Home

I love the idea of superstar abilities but..

This is a discussion on I love the idea of superstar abilities but.. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2019, 09:52 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I love the idea of superstar abilities but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I like the x-factor abilities and I like that the zone is activated by meeting certain requirements. Players need things to happen to get into their zone. If you keep Brady on his back, preventing him from stringing together a few pass completions, he can essentially be taken out of his zone.

Notice Mahomes didn't get into his zone against the Patriots during the playoffs. But you allow Mahomes to get a ball or two off to Tyreek Hill, and it is end of game, or at least be prepared for a high scoring game like the 43-40 game Mahomes posted in their first meeting against the Patriots, though they still lost.
But what about those instances when players come out of the locker room in the zone.....I'm a Steelers fan and there's been PLENTY of games where Big Ben, AB or Lev Bell came out in that 1st drive looking like they're about to have a crazy game.

Trust me, it doesn't take AB 3 catches for 30yds or more in order for him to get into a zone.

Same with Brady. Me being a Steelers fans I know ALL TOO well when Brady comes out the gate on Pittsburgh going 12-13 for 155yds and 3TD's against us in the 1st half lol. It didn't take him long at all to get into a zone lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-12-2019, 10:10 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 19

FYI, Arcade Style has less imposed restrictions on gameplay than either Comp or Sim Styles.

It’s actually the only play style that produces exactly what it says it does, so when I see it used in post/Tweets as though it represents the worse of the 3 styles, I’m like if you only knew.

- no imposed timer delays on Pass Rushers
- greater variety of catch/tackle triggering animations
- greater Offensive AI avoidance of tackles, including by the QB
- greater downfield shots than both Comp/Sim

Another area where gamers get too caught up in the name without knowing the true differences

Lastly, when we use the term “Realistic” we’re basically just noting our wishlist, because it’s so subjective.

I really believe this concept is going to highlight/expand Player Differentiation in a big way.

Really can’t wait to get my hands on it.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:05 PM   #11
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4show10
But what about those instances when players come out of the locker room in the zone.....I'm a Steelers fan and there's been PLENTY of games where Big Ben, AB or Lev Bell came out in that 1st drive looking like they're about to have a crazy game.

Trust me, it doesn't take AB 3 catches for 30yds or more in order for him to get into a zone.

Same with Brady. Me being a Steelers fans I know ALL TOO well when Brady comes out the gate on Pittsburgh going 12-13 for 155yds and 3TD's against us in the 1st half lol. It didn't take him long at all to get into a zone lol

Coaches scripting plays and the opponent is incapable of stopping them.

Ultimately, the x-factor abilities are not exact, and we can go around and around posing questions from an infinite number of situations throughout the years in football.

I would say the x-factor gives the incentive to focus on key players and rewards people for meeting goals. Football is about goals. Many player contracts have goals or incentives. Thus a game replicating a sport should have incentives and goals too.

Maybe the next Madden (M21) will present us with Franchise practice mode where meeting certain goals will allow for a player or team to come out of the tunnel with an x-factor already in the zone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2019, 11:23 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
FYI, Arcade Style has less imposed restrictions on gameplay than either Comp or Sim Styles.

It’s actually the only play style that produces exactly what it says it does, so when I see it used in post/Tweets as though it represents the worse of the 3 styles, I’m like if you only knew.

- no imposed timer delays on Pass Rushers
- greater variety of catch/tackle triggering animations
- greater Offensive AI avoidance of tackles, including by the QB
- greater downfield shots than both Comp/Sim

Another area where gamers get too caught up in the name without knowing the true differences

Lastly, when we use the term “Realistic” we’re basically just noting our wishlist, because it’s so subjective.

I really believe this concept is going to highlight/expand Player Differentiation in a big way.

Really can’t wait to get my hands on it.
All that stuff is great. Idk if you are suggesting I don't know why sim style means? Sim stands for simulation as in as close to real as they can get. I don't know how you can sit here and tell me completing objectives to unlock your special abilities is in any way sim.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:23 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:

Ultimately, the x-factor abilities are not exact, and we can go around and around posing questions from an infinite number of situations throughout the years in football.

I would say the x-factor gives the incentive to focus on key players and rewards people for meeting goals. Football is about goals. Many player contracts have goals or incentives. Thus a game replicating a sport should have incentives and goals too.

Maybe the next Madden (M21) will present us with Franchise practice mode where meeting certain goals will allow for a player or team to come out of the tunnel with an x-factor already in the zone?
You could've stopped right after your 1st sentence because that's where I going. The CPU/A.I. in madden does a HORRIBLE job game planning/scripting plays to get the best player involved.

Madden has been out for over 30yrs, they own the EXCLUSIVE NFL license rights, EA is a 5 billion dollar annually a year company but yet, they haven't found a way to stop the CPU from running all go's every 3 or 4 plays?......

Old 06-12-2019, 11:34 PM   #14
MVP

Dude they know how to alter the frequency of play calls within the AI game plans. It's a pretty simple process. Have you considered the possibility that the fact the AI spams verts was a deliberate choice?
Old 06-12-2019, 11:41 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:

That's fine if they want to have goals but I'm saying they are implemented in an arcade style. When the players meet these goals in real life they get more money not some special abilities.
Maybe the other abilities are designed better but just speaking for mahomes his bazooka makes no sense in the context of the actual sport. It would be like 2k giving steph the ability to hit 3/ from extra deep range but only if he has already made 4 3s that game. When in reality steph can regularly hit deep shots without already making 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2019, 11:45 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Dude they know how to alter the frequency of play calls within the AI game plans. It's a pretty simple process. Have you considered the possibility that the fact the AI spams verts was a deliberate choice?
4 verts is the stupidest play in the whole game. If the developers put that play in every teams playbook and makes them run it multiple times per game on purpose then they should really hire some new guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »