Home

Still no Formation Shifts or D-Line Stunts

This is a discussion on Still no Formation Shifts or D-Line Stunts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2019, 01:02 PM   #25
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Still no Formation Shifts or D-Line Stunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Stunts without O-line counters is just asking for trouble. They will either do nothing or be OP. Plays in past Maddens featured stunts, but as I recall they just got picked up every time.

As to formation shifting the game lets you do that now through the audible mechanics. The only reason to want the old system back is to mirror routes so that the AI can't/won't cover them.
I agree with the Oline needing counters for these things, and that just points toward the whole OLine - DLine interaction needing a complete rehaul.

And the formation shifting doesn't really get covered by current audible mechanics. In madden I can only "shift" (audible) to a different formation if I have the right personnel on the field. In the 2K version, I could come out in any formation I want to, with the personnel for the formation I would end up in!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2019, 01:03 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblock1111
I agree with the Oline needing counters for these things, and that just points toward the whole OLine - DLine interaction needing a complete rehaul.

And the formation shifting doesn't really get covered by current audible mechanics. In madden I can only "shift" (audible) to a different formation if I have the right personnel on the field. In the 2K version, I could come out in any formation I want to, with the personnel for the formation I would end up in!
So you want to do stuff like making WRs and RBs your in-line TE? There are ways to do that now.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:12 PM   #27
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

Quote:
So you want to do stuff like making WRs and RBs your in-line TE? There are ways to do that now.
No, I want to be able to shift and motion like a real football offense, instead of completely changing my play to change my formation, and only being able to send 1 person in motion for the entire play.

Not quick sub or re-order my depth chart for my WR to play TE for a play or two and then forget he was there and accidently have him playing TE when I need my real TE.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:16 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
No, I want to be able to shift and motion like a real football offense, instead of completely changing my play to change my formation, and only being able to send 1 person in motion for the entire play.

Not quick sub or re-order my depth chart for my WR to play TE for a play or two and then forget he was there and accidently have him playing TE when I need my real TE.
You don't need to change your play. If I come out in Singleback Ace - Z Spot and then audible to Singleback Wing - Z Spot I've just done a formation shift in exactly the manner you want to.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:19 PM   #29
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

Quote:
You don't need to change your play. If I come out in Singleback Ace - Z Spot and then audible to Singleback Wing - Z Spot I've just done a formation shift in exactly the manner you want to.
Okay, can I come out in Goal line and audible to gun empty - 4 verts? Or vice versa?
Old 06-13-2019, 01:21 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

What is being asked for is an actual mechanic to be able to do formation shifts whenever wanted. You're honestly starting to come off like you are against EA adding anything to their games in all of these threads. Yes, while you can technically audible sometimes to represent a formation shift it is not the same as having a set way to formation shift out of every huddle if wanted like 2k had

― Plato
Old 06-13-2019, 01:26 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Okay, can I come out in Goal line and audible to gun empty - 4 verts? Or vice versa?
No, but this ability lead to absurdities the last time it was included and I have no doubt that it would again. Those issues aren't getting resolved any time soon so just adding formations shifts would break the defensive AI.

You can do it with simple motions now. Any corner or post route motioned across the formation is going to get wide open against any stock defense in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2019, 01:32 PM   #32
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

Quote:
No, but this ability lead to absurdities the last time it was included and I have no doubt that it would again. Those issues aren't getting resolved any time soon so just adding formations shifts would break the defensive AI.

You can do it with simple motions now. Any corner or post route motioned across the formation is going to get wide open against any stock defense in the game.
So this just works back to my original point of being disappointed that EA/Madden can't add this to the game. If APF 2K8 could figure out how to let me formation shift from any formation in 2007 then I find it hard to believe that EA in 2019 just absolutely cant figure it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »