Home

Gridiron Notes : Gameplay Updates is out

This is a discussion on Gridiron Notes : Gameplay Updates is out within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2019, 02:22 PM   #17
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Gridiron Notes : Gameplay Updates is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
i get what your saying, and for the record im not salty i was in the beta last year ( and not buy being the first to type in a code they posted). I just think the way they go about it is kinda lame. You basically have to sit around on twitter all day and refresh constantly to be able to get a code from the way they did it.

As an online comish, i strongly feel they do not include online commisioners enough in their testing . Every time something new is added , i and many others i know and talk to immediatley see possible issues and want to know how they are handled in game.Doing it for 9 years straight now , kinda gives me and others immeditate insight on how things that are added can effect an online league. Online leagues are a different beast than offline and i personally would like to see more long time running online commisioners involved in ths process quite frankly.

In reality , i feel it should simply be an open beta. Like most games that do betas have. You get the feedback of your entire core of types of players that way. But then again they would have to figure out how to actually make arcade, comp and sim really be tuned and play totally different according to each styles wants, which i dont ever see happening really.
I agree with most of everything you said and think it's on point. I wasn't saying you personally were salty, but just reading thru past posts from ppl blaming the beta testers. Like giving the impression the wrong ppl got the codes & if they got in it would of changed the landscape of M19 lol. I just think it's EA way of giving the casuals the opportunity to participate not sure how else u would do it, unless u did some random email drawing. Lucky I wasn't one of those ppl scouring for a beta code. We only can leave feedback and it's up to EA to use it or not at the end of the day. To be honest it was a great marketing idea, got ppl buzzing & interested in the game.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-26-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:51 PM   #18
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

We know that the way that Madden is marketed is not going to go over well with most of us here, whether it's not showing gameplay before EA Play, using RPG terms like "loadout" or "boss battles", or turning the end of the Beta into a randomized free for all. The design, implementation, and tuning of gameplay and Franchise elements is all that matters.

We don't know most of what legacy issues were addressed, but the main thing for me is that the Beta participants don't convince them to reinstated the super User controlled defenders or water down the pass rush again.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:41 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
We know that the way that Madden is marketed is not going to go over well with most of us here, whether it's not showing gameplay before EA Play, using RPG terms like "loadout" or "boss battles", or turning the end of the Beta into a randomized free for all. The design, implementation, and tuning of gameplay and Franchise elements is all that matters.

We don't know most of what legacy issues were addressed, but the main thing for me is that the Beta participants don't convince them to reinstated the super User controlled defenders or water down the pass rush again.
Well said.

As a 100% offline gamer, i’m back to buying the disk for the console.

Outside of any major bugs that would affect my experience (which rarely there are) release day version is usually the best the games going to be before going down the rabbit hole with them of trying to fix the unintended negative issues the update/patch/tuner created.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:07 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0

They talked about throwing with linemen downfield will result in Ineligible Man Downfield penalty. What about one screen plays when the pass stays behind the LOS? Will the game recognize that and withhold the penalty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2019, 11:46 AM   #21
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
They talked about throwing with linemen downfield will result in Ineligible Man Downfield penalty. What about one screen plays when the pass stays behind the LOS? Will the game recognize that and withhold the penalty?

I believe this comment they made was limited strictly to RPOs . They said that when you run an RPO in madden the Oline will be "set" in run blocking mode. Thus if you take too long to throw they will be running upfield blocking and that will result in the new penalty.

I do not think it will matter , based on how they said it, on screens or passes behind the line.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2019, 01:31 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
I believe this comment they made was limited strictly to RPOs . They said that when you run an RPO in madden the Oline will be "set" in run blocking mode. Thus if you take too long to throw they will be running upfield blocking and that will result in the new penalty.

I do not think it will matter , based on how they said it, on screens or passes behind the line.

That was kind of my point to the question tho. You can take as long as you want and the linemen get as far downfield as they want, as long as the ball is thrown behind the LOS. So I’m wondering if the game will reflect that, or simply see a linemen downfield at the time of the pass and call it a penalty, regardless of the real world legality of the throw.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:03 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
It is difficult to sell player cards for defensive and offensive line players when they do not matter. Also goes for OLBs in a 3-4.

The NFL draft saw a plethora of pass rushers go in the early rounds, and in Madden, it is not worth it. Better off drafting a kicker in the 1st round than a rusher, or even run stuffer.

and to top it off, I can run 3-3-5 odd against run formations, and win.
If you have stout enough players on the front I don't see why playing 3-3-5 Odd against any sort of 3 TE or 2 RB set should even be an issue. There are plenty of teams in the real NFL that are playing Nickel all or almost all game.

Slot CB's run support abilities (even from mediocre players, so long as they are fast) is more of an issue than the line being able to get sheds from these formations.

Also if you were in a Madden fantasy draft and were told you had to take either a pass rushing OLB or a K with your first pick we all know you're aren't taking the K.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:08 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

I'm sure they are going to tone down ball hawk especially since it's coming back to tournament play.

At the same time I would be shocked if the pass rush is as fierce in the next game. Very few seemed to like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »