Home

Madden 20 Visionary vs Juju (offscreen)

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Visionary vs Juju (offscreen) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2019, 01:10 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Visionary vs Juju (offscreen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Sad they can't get scripted sequences to work.

But I love the you-should-see-it-my-way crowd.
I know right!
Old 06-10-2019, 01:38 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0

How does the run off of the clock work in clutch time? Did EA say?

Because a 7 second run off is kind of scary to me with a no huddle. I just rather see the seconds tick off than for time to be sped up like that.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #35
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't know if they were playing on HDR displays, but the lighting looks better than last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #36
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
All of you guys are missing it. They got rid of the breaking the huddle walk ups because they couldn't figure out how to stop players from completely walking through each other's bodies. ...
Yep, I agree with that.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #37
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

The thing I hated about that vid is it felt like every pass was a contested ball and every one was caught by someone.

Classic madden stat line. 16 of 19 passing with 2 ints.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:16 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The thing I hated about that vid is it felt like every pass was a contested ball and every one was caught by someone.

Classic madden stat line. 16 of 19 passing with 2 ints.
This is why I thank the football gods for releasing the game on PC this year. We were able to to tremendous things with the gameplay to get some legacy issues like that fixed. Nectar, Sabo, and others all did amazing work figuring out the Frosty editor and what values changed what. The game is still Madden, but the modded version of Madden 19 is good enough for me to not fire up 2k5 or 2k8 all football season for the first time ever. Now, 20 looks to have taken a lot of steps I do not support so who knows if I will still be playing Madden 19 through football season or not. At least I have the choice to continue playing the modded game that does give me a much better football product than the base game.

The mods have been a blessing and a curse in a way. I've seen the potential changes that can be made. The game can play a pretty good brand of simulation football. EA just doesn't seem to want to tune the game to get it to. I'm glad we can on PC, but can you see how we are able to tune the game and see its potential and why it would be frustrating to see EA refuse to make at least the SIM mode play more like that?

― Plato
Old 06-10-2019, 06:49 PM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
This is why I thank the football gods for releasing the game on PC this year. We were able to to tremendous things with the gameplay to get some legacy issues like that fixed. Nectar, Sabo, and others all did amazing work figuring out the Frosty editor and what values changed what. The game is still Madden, but the modded version of Madden 19 is good enough for me to not fire up 2k5 or 2k8 all football season for the first time ever. Now, 20 looks to have taken a lot of steps I do not support so who knows if I will still be playing Madden 19 through football season or not. At least I have the choice to continue playing the modded game that does give me a much better football product than the base game.

The mods have been a blessing and a curse in a way. I've seen the potential changes that can be made. The game can play a pretty good brand of simulation football. EA just doesn't seem to want to tune the game to get it to. I'm glad we can on PC, but can you see how we are able to tune the game and see its potential and why it would be frustrating to see EA refuse to make at least the SIM mode play more like that?
I agree with this sentiment, especially the last sentence.

I'm able to mitigate some of the issues with sliders and get the game playing the way I want to.

I doubt that will be a issue with 20, either.

I know how this game played more than a decade ago on PC, glad they brought it back.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:43 PM   #40
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Is there any more raw video like this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »