues with franchise like ratings and contracts and cleaning up the interface, while implementing the couple new features they showed us. Then in the future this will give them a good starting point to perform a major overhaul of franchise. Let's just hope they come through on their work and continue in to Madden 21 and 22 with this focus.

Now 20 is still not a purchase for me as of right now. This year I'm going to wait until the game comes out and give it a while to hear back on how the new features work. But if they implement these changes well that have been discussed it could go a long way in to gaining my trust back in EA for football games.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2019, 04:31 PM   #6
Just started!

Icon6 Re: M20 Contracts

I want to know more about this feature like front loading contracts and player contract options and draft tendering and veteran players who can be cut do to contracts
Old 05-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #7
Pro

Based on the information recently released, they are simply replicating real life contracts into madden as a means of making it more challenging. That's all fine and good but here's my question:

What happens in year 5? Year 10? of franchise? It's very easy to make Patrick Mahomes' or Eli Manning's contract real, but what about in year 7 when I draft Byung-Hyun O'Shaughnessy out of Drake University with the first pick who develops into a 95 QB... will he sign for 7 years/$85M like they do now?

Maybe EA is stepping up their contracts to put them on par with other sports games, but based on what I've read, all they are doing is making them more in line w/ real contracts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzy25
Old 05-07-2019, 02:29 PM   #8
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

It’s nice they are looking at contracts but if players don’t ask for more money when trying to re-sign/sign a player then it’s all for nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »