Home

So.....in the mix of all the gameplay stuff we saw over the weekend

This is a discussion on So.....in the mix of all the gameplay stuff we saw over the weekend within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2019, 07:38 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: So.....in the mix of all the gameplay stuff we saw over the weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I could be wrong but I think older Maddens kept track of what teams players used to be on.
You are right.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-12-2019, 08:57 AM   #10
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

If they even added which team the player played for in each year in the career stats section of their player card I would be happy. But it would also be nice to have a menu which displayed past award winners and past superbowl winners at the very least to give some sort of history to your franchise. Little things like this would add so much to the franchise experience for me because the way it is right now once you move on to a new year in franchise it almost feels like the previous year didn't even happen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2019, 09:23 AM   #11
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

So.....in the mix of all the gameplay stuff we saw over the weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4show10
Stats like who won MVP in prior years, rookie of the year in prior years, box scores from prior years and more. I don't see any of that in the game unless I'm missing something. I'm in 2023, where can I see my box score for when I played Detroit back in 2019? That's the last time I played them and I want to know how we faired.

Also past super bowl winners. Only way to keep somewhat track of it is by looking at the coaches legacy standings and counting how many Lombardi trophies they have but no info on what team they were coaching at the time or what year in the franchise it was.

There have been seasons I’ve been playing and don’t even know who the current defending champs are. Frustrating not being able to look it up. What are we supposed to do? Write it down in a notebook?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2019, 09:36 AM   #12
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I could be wrong but I think older Maddens kept track of what teams players used to be on.
I think Madden 19 does this too, at least to a certain extent. Don't have the game in front of me, but I think you can go to the player card and flip through a few of the menus and it's got the spot they were drafted, traded, etc.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
Also past super bowl winners. Only way to keep somewhat track of it is by looking at the coaches legacy standings and counting how many Lombardi trophies they have but no info on what team they were coaching at the time or what year in the franchise it was.

There have been seasons I’ve been playing and don’t even know who the current defending champs are. Frustrating not being able to look it up. What are we supposed to do? Write it down in a notebook?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Honestly I save all my previous seasons just so I can manually go back and look at historical stats prior to me playing some key games against key opponents. It sucks that us as grown men have to create Artificial immersion in Madden in 2019 in Franchise mode.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:17 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
I think Madden 19 does this too, at least to a certain extent. Don't have the game in front of me, but I think you can go to the player card and flip through a few of the menus and it's got the spot they were drafted, traded, etc.
No, well I mean yes they have this but we are talking HOLISTIC stats you can view in prior seasons.

Example: let's say I'm in year 10 of my franchise and I want to go back and look at stats around the league from let's say year 3, you currently can't do this in Madden. Basically each year in your franchise feels the EXACT same with no HOLISTIC historical stats to view. When I play 2K or even NBA live and my player is shooting free throws at the free throw line, the game will pop up a stat on the side or at the bottom that'll show what his free throw percentage is this year and what it was the prior 2yrs and overall in his career. Thats pretty damn cool. Also it will show what that player's career points per game average is versus a certain opponent, madden doesn't have anything like that.

Madden USED to show historical stats but not anymore.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:48 PM   #15
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

The player cards on the front end rosters have the teams players have played for. The rosters in franchise does not. Would Also be cool if they added teams all time leaders in a few categories.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »